The Veggie Grill - Downtown Portland

503-841-6647

508 SW Taylor St (at downtown), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97204

Opened May 2012. Casual vegan cafe originating from Southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by crewumiami

Quick, Friendly, and Tasty - Edit

I stop here a couple times a month because this is close to my office. There is a great selection and the service is quick and friendly.

quick and tasty - Edit

I cannot WAIT until the day veggie grill announced they're coming to Boston. I had a super tasty sandwich while visiting Portland, and would love to see this type of establishment out east. Who doesn't love a good vegan fast - food joint?!

Yummy stuff - Edit

I had the Chicken Seoul Bowl and my husband had a southern chicken sandwich with barley soup. We shared the buffalo wings.
Everything was very yummy - especially the wings. I also had home made strawberry lemonade and a chocolate pudding. I'm not sure how they made that pudding dairy free, but it was sensational. Hubby, who is not Vegan, gave everything a thumbs up. I wish there was more on the menu that did not have processed vegan meat substitute. This seems to be a trend in Portland. I'm Vegan - I don't actually want to eat stuff pretending to be meat. Having said that, it was yummy and the staff were friendly. Would go again.

Pros: Quick, Clean and bright, Yummy

Cons: Not enough non meat-substitute options, closes at 9pm mid week

Great quick vegan food - Edit

We loved the Sonoral bowl and the buffalo wings

Yeey! - Edit

A vegan fast food chain! Sans the guilt! Very yummy and Great service!

I just love this place - Edit

Vegan fast food. It doesn't get better than that. Get the mac & cheese and add a little sriracha to it, amazing. Would highly recommend for a quick lunch or to-go meal.

So tasty - Edit

I was surprised that food from a vegan chain could taste this good! I had the Seoul bowl with Chickin' and it was delicious! I look forward to visiting the one in Bay Area closest to me when I'm back home.

Excellent Vegan Fast Food! - Edit

Ate here twice on our recent trip to Portland, & enjoyed both meals. Ate the "cheese"burger both times. Also enjoyed the Mac & "Cheese" as well as mashed potatoes/cauliflower (not sure which) w/ gravy. Wish we had a Veggie Grill at home in Virginia!

Best vegan food ever! - Edit

Love this place. Everything they make is delicious. Great vegan comfort foods like cheeseburgers, fish tacos, mac and cheese, and desserts!

Pros: multiple locations, tasty food, affordable

Great Fast Casual Place - Edit

Veggie Grill is a completely vegan, fast casual place with a large menu. I think it is comparable to Native Foods. Its fusion cuisine with bowls, entree plates, salads, burgers, and sandwiches. My favorite thing is the buffalo wings, as an appetizer, or in their b-wing salad. Yum!
Several things I have gotten there have been good, but not great (banh mi salad, seoul bowl) , but they have a great selection and my experiences have been enjoyable. I like the veggie chicken they use in many of the dishes.

Pros: Large, all vegan menu, Buffalo Wings

Great stuff! - Edit

As a burger lover this place just sounded too good to be true. It is a great place, and the food is amazing. One thing I do have to say is that the items on their menu are high in calories, so if you are trying to keep a low calorie diet do not eat here everyday. But I still am a huge fan of this place! Two thumbs up from me.

delicious - Edit

Really good vegan food. Mostly impressions of non vegan food, like burgers and mac and cheese. I got the grillin chickin sandwich and it was really tasty. My mom got fish tacos and said they were good too. The Mac and cheese was also delicious, but I was so full I couldn't finish it

Delicious, affordable, super friendly! - Edit

I do love the Veggie Grill. Yes, it's a (small) chain, but I often choose it over other places, because they just do everything right. It's delicious, all vegan, comfort food and healthy food are both available, and the staff are uniformly super friendly, in both Oregon and California.

Pros: Delicious, Super friendly, Affordable

Incredible! - Edit

Love this place! The menu is quite extensive. I tried the Grilled Quinoa + Veg Burger, and my friend had the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin'. We also had the Crispy Cauliflower and the Cauli-Mashed Potatoes + Gravy to try. Everything was amazing! My burger was honestly the best burger I've had in my life. Would be excited to go here again and again to try more of the menu. Highly recommend this place! Staff were very friendly as well.

Pros: Multiple iced teas to try. Amazing!

Cons: None!

Seol Bowl with Stake - don't try - Edit

I'm excited about everything about VeggieGrill, but disappointed by their this season pick. I tried Seol Bowl with Stake - don't try, it's COSTCO frozen Vegetables Patties of cheaper quality! I don't have to pay $11 for this hotchpotch item. I will come again and try other items as I love "freshness food concept".

Pros: Staff is awesome , Greatest number of healthy food choices , Clean and high Energy Hangout place in Portland

tasty and healthy - Edit

I had the pick two with the half kale Caesar salad and side of cauli-potato mash with mushroom gravy. I was perfectly full and didn't feel weighed down. Very tasty!

Loved it! - Edit

I absolutely loved this place. It wasn't the fanciest but the food was delicious and the staff were lovely. Highly recommended.

Vegan fast food! - Edit

Went here for a quick snack after a light lunch, had the cauliflower-mashed potatoes and gravy and it was pretty good! Wish I wasn't so full or else I would've tried more menu items. It was sort of surreal walking into a fast food type of place and having it be vegan but it was all in all a pleasant experience!

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - Downtown Portland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.