The Venus Take Away

( 1 review )
+44-1637860297

Watergate Bay, Newquay, England, TR8 4AA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seasonal operating (Easter to end of October), eco-friendly take away on the beach. Has vegan sausages and gluten-free pies, veggie burgers. Ask staff for ingredient list if unsure. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, British, Take-out only, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by trinitybourne

Great unexpected find on a Cornish beach - Edit

Really pleased to find this little place right on the beach where we were staying last week.

It's a busy seasonal take away (I can't imagine many people would be on the beach in the winter).

They do serve local, organic meat although they offer some good options for vegans too. We enjoyed a homemade beetroot & tofu burger, which was rather delicious. You just have to be really clear asking for the vegan version (which basically involves leaving off the mayo). They also do Clives gluten-free pies and have the ingredient lists behind the counter. I had a chat with a lovely lady there and she was happy to show me the ingredients, so that I knew what I was getting.

They also serve vegan sausages there (which are labelled). You can have 'em with beans or in a sandwich. Perfect for a snack when the wind gets a bit chilly on the beach.

We will definitely be back.

Pros: Vegan and gluten free options, Eco-friendly ethics, Friendly

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Newquay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Venus Take Away closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.