The Veggie Grill - Long Beach

• Vegan
Contact 562-430-4986

6451 E Pacific Coast Hwy (at The Marketplace), Long Beach, California, USA, 90803

Casual all-vegan cafe chain with locations in Southern California (see website). Offers a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by serenacarey

Excellent Vegan Food - Edit

I tried Veggie Grill when they first opened in Irvine years ago and wasn't impressed. We decided to try it agin. It was delicious...way better than Native Foods. I got the Thai Tofu on kale and had the tempeh bacon and Siracha put on the side since I don't like either (my husband was happy to consumer both). It was delicious! Even more amazing was the side of asparagus soup - one of the best soups I've ever had! My husband got the "chicken" burger and buffalo wings - he thoroughly enjoyed both and said they were far superior to Native Foods. My grandma, a non-vegan, got the quinoa/veggie burger with the side of coleslaw and she ate every morsel. She said it was very tasty really liked it. I'd definition back here next time I was in town!
Updated from previous review on Friday March 25, 2016

Pros: Vegan, Gluten-free, Amazing asparagus soup

Cons: A bit pricey, Look at your receipt - mine was incorrect!, long lines and noone opened up a 2nd register

YUM - Edit

Veggie grill is our favorite last minute eat out place to go. We've been to a few other locations but this one is by far the best with the most friendly service. We love the expansive menu and the fact that nothing is too expensive. we also love hing able to get creative with our drinks. This place sparked a buffalo addiction for my boyfriend and I that lasted months. What did it? The buffalo bomber and mini buffalo wrap. All in all this is a great location with friendly service and it's right in between a Nekter and Trader Joe's. Perfect!

Pros: Yummy food, cheap, quick & friendly service

Cons: non

Delicious vegan food with options galore. - Edit

There's something on the menu for everyone. My favorite is the All Hail Kale with blackened chickn' or the roasted beet salad. The servings are generous and the options are plentiful with regular new additions to the menu. Great soups daily. Some of these items are high in fat so you have to use your best judgement based on your needs. The carrot cake is exceptional. The fried cauliflower is off the charts! I haven't had a bad meal here yet.

Pros: Many menu options, New items added regularly, Both classic and innovative dishes

Cons: Some items high in fat

Chipoltle Ranch makes it all better - Edit

I have come here several times with my daughter especially before going to get groceries at Trader Joes. Extra bonus for the great location.

The food is consistently OK. The other night for example Buttercup and I ordered the BLTA, sweet potato fries, and the cauliflower.

The bread on the BLTA tasted and smelled burnt like it had been in too close of a proximity of something that did burn, and I suspect that was the Bakon on the sandwich, some pieces were black while others were in crumbles. The lettuce, tomato and Avocado were fresh and good quality. The sweet potatoes were served hot and well seasoned. I love their Chipotle ranch and actually requested it to go on the fried cauliflower. The sweet chili sauce really doesn't do it for me.

The fried Chik'n sandwich is a standard favorite that I think we will return to after the BLTA. My daughter really likes the MacNcheese.

The staff is friendly and helpful, I like that they check on you and try to anticipate your needs before you need them, like additional napkins or more sauce. The price point is fair, but what I feel should be the price point for a full service restaurant.

Pros: Location, Vegan, Reasonably fast

Cons: inconsistant, counter service

great chain option - Edit

This was one of the first vegan restaurants I went to after my heart attack. The food is amazingly tasty and a great option to bring non-vegans who want to give non-meat a try. As mentioned by another reviewer not the best for heart healthy eating, but I ask for no salt added on my choices and don't make it a weekly option. We could definitely use more plant based options in the restaurant world, but this place is nice for a little break from salads.

Pros: Many locations around SoCal, Good for non-vegans, Good reward program using their app

Cons: Some foods are pretty salty, Could offer less oily options

I Vote for No Oil and No Sugar - Edit

Please use no refined oils or sugar in your foods!!!!! Please provide more choices for people who want to eat heart healthy!!!!! Please use whole grain. Please sweeten with agave, maple syrup or dates. Follow the Forks Over Knives and Nutritionfacts.org way that is the scientifically proven healthiest.

Love It + Download the App! - Edit

This place is always a hit... Plus it's right by Trader Joes! You can't go wrong. Download their app for free! You get a free snack and a meal on your birthday :-)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 23, 2015

Pros: Great food, 100% vegan

Cons: Busy parking lot

always hits the spot - Edit

This place is consistently good...we eat here at least once a week. I love the variety of the menu & the quality of the food. The staff at this location is awesome! They introduce several new items that our seasonal...so you always have something new to try.

Pros: great food & selection, friendly, helpful staff, fresh ingredients

Cons: can't think of any

delicious, non-greasy, carnivore approved! - Edit

Update: download the veggie grill app to your phone! I swear, if everyone used it as often as I do, they'd probably stop it :) Free entrees, appetizers with a certain number of points, plus the email coupons, this place is a reliable default option.
Favs include the kale cesar salad, the grilled or blackened chicken dishes, the all american stack or portabello burgers are popular with meat-eaters, and I love the cauliflower sides. The grilled corn is the best corn on the cob you'll ever eat.

veggie grill is really one of my favorite places. The only downside was that it was always away from where I needed to be so when this location opened up in LB (where I spend most weekends), I was counting down the days and was there at the door at it's preview opening, begging for them to open up already! After the place opened up for real, I brought my teammates there, a pack of hungry omni/carnivores and was delighted to find that they all enjoyed their lunches (almost) as much as I did :) Places like Veggie Grill make me happy that there are tasty places to further the acceptance of herbivory...I finally have a place where friends will feel like they can have a clean and healthy meal yet feel satisfied, and best of all, I can eat with them, stuffing my veggie tummy with food I want! And everything on the menu is something I want. I have now gone back to this location, sometimes with coveted coupons and introduced veggie food to no-longer-reluctant customers. For those hesitant to try veggie meats, the portobello burger has been a hit, for those who want a refreshing introduction to a few mock meats, I like the chopped salad that's a mix of a few. In between, there are the standard "fast food" diner type favorites like hot wings and fries, but the side of kale salad (surprisingly ok for skeptics, it's got a tasty dressing) reminds everyone that your arteries will thank you for switching things up to the veggie side. Thumbs up, I can't believe it took me this long to write a review.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 11, 2012

Pros: always introducing new items, cleanly delicious, quick

Cons: need more locations everywhere!

Solid - Edit

We'd been to other Veggie Grill locations before, but this was our first time at Long Beach, and there were no surprises. The same tasty meals with welcome options such as substituting kale for bread, etc., and fast, friendly service, with moderate portions for moderate prices.

We would love it more if they used organic ingredients and made a commitment to avoiding GMOs. As it is, at least it's vegan.

One nice thing about this location is the ample indoor and outdoor seating, and of course free parking.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Not organic

♥ this place! :) - Edit

We are on holiday here and found this place last night in search of vegan food. And I am so glad we did! Finally a place where one can go and eat everything from the menu! Soups, starters, burgers, sides, salads, desserts...all vegan! :) My only problem was that the burger tasted so much like meat, that I felt bad I was eating it. I loved the mac-n-cheese! I hope they'll open up restaurants in Europe too!

Pros: All vegan, Clean, Fast

mind blown - Edit

went with three other friends and everything we ordered was delicious. if youre not into mock meats there are lots of nice salads and other options but if you dont mind them, the buffalo wings are amazing. would be a good place to bring friends who aren't vegetarian or vegan.

Pros: wide selection, cheap, service

Excellent - Edit

I went here for the first time today, and I loved it. The service was great, the atmosphere was nice, and most importantly, the food was delicious. I ordered the Papa's Portabello mushroom burger with the side of chili, and I absolutely devoured it. I will definitely be returning.

Pros: Excellent food, Nice Atmosphere, Great Service

Well... - Edit

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It is the first vegetarian/vegan restaurant that I have ever been to, and I've been a vegetarian for quite some time. There is a nice, friendly, chill vibe about the place and the staff is amazingly nice. The food is great--I especially love their chili! And it comes as a side dish with their sandwiches and burgers (BAZINGA!). It's a nice size for its location and provides both booth and table seating; you seat yourself, so if you have a particularity about where to sit, it's first come fists serve. There's also outside seating which is nice for when the weather isn't acting bi-polar. The food is decently priced and you will be happy for what you've paid for. I feel this place would make a great 'date-night' spot, but it can get a bit crowded at times as its recognition and popularity is on the rise.

Pros: food, price, atmosphere

Cons: can get crowded, seating

Awesome Food ! - Edit

This place is a God-Send.

Their food is fresh, creative, and very, very yummy.
Their Burgers are especially good, but so are their Sweet Potato Fries. Even their prices are reasonable. My new favorite. You need to try them, they deserve it !

Pros: tasty, fresh, creative

Cons: none

My new favorite place!!! Thanks Happy Cow! - Edit

Where has this place been all my life! People are starting to wise up and are sick of the crap big corporations are feeding us. Tumor food! So now, finally a solution. This place really impressed me. The decor the extremely friendly service, and quite frankly the food was awesome. All Hail Kale salad with huge carmelized walnuts for the wifey and the blackened chickin (tempeh) with papaya salsa and quinoa, which was done perfectly and another dressing on a side kale salad. Awesome drink station with three iced teas, organic, and lightly sweetened lemonade and strawberry lemonade. The service was so fast and friendly. Only $24 for everything. Next to trader joes, outdoor seating even. Love it! This is the better part of Long Beach.

Veggie Grill, im hooked! The manager was even nice when my wife dropped her to-go drink on the floor. Cleaned up in 10 secs. Class act all the way!

Pros: Food, Decor, Service

Cons: Nada

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - Long Beach closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5476 times since Jul 2012.