The Veggie Grill

• Vegan
Contact 818-788-2621

16542 Ventura Blvd (at Hayvenhurst Ave), Encino, California, USA, 91436

An all-vegan cafe chain with a casual, modern feel and a bright decor. This location opened April 2013. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Order and pay at counter and staff brings to your table. Parking is located behind the building on Rubio Ave in a paid parking lot, which, at busy times, is valet; first hour is free with validation. Street parking is very limited.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by SLC

Consistent - Edit

Finally made it to this VG location. It's just like all the others. The chain is very consistent with its décor, menu and staff. I was with a group of friends, so it was easy for each of us to order separately, but the food arrives very quickly. I decided to order off the new summer menu with Thai tacos and butternut bisque. Both good, but the bisque wasn't very thick. Everyone ordered something different and was pleased. I tend to prefer their burgers with fries, but there's plenty to choose from. So glad that they have expanded.

Pros: all vegan, casual and fast

Kidsmakeadifference.org - Edit

Service was amazing at this one too. Amy the cashier gave fantastic service today. I got the chill wings again just to be safe since I am not a fan of the food. I tried something new herb roasted veggies and my 5yr old approved. 50% of proceeds are going to kidsmakeadifference.org so worth the drive. Andy Mars runs the program and it's great. I got a chocolate chip/walnut cookie and it was yum. Any Mars has been a vegan over 30yrs.

VG LOVE! - Edit

This was my very first stop when I arrived in CA last weekend.

I ordered the Buffalo Wings, Cauli-Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, a 1/2 All Hail Kale Salad, and the Chargrilled Street Corn without the parmesan.

Buffalo Wings were amazing, as always. Love their spicy buffalo sauce!

The Cauli-Mashed Potatoes & Gravy is one of my go-to dishes. So yum! I actually wanted a side of steaming kale but was put down for a 1/2 All Hail Kale as part of a Pick a Pair deal instead. This was fine with me, but I do prefer the ginger-miso dressing that comes with the steaming kale over whatever dressing is served with the All Hail Kale.

Chargrilled Street Corn. I missed it last year when they debuted this summer treat, so I was elated to try it and it was everything I dreamt it would be. The corn was so fresh, and it was seasoned to perfection. This is definitely an addition to my go-to items from now on (when it's in season).

The one waitress we had, who brought out our food, could use an attitude adjustment. Aside from her, everyone else (the cashier, the male waiter or manager- not sure which he was) was great.

Parking can be a little tricky here. They'll validate up to an hour of parking, but the parking lot fills quickly. Luckily, I found street/ metered parking across the street.

I'll definitely return to this location!

Great food (though small portion for the price) - Edit

We really liked the posole, but the portion was quite small. The bowl itself was small enough, but they only filled it about 60% (whereas the posters show bowls completely filled). It was our first time here, so we don't know if they're always skimpy by design or if we just got unlucky this time with a kitchen hand who wasn't paying attention, but either way, they could use better attention to portions.

Other than that, everything was quite good. The sweetheart (sweet potato) fries were tasty and with great texture. The grilled cookie was nice, too.

Pros: Delicious food, All vegan

Cons: skimpy soup portions

Fantastic - Edit

We were very happy to have been there. The service was super friendly and helpful. I had the All Hail Kale Salad, which is heavenly. The grilled tempeh is atop the nice plate of kale salad. The dressing is a ginger/papaya, which is amazing. My son had the vegan mac/cheese, which is amazing too. I only wish they were on the east coast too.

Pros: great value, nice portions, friendly service

Cons: nothing negative to report

A GREAT Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Well, I've eaten at the Hollywood location 3 times and once at the Encino location and I have yet to have a bad meal. I highly recommend the 'Hail Kale' if you want a salad and both the Grillin Chickin & Sante Fe Chickin were very good. and, if you do go, you surely have to get their Sweet Potato Fries which were the best I've had!

Pros: Delicious Tasting Food!

Cons: Pricey, Need to add a Pasta Entre to menu

Love veggie grill - Edit

I have a hard time coming up with anything bad. This place is amazing and it attracks a very different crowd than your usual vegan joint which I love. This one also has a nice patio. The employees were outstanding and so friendly it was a joy!!! The food was delicious. I particularly appreciate the option to order burgers etc kale style and skip the bun in favor of mor veggies.

Pros: food, prices, parking validation

Cons: highly processed food

Return to Encino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1809 times since Apr 2013.