The Veggie Grill - El Segundo

Contact 310-535-0025

720 Allied Way (at by Whole Foods Market), El Segundo, California, USA, 90245

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. This is their 3rd location. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by vegandiver

Vegan Chain Fast Food - Edit

I like pretty much everything on the menu here except the soups. There isn't anything super amazing that makes me come back here except for convenience. It's perfect for a quick bite to eat on the go. It's the only place I would call a "vegan fast food chain". I feel like the prices are a little high for the amount of food you get.

I almost forgot... make sure you grab yourself a cookie.

Pros: vegan, fast

Cons: price

Good to go to if you're near LAX - Edit

We stopped here right after we landed at LAX because we were starving and we knew it was pretty close and a well-known place, so the food couldn't be too bad.

I got the Masala Bowl with tofu and Sweetheart Fries: The bowl was pretty good. I'm not the biggest quinoa fan so I probably would've liked it a lot better if I liked quinoa more, but the flavoring was really good. The bread that comes with it is also really good. The fries were ok; I've had better, I've had worse.

My dad got the VG Beyond Burger and Beef Barley Soup: He really liked the soup. The burger was pretty good but similar to my fries, he's had better, he's had worse.

My mom got the Grillin Chicken' sandwich on a wrap: She liked it. She's an omnivore so she's a tough critic with mock meats but she said it did a pretty good job at imitation chicken.

Overall it was pretty good. It's definitely more of a fast-food type place so you can't really expect a gourmet meal. The service was a bit slower than I expected which was my main critique. I saw our meals sitting on the counter for at least 10 minutes before the waitress brought them to our table so the food was not as hot as it should have been.

Pros: Tasty, Good value, Counter service

Cons: Slow service

You must eat here when you're around LAX! - Edit

I was recently in town for the National Animal Rights Conference which was held at an LAX area hotel, and ate not one but two dinners at The Veggie Grill - El Segundo. One dinner was with longtime vegan friends at PETA; the other was with omnivore friends who were not part of the conference. The yummy Veggie Grill food and convenience of the El Segundo location in relation to LAX made these dinners a great experience for everyone!

One day I had Banh Mi Salad from the standard menu, and the other day I had Thai Tacos from the summer menu. Both dishes were totally delicious!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Convenient to LAX

A Must-Visit Spot - Edit

I live in Arizona and we don't have Veggie Grill. Every time I visit California I must find the closest Veggie Grill and get their Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. The food here is delicous Vegan delights and the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Gravy are pure comfort food.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Comfort Classics , New options often

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

WE NEED A VEGGIE GRILL IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!!!!!!
COME ON PLEASE :D :D :D

Veggie Grill makes amazing food.
First time I went was in April of 2014 after my sister and I took our first trip to Farm Sanctuary in So Cal. This place is amazing.
The prices have gone up recently without any modification to the actual items BUT the menu gets updated while keeping the classics and that's fantastic. The prices are still better than anything you find in Vegas. GO HERE IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE! :)

Pros: Affordable for the most part!, SO MANY OPTIONS , ALL VEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Cons: It's too far from Vegas LOL

Veggie Grill is great! - Edit

As a new vegan, this restaurant is one of my favorites, since it's filled with familiar choices, like burgers, than have been veganized : ) The meat substitutes have a nice flavor & texture, and have a chargrilled taste that left my meat-eating husband saying he liked the dish, and would have it again! Another plus, everything offered here is 100% vegan, even the wonderful desserts, so no rooting through the menu for eggs or dairy, or the need to modify what I order!

Pros: Tasty Vegan Comfort Food, Amazing Desserts, Outstanding Meat Substitutes

Great food - Edit

I've been to the original location in Irvine, also, but this one was new since the last time I was in LA. Amazing food, decent prices, good service. So many options, so little time.

Pros: All vegan, Fast service, Fair prices

Cons: Too little time to try them all

awesome comfort food - Edit

too good to be true, i just love love love their cheese burger + sweetheart fries! and their buffalo wings as well!

Pros: awesome vegan comfort food, friendly staff, affordable

Vegan lunch hot spot - Edit

This all vegan restaurant serves a mix of sandwiches, burgers and salads, all delicious. My go to is the cajun burger, and the sweet potato fries are a must.

Pros: All vegan, Fast, Delicious

Cons: Crowded at lunch

Tasty Vegan Fast Food - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened and have eaten here many times. Here's my The Veggie Grill review.

The food here is always consistent, and that's impressive. It's basically vegan fast food that tastes great and is colorfully presented. The space is very comfortable and modern. Surprising most of their customers are meat eaters who like this food.

I've had most items on the menu, and my favorite is the santa fe chickn sandwich (fried chickn fillet). I also like the chix caesar wrap, bali bliss burger, their veggie burger, sweet potato fries, and the agave sweetened lemonade. But everything is tasty.

The bali bliss burger is their door-buster, at only around $7 or so. Add a couple dollars and you can sub for a side of fries. Yum.

vegan carne asada! - Edit

I flew into LA, and asked a friend to meet for dinner. They asked where, and I basically said somewhere not far from the airport and not to far for him, and somewhere veg friendly. He found this place just a few minutes from both.

Knowing nothing about the place, I had to ask the person taking the orders about vegan options, and he politely said, "Everything is plant based." Carna asada sandwiches with vegan mayo were ordered all around. The food came out quickly, and wow, surpassed all expectations. We joked about how this is what I would expect from LA. Find a place 10 minutes away that was both vegan and amazing, just like that. The sweet potato fries were also very good. The food was definitely fast food like, but the quality was so much better. Of course the price did reflect this a bit. Something to consider though, I didn't eat anywhere else in LA, so the prices might be perfectly reasonable.

The staff didn't even rush us out as we caught up, even though it was clear that they were closing and getting ready to leave.

Pros: location, friendly staff, tasty beer

Cons: far away, hard to go back to

Delicious - Edit

Okay, so it's more like fast food with the fries and burgers and all - BUT it's the tastiest fast food we've ever had! After hearing about it from Happy Cow, my friend and I just got in our car and went. They had just opened, and the young wait staff were so friendly and eager to help.

You can actually order more healthy stuff from the menu as well. It's a concise menu, with enough variety to keep everything interesting.

We had some really yummy chicken pieces with BBQ sauce, the Sante Fe chicken sandwich, sweet potato fries, and lemondade.

Pros: tasty, friendly, cool space

Cons: can get too decadent

Delicious! - Edit

My boyfriend (carnivore) and I (vegan) went here for lunch before going to LAX. We were both pleasantly surprised at how AWESOME the food was. I ordered mac and cheese (first time I have been able to eat this dish since becoming vegan) and a cup of the gumbo, which was the soup of the day. My boyfriend, who is very suspicious of fake meat, ordered the buffalo wings and he loved them!

I even got a vegan chocolate chip cookie (something I had never tried before) to eat later at the airport and it was wonderful! Overall, a great pick for vegans and carnivores alike!

Pros: great food, wonderful choice for all diets, friendly service

Y-U-M - Edit

This place is absolutely divine! I dragged my dad along and he was, at first, not too thrilled about the idea of eating "fake food," but after just a few bites he told me he thought he had found a new favorite restaurant! He's completely non-veg, but he tells all his friends The Veggie Grill has the best burger in town. And he's right! All of their food is so yummy it should be illegal.
This place convert just about anyone.

Pros: tons of variety, friendly environment, healthy!!!

Veggie Grill!!! - Edit

Veggie Grill never disappoints! Even if you're not vegan, everyone loves it! So I ordered the V-Burger which consists of a marinated veggie steak burger with pickles, lettuce, tomato, and their fantastic chipotle ranch dressing. My burger was so juicy that it was actually dripping onto my plate...so long dry veggie burgers!!! The chipotle ranch dressing was to die for as well, it was pretty hard for me resist ordering extra (to keep calories down). My friend ordered a chicken burger and was awestruck by it as well. I (and my non-vegan friend) highly recommend VG!!!!

Return to El Segundo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - El Segundo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.