The Veggie Grill - West Hollywood

Contact 323-822-7575

8000 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California, USA, 90046

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Underground parking lot with validation. This is their 4th cafe. In the same shopping Plaza as Trader Joe's. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Eh - Edit

Pretty disappointed. I've been wanting to try this place for months and finally had the opportunity to when visiting Disneyland. The food was ok. I got to try a lot of vegan restaurants along the way since we drove here and this place tasted like a classic "chain." The cheez tasted like Daiya cheez and not homemade. The meet on my nachos came out cold. My boyfriend's chikin was dry. This place was ok but I won't miss it back at my home state.

Pros: Clean look

Cons: Food was cold and dry, Didn't taste homemade

Yummy 'fish' tacos and banh mi! - Edit

Hubby and I, both vegan, had lunch here on a quick visit to West Hollywood from the east coast. We ordered the "Tres 'Fish' Tacos" and "Glazed Tofu Banh Mi" which were both delicious! We also ordered the "Mondo Nachos", which even I (not a big fan of spice) found a bit bland. Overall a great experience with friendly, helpful staff and clean, contemporary environment. I hope the Veggie Grill will start opening locations beyond the west coast soon!

Pros: Our main dishes were outstanding!, Friendly service, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Nachos a bit bland

Amazing! - Edit

Stopped by Veggie Grill today for the very first time, and I was pleasantly satisfied!

The staff is friendly and helpful, and the overall place is clean and welcoming.

The food was delicious, I ordered the Buffalo Bomber with Yukon fries, and my meat-eating boyfriend ordered the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwhich with Yukon fries and he loved every bit of it.

Will definitely be coming here again!

Nice Enough Food - Edit

We go here quite a bit. Cool, laid-back staff. Food is good, but not always flavorful enough. Their onion rings are so-so, and really standard. The chili was super-boring. Their sweet potato fries are really good, and not too oily. Fair prices.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 12, 2014

Pros: Validated parking for an hour, nice staff

Cons: Food is sometimes bland

Veggie Grill Is Our Fav!!!!! - Edit

We have been to this location a few times as well as a couple of others. The food is awesome and the iced teas/lemonades are just as awesome. The staff are really friendly. It is good value for money also. I would defintely recommend Veggie Grill to anyone

Pros: Awesome Food, Good Selection, Friendly Staff

My Favorite Veggie Grill Location - Edit

This is my favorite Veggie Grill chain location. It is the cleanest, the coziest, and the most convenient with parking.

The outdoor space is super quaint and well designed. I would recommend eating outside if weather permits when you go.

The Fast-food-Americana style food is always good, consistent, and reliable. You can't go wrong with any of their sandwiches and sides. The prices are a bit higher than a regular fast food restaurant though, but not expensive. Your looking at an average of $12 a meal.

There is a parking garage for the shopping complex this Veggie Grill is located in and the parking is free with validation from Veggie Grill.

A very solid and cozy experience every time I go. Highly recommend for lunch.

Pros: Well Designed, Clean, Food

Great place - Edit

Veggie Grill do a fantastic range of vegan meals and snacks. My favourite so far is the chilli bowl, really wholesome and great value. Ate here several in 2011 and 2012 and this venue also has the advantage of a cosy outdoor seating area away from the noise of street. Diverse menu of wholesome veggie items - featuring comfort foods such as mac n cheese, healthy salads, and faux meats for those who like that kind of thing. This ensures they have wide appeal and seems to have created a winning formula for a veggie restaurant chain given their ongoing west coast expansion. More fast food though than a place for a relaxing romantic dinner!

Pros: Choice of food, All vegan, Value for money

Cons: Fast food environment

Yummy - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened, and here's my The Veggie Grill review.

I've dined at a handful of other Veggie Grill locations in Southern California and have tried almost all the menu items. This is their fourth location.

The menu is the same as the others, and the decor and color scheme, furniture, are all very similar / streamlined.

The food is tasty. One time here, my friend and I shared the American Stack burger (marinated faux meat slices, fried onion rings, and toppings between buns), the Santa Fe chicken sandwich (battered fried faux chicken and toppings between buns), sweet potato fries with a creamy dressing, and the kale salad. We also got a cookie and lemonade. Everything was vegan and delicious.

The All-American Stack is Awesome!!!!! - Edit

I love this place! The All Hale Kale Salad and Santa Fe Crispy Chicken Sandwich are amazing, the burgers are both great, and the delicious All-American Stack will convince even the most carnivorous diner that vegetarians aren't out of their minds. They also have the most tart and refreshing strawberry lemonade I've ever had.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 06, 2012

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Service, Great Atmosphere

Fried Chik'n Plate Was Quite Good, But.... - Edit

We have eaten here a few times, but probably won't be going back much anymore. My partner and I tried the new Fried Chik'n Plate for lunch today, and I was generally quite impressed by it: the chik'n tasted great and had a nice, crispy batter; the cauliflower mashed potatoes and gravy were fabulous; but the kale was not hot. My partner's impression was much less favorable: he said the food was okay, but could use more salt. On past visits, the food was sometimes quite good, but other times just okay and not hot. Last time, my mac & cheese was lukewarm.

We have never liked the fact that the tables are so close together. Fortunately, we've always been able to have an empty table between us and other patrons, but today in order to have this minimal amount of privacy, we had to move dirty plates, utensils, etc. from a table that had not been cleaned. When the table next to us (to which we had moved the used plates, etc.) was finally attended to, the server only partially cleaned it, leaving a glass and a bottle of ketchup there.

Although on most of our previous visits the service has been cordial and fairly efficient, today the server was merely efficient: when she brought out our food, she did not bother to greet us. Without even smiling, she just asked who had which plate.

So, although I would enjoy having the Crispy Chik'n Plate again, I don't think we'll be returning any time soon.

Pros: delicious Crispy Chik'n Plate, nice, clean bathroom, some staff are cordial

Cons: sometimes food is lukewarm, tables are close together, server was not cordial

Yumilicious vegan comfort food! - Edit

Upon arrival in L.A. The Veggie Grill was my very 1st stop. I got the All-American Stack, a HUGE & messy vegan burger topped with onion rings, lettuce, pickles, & thousand island dressing. Sinful! Their fries are sweet potato fries (of which I am not a fan). But if you are, then you'd probably love them. The Chill Out Wings are a sauceless version of chicken tenders which are served with BBQ sauce. They were very good! If I had one wish it'd be that they offered a vegan honey mustard sauce as well. (I'm a huge sauce fan!) On a different day I returned for the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' & got it as a wrap. It was a delicious combination of crispy, cool, & spicy. The strawberry lemonade is perfectly refreshing & a must try! And the carrot cake?? DELICIOUS! Amongst the best I've ever had! The cream "cheese" icing is a flawless vegan version. Simply perfect. The chocolate chip cookie is also good. It's pre-packaged & ready to go. If you are in L.A. & not afraid of calories (they actually have lighter & lower-fat options though), then Veggie Grill is a must try! And don't forget to ask them to validate your ticket if you park in the parking garage.

Pros: They validate your parking tkt, Large portions, Spacious & clean dining room area

True genius - Edit

Seriously. Veggie Grill is amazing. I have taken a number of omnivores here and they have all loved it. I have never had anything here that wasn't good, but I particularly love the V-burger and the chop-chop chef salad. Also, amazing mac & cheese! I am drooling now.

Pros: Delicious, Convenient

Very tasty! - Edit

I have been to the Veggie Grill several times now with my husband. We can't stop raving about the taste of the food here. Between the two of us, we've had every sandwich on the menu and haven't had a complaint about a single one. The sweet potato fries are my favorite. I wish they would open up in Studio City. Then I'd be able to walk over when ever I needed a tasty veggie sandwich fix.
The staff is always very friendly, polite and helpful too.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Cons: No locations in the valley

Contributions +18

I eat at Veggie Grill at least once a week. The decor is not much, but I love the Bali salad, the portobello burger and the chili! If you haven't been yet, go!
PS they also have delicious root beer!

Pros: FOOD

Cons: decor

Fast Food with a vegan twist - Edit

I went to the Veggie Grill very hopeful and optimistic. The staff was super friendly. I ordered the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' with the sweetheart fries. The food came out a lot quicker than I expected. I personally thought that the sandwich was overspiced (and I don't mind spicy). Something just was a little off. The fries weren't worth all the hype. I think they were topped with vegan parm, which I'm not really crazy about. I loved the vegan chipotle ranch, though.

All in all, it was good, but I wouldn't call it memorable. The food would be worth it if you were super hungry and wanted a vegan meal quick.

Pros: Quick, Nice Staff, Validate parking

Cons: Pricey for what you get

Great New Vegan Place! - Edit

Checked it out for the first time today and will be back. Loved the Portobello sandwich, the sweet potato fries (no dipping sauce necessary) and the mixed green salad. Fat Tire beer in a cool glass was a nice addition. Parking is convenient and they validate!

Pros: Tasty

Contributions +109

very good stuff - Edit

After reading the other Veggie Cow reviews, I had to try them out. I think it's a bit over-reated, but pretty good, nonetheless.

Their sweet potato fries with dipping sauce are great. (It's the sauce more than the fries themselves.) Their All-American Stack is pretty decent, but nothing to write home about.

great post show spot! - Edit

We found this place out by accident coming out of a comedy show on sunset and I was so glad to see them open at that hour. It was the perfect light fare for a late hour meal! Some friends were disappointed with the desserts though - very small for the amount paid (tiny amount of pudding) Had a portobello burger and the kale salad and as others know, it's awesome when non-veggies enjoy their meal too. This place turned my friend onto kale :) And that, is reason enough to write a thumbs up here!

Pros: fresh, tasty, original dishes

Cons: smidge pricey

This Restaurant Can Turn a Carnivore! - Edit

My husband and I have been coming to The Veggie Grill since they opened and have loved every meal. Their All Hail Kale Salad and their Chipotle BBQ Sandwich are probably my favorite dishes. My husband goes crazy for their Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' Sandwich and their new nachos. We recently ordered a double order of All Hail Kale Salad and a Carrot Cake for our Superbowl party and the staff really outdid themselves. The salad was beautifully displayed on a large, reusable platter and the cake was a huge, double-layered beauty with fresh walnuts on the side and real carrots grated on top. Our carnivore friends ate every bit of the salad, commenting on the yummy ginger-papaya vinaigrette, and devoured the cake, some guests even having 2 slices. The best part was that all that food only cost $56.00! Great bargain and even better food. Oh, and if you fill out a comment card, you get a free entrée on your birthday. These folks know how to keep customers coming back!

Pros: fantastic food, great prices, next to Trader Joe's

Cons: not in the Valley yet, delivery costs are prohibitive

deeeeelicious - Edit

My mom always complains when I take her to vegetarian restaurants - its mostly psychological with her - preconceived notions that the food will be bad or boring so she never gives it a chance. So I took her to VeggieGrill - by far my favorite vegetarian restaurant in LA - and didnt tell her that the "chicken" wasnt chicken.

When she was finished her sandwich I asked her how the chicken was and she said it was delicious. Parents - what can you do.

Everything is great here - especially the All American Stack. I also think the pudding is great.

Pros: excellent food, fast service

Yummy!!! - Edit

We checked out this new location today for lunch. It's so much closer to us now than the El Segundo location (and across the street from Dirk's marital arts studio, so I foresee more trips in the near future). Yay! It's the same menu and sleek modern decor (very IKEA). The inside space flows nicely and there's tables outside in the courtyard too. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The food came out SO quickly too. They checked on us multiple times even though it's an order at the counter type place.

We started with the chill out wings before proceeding to the All American Stack burger and the Chipotle BBQ burger with sides of sweet potato fries and chili, respectively. And we had carrot cake to top it off. They have three different iced teas and they were all tasty. We definitely left feeling very gluttonous, but it was all yummy! It made our trip afterwards to the Trader Joe's next door a quick one since we were so full! ;-p

Pros: yummy vegan fast food, friendly staff, finally in WeHo!!!

Return to West Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - West Hollywood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3814 times since Sep 2009.