The Veggie Grill

• Vegan
Contact 408-296-6473

3055 Olin Ave Unit 1030 (at Santana Row), San Jose, California, USA, 95128

Casual vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California, this one opened Nov 2012. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by tristan

Awesome plant based chain - Edit

Like a previous reviewer mentioned, you really cant go wrong with anything here. The buffalo wings, fish tacos, BLTA and fries are all amazing. Recommmend downloading their rewards app.

Pros: Taste, Selection

Cons: Sometimes limited seating, Parking at Santana Row is hell.

Delicious & Gluten Free Menu! - Edit

I loved finding this place! It's all vegan options, with great portion sizes. The sweet potato GF fries and sauce were amazing, and because the burger buns aren't gluten free they have a kale option which was surprisingly delicious and I would order again. I wanted to order 15 things they all looked incredible. Can't wait to come back this week!

Pros: Gluten free menu, Great location - Santana Row, Amazing tasting vegan cheese

delicious food - Edit

I really enjoyed finding this place. First, they have organic beer (most of vegan places don't even sell beer), then the cheeseburger (with vegan cheese) is awesome and the buffalo tempeh stripes are so good that we asked for a 2nd order

Can't go wrong with anything here - Edit

Okay, I think about Veggie Grill way more than I should admit. I dream about their mac and cheese, crispy cauliflower, and buffalo wrap. I just love this place. I never thought I would like the meat alternatives but somehow Veggie Grill does it justice. It's a great place to take non-vegans, my brother couldn't tell his Santa Fe Chicken wasn't real meat, I guess this is a good thing?! Also, I love their chocolate pudding. You get points from your purchases and can redeem for food, so great! The staff is really friendly as well. Their green tea is the best!

Pros: every is so good, chocolate parfait, buffalo bomber

Awesome all vegan restaurant - Edit

This place is great. Everything on the menu is delicious, healthy, and completely vegan. My favorite is the B-Wing salad.
Prices are not too bad, and they have lots of perks like free dinner on your birthday and their rewards app gives you quite a bit of free food too.

Pros: excellent food, nice clean atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: can be crowded/noisy

Consistently great - Edit

I've been to several locations in Southern California, but this was my first time at a location in a different region. Upon entering, I wouldn't know the difference. The décor, service and food are all consistently great at all locations I have been to. I arrived for an early lunch, so it was still fairly empty, but by the time I left, the place was hopping which I was pleased to see. I ordered an old favorite, the All American Stack sandwich, with Yukon fries and it hit the spot as always. I hope they continue to expand and bring vegan comfort food everywhere.

Pros: consistent across locations, vegan comfort food, friendly service

Amazing - Edit

Veggie Grill is super. The food is awesome, the service is great and the restaurant is clean.
Try the Chicken Santa Fe with the cauliflower mashed potatoes on the side.
Wow...... Loved it.
My Hubby said " let's make this one of our favorites.

Yummy! - Edit

Everything is delicious. Love the Mac-n-cheese. Staff is always top notch. Worse I can say is the drink selection is a bit sparse. Oh...the warm cookie covered in chocolate goodness is a must try (if you still have room for dessert). My carnivore friends love the food.

Pros: Santana Row, Affordable, Friendly Staff

Cons: Drink Selection

Awesome!! - Edit

How great, as a vegan, to be able to go into a restaurant and order anything on the menu. On top of that, the food is excellent. It gets even better because the desserts are fabulous. We have gone a number of times and never been disappointed. You order at the counter then get a number and they bring you your food. They are very quick. Cauli-mashed potatoes are so good. Gravy is wonderful. Burgers, chickn-style, the sauces, ..all is really good. A number of people recommend the Buffalo Wings. Although we enjoyed them, we prefer the Chill Out Wings. Uptown Nachos are really good, too. They have fabulous teas and lemonade. Then...dessert. Wow. So delicious. Probably the best pudding II have ever tasted. So far, we have only tried the Chocolate Pudding Parfait. We are so full from the delicious meal. We split the Parfait. It was so good. I look forward to trying other desserts on future visits. They also have choices for on a children's menu. Just be aware, my daughter loves spicy food. She tried the chipotle ranch dressing on her salad. Although she liked it, her face turned red on her first bite because it was hotter than she expected. She still recommends it, just be aware it has quite a zip. We HIGHLY recommend Veggie Grill!

Pros: excellent food, nice variety, wonderful desserts

Cons: music can be too loud

Best casual vegan restaurant anywhere! - Edit

I LOVE Veggie Grill! Whenever I visited family in southern California I'd make them drive me into LA / Hollywood to have the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich and the All Hail Kale salad. I was distraught that VG didn't have a location in San Francisco or Sonoma County. When I recently moved to south Bay, the fact that there was a Veggie Grill in San Jose actually influenced my choice of where to move to. I ended up choosing an apartment that's less than 5 miles from the San Jose location!

The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly. The only downside of this location is that it's in Santana Row, which is an upscale outdoor mall that's always crowded. There are both underground and above ground parking structures, but every time I've tried to park in one of them I've had to drive around for 15-20 minutes waiting for someone to pull out of a spot. Very frustrating. But once I'm able to actually get to Veggie Grill I'm happy again, because it's SO GOOD!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Hard to park

Fantastic - Edit

I've been here twice and it's fabulous. I plan on eating here every time I'm in San Jose, or wherever they are located.

I've had the buffalo wings, chill out wings, uptown nachos and crispy chichin' plate so far and look forward to trying more of the menu over the next 3 days. A vegan travelers delight - vegan comfort food.

Pros: food is fantastic, great service, lots of choices

Cons: None so far

Diner Style Vegan Fare - Edit

I have eaten here many times. It is a great place to take your omnivorous friends and family. The food is good but it is a chain and definitely has the feel of a chain-restaurant. The food is a vegan spin on classic American diner food. You pay at the front and the food is delivered to your table. The All Hail Kale salad and the Buffalo Wings are two things that I would recommend to anyone.

Pros: quick service, moderately priced

Just What I Was Looking For - Edit

After going vegan, I've been craving some of my old favorite flavors. They absolutely delivered!!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 26, 2013

Pros: Great Food, Huge Menu, Very Friendly Staff

Cons: Very Fattening Food

Yay! San Jose gets a Veggie Grill! - Edit

I was so happy to see that we were getting an all-VEGAN chain restaurant right in the middle of San Jose. I was even more happy to see how busy they were. The staff were super-friendly, explaining to first time visitors the menu items, specials, and the fact the food was animal/trans-fat/cholesterol free, etc.

For as crowded as it was, I didn't have to wait long for a table. I love the variety of items on the menu--I almost couldn't decide! I ordered the All-American Stack with Sweetheart Fries w/ spicy Thousand Island Dressing. Yuuuum. I wish I'd ordered dessert to go, but now I have yet another reason to go back.

The decor is totally cute, bright, and modern, plus (proving the weather is suitable) there is also have outdoor seating.

Pretty good overall, pretty inexpensive, and great customer service! In addition to dine-in and take-out, they also offer catering too.

I will totally be patronizing Veggie Grill regularly.

Pros: Very Friendly Staff, Variety + Food served quickly, Good location

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5261 times since Nov 2012.