The Veggie Grill - Santa Monica

310-829-1155

2025 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90403

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by SynthVegan

yum - Edit

You really can't go wrong with veggie grill. Lots of options to satisfy all appetites. My omnivore father said the New beyond burger in the menu was indistinguishable from meat.

Good chow - Edit

Enjoyed the nice weather while dining outdoors on a Beyond burger. Our non-vegetarian friends enjoyed the Buffalo wings.

Pros: Vegan

love it - Edit

Almost always have a positive experience here. They've raised prices in recent times, but overall it's the best vegan deal around. I like to order the Bali bliss which isn't on the menu anymore but they still make it. I did just order the quinoa power salad and some veggies were literally frozen. They're very good at rectifying issues when they arise though.

Pros: vegan comfort, patio, consistency

Great Food, Bad Parking - Edit

This location has all of the great food and service you would expect from a Veggie Grill but the parking is horrid. It's probably a function of being in LA but the lot only holds a handful of spaces that are shared with adjacent restaurants. There is metered street parking which is usually taken during the busy lunch hour. Other than that, it's all good. What this location would benefit from is a drive-through window.

Like all Veggie Grill's, not all of the food is healthy, so while delicious, there are some fattening entrees. It's good to check the nutritional content of the meals. They are also bringing in some lower calorie options which are great. I love this place and hope they do well.

Updated from previous review on Monday February 08, 2016

Pros: excellent food, great selection, friendly staff

Cons: parking is horrible, a drive-through window would be great

cheap, healthy and good - Edit

Simple and healthy vegan food at a very reasonable price. Especially considering it's all organic.

What a great place - Edit

This was my first time at any Veggie Grill and I really liked it. A mix of healthy and less healthy vegan fare in a fast food tour of setting. I liked the Santa Fe chicken wrap and the soup of the day, red lentil, tasted do closer to something if make at home. If this were at home, if probably eat here ask the time.

Pros: Quick, Diverse menu, Healthy and less healthy options

OK - Edit

I'm a VG fan in general, so customer service is typically the only difference between their locations. This location is only a couple of miles from the Santa Monica Pier. They have a free parking lot, and when I went on a Sunday, there were 2 hours of free street parking as well.

I was on my way back to AZ, so I got my food to go. I ordered a few Mexi mini-wraps, a Buffalo mini-wrap, Buffalo Wings, and a BLT (but with no tomatoes). I used some of my "Love," which is what they call their loyalty program, and got the BLT ($9.95) for free! Everything was packaged well for the trip home.

This location is one of their smaller ones, but it was very clean in both the dining room and the restroom. (They had eco-friendly Meyer's hand soap in the rest rooms. I love Meyers!) They have a completely covered patio area which overlooks Wilshire Blvd, for your people-watching pleasure.

The staff who I dealt with were not the friendliest, and the cashier seemed almost annoyed that I was using rewards for my entree item. Whatever.

I ate my Buffalo mini-wrap while I was on the road and it was ok; the tortilla was a little tough. If I'm in the area again, I'd be willing to give them another try.

Pros: free parking lot parking

Like a way better version of Native Foods - Edit

I haven't eaten an actual chicken sandwich in a number of years, but this is one of those places that makes a vegan version that would satisfy most carnivores. Also excellent drinks and desserts.

Pros: Great vegan fast food, decent value, friendly staff

Cons: Fattening, no parking

Chain Vegan - Edit

What can I say. McVegan has arrived. Decent Veggie Burger but for $10? Quality of "meat" seemed typical, no difference perceived with store purchased Morninstar Farms with some fixings on it.
Also went to Santa Monica location identical menu,pricing.

Pros: Consistentcy, Multiple Locations

Cons: Pricey , Chain Restaurant environment, Food quality just average

vegan fast food at its best - Edit

My partner and I stopped by and had a pretty good lunch here before heading out of town. Place was clean, staff very kind, food was tasty although not as healthy as I would've liked. Yes, the entire menu is vegan, but much of it is fried and uses fake meat/dairy products. It was all too processed for frequent visits, but OK for a little indulgence once in a while. They do have a couple of healthier soup and salad items. I also liked that you can opt for steamed kale instead of wheat bun for your burger. If you want a cruelty-free fast food fix, this IS the place.

Pros: tasty food, friendly service

Cons: not that healthy

Vegan fast food with mass appeal - Edit

Nope, it ain't healthy, but at least no animals were harmed. Also, it's probably less unhealthy than MOST fast food, just more unhealthy than what comes out of my kitchen. Whatever. It's a treat, and it's completely crowded with omnivores, which makes me so incredibly happy. They need to expand across the country. You know what would be a good place for one? San Francisco east bay. Oakland? Berkeley? HINT HINT. I feel like this chain could be successful anywhere.

Pros: all vegan, popular with omnis, consistant

Cons: less healthy

Loved it! - Edit

I can't believe I didn't find this place before. Food is delicious, and served super fast. Nicely decorated inside and some tables on the balcony with street view to enjoy the warm nice Santa Monica sun.
I loved the kale salad and my 5 year old enjoyed the "Buffalo wings" so much...
We come here twice, but I wish I could go every day until I've tasted everything on the menu!

Pros: Delicious, Super Fast, Friendly staff

My family eats here often - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened and have eaten here many times. Here's my The Veggie Grill review.

First came here in December 2010 when this Veggie Grill location had just opened. Last trip here was this week, September 2012.

What I like about the Veggie Grill is the consistency in the food taste. I can always expect good taste each time. The quality control is quite incredible. The owners have really streamlined all the Veggie Grill locations, which I believe is a major key to their success. Same decor, same menu, and good taste that's delivered consistently.

I especially like the sweet potato fries with the creamy dressing, the big fat onion rings with a creamy ranch sauce, the Santa Fe crispy chickn burger, and the tempeh burger (forgot the name). The batter fried chickn tenders/fingers are yummy, and the lemonade is very refreshing. Good cookies, too.

My daughter and I also went in for the kids burger meal launch. I got myself a Bali Bliss (blackened tempeh burger) and for her the kids burger menu -- the burger is the same patty as the VG burger patty but without all the fancy stuff, just pickles. I took out the pickles, and my little girl enjoy it. Kids menu come with choice of side (we got sweet potato fries), choice of cold drink, and a little cookie.

The food is highly addictive and be a bit decadent (fried stuff and sweet stuff), but that's why we like it. If you want to be good, then order the salads or the non-fried stuff.

The people here are doing an amazing job.

Pros: delicious, nice space, quick and friendly service

I wish they had Veggie Grill in Sydney!! - Edit

I LOVED this place, like LOVEDDDDDD. The burgers were amazing, the chilli cheese fries were TDF, omgosh I was so full every time I ate here but it was totaly worth it. I kept having the VG-cheeseburger but next time I will try something else. I'm drooling at the memory.

Pros: best burgers, great for non-veg too, Friendly staff

I'd move to so cal for this place alone! - Edit

soooo good! not what i was expecting! kind of an upscale decor but pretty laid back feel. the staff was very friendly and the food is GOOD! me and the person i went with shared out food and every thing other than the mac n cheese which was a little funky, was super good! made this vegan very happy! can't wait to go back!

KALE DELISH! - Edit

I had the kale salad with chikin and it was absolutely amazing! The colors in the salad were great. The chicken noodle soup was nothing spectacular, just reg soup. The free sample carrot cake got a thumbs up.

I've brought my boyfriend here twice already, and he likes it too.

Pros: fresh, tasty

fast food, as unhealthy as any other fastfood - Edit

I call this place compassionate fast food because only human animals get hurt. The only thing I've been able to modify on the menu is the Baja Salad, but I fear even the quinoa is made with rice bran oil... (Get w/o dressing, avo, tortillas for a heart healthy meal) the soups all have earth balance in them... i'll never be going back here again for a $9 plate of lettuce and papaya...

I finally went to this location after a movie last night since its open until 10pm. There is free parking in back and its still quite lively before close. There is outdoor seating, too. The staff is well trained and they definitley have a winning business model = ruin the health of your customers to get their money just like mcdonalds, burger king, wendy's (actually I can get a baked potato there) taco bell, etc.

Veggie grill, its what people want, but its not what they need... there is no reason for added fats in the soups...

Pros: clean hip decor, well run, nice employees

Cons: food is high in fat, no low fat items

ALL HAIL THE ALL HALE KALE! - Edit

If you can make raw kale taste this amazing, then you have sold me. After two years of just ordering the All Hail Kale with Blackened Tempeh I decided to was time to venture outside the realm of the dark leafy green. Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' out of this world. The Buffalo Wings with creamy ranch- BOMB! Nachos, Thai Chickin Salad, The Moroccan Lentil Soup... It's endless. Oh my newest craving The VG Cheeseburger Eldorado Style with sweetheart fries. I am completely addicted to this place--In the healthiest way possible. Thank you Veggie Grill for creating a place that I can enjoy as much as my meat eating friends! Keep it up!

Pros: excellent food, excellent service, consistently delcious

Cons: none in the bay area

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - Santa Monica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.