The Veggie Grill - Beaverton

Contact 503-350-2369

3435 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, 97005

Casual all-vegan cafe originating from southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Jett Setter

Nice fast casual vegan - Edit

If you've been to a Native Foods, this is a very similar (and great) experience. Veggie Grille is a fast-casual restaurant with a wide range of vegan bowls, sandwiches, and burgers. They also have a nice assortment of drinks.

We ordered the Santa Fe crispy chickin', mac n' cheese, and Koreatown tacos. Everything was fresh and delicious. We also enjoyed the strawberry lemonade, which had little strawberry chunks.

Pros: Variety, Great flavors

Our Favorite - Edit

Veggie Grill has by far become my families favorite place to eat. The staff is great, the food is amazing, the wait is never long and the meal changes with the season. My favorite is the Santa Fe Crispy Chikin, but so far I have not been disappointed with anything on the menu.
They also offer a rewards program so you can earn free food. The only thing I am sad about is they took away the daily soup... the chickin noodle was awesome, so I miss that, but I understand that they stopped due to wasting so much food (not bought by end of day and soup changed daily) so they did the right thing by stopping, but I still miss my soup! :)

Pros: Yummy!, Great Service, Atmosphere

Cons: Location (I hate being by a McDs), Hours- I wish they were open early/later

Great for vegans and non-vegans - Edit

We've been staying close to here, so we've been about a dozen times now. Very little on the menu is what I'd call "healthy", but sometimes healthy isn't what I want. The flavors are great. The portions about right for not wanting leftovers. If you get takeout, triple check that you got everything. Three times we haven't; although Veggie Grill has fixed this each time (except one when we just couldn't get back there), but it's annoying to have to go there and back again because of missing items. Their buffalo strips taste just like you'd expect them to. Their carrot cake is the best vegan carrot cake I've ever had in a restaurant. I've enjoyed everything I've eaten here.

This is a place you could definitely take non-vegan friends. The menu is extensive enough that everyone ought to be happy...

Pros: Good location, Consistent 100% vegan food, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey for the quantity of food, Double check accuracy of order

Too fast foodie for me - Edit

First commercial vegan I have been too. They don't consider themselves vegan. It's plant-based fast food. Uneducated staff. Too much sodium as expected. McDonald's without the meat. We went here a few times but decided not to return.

Pros: Plant Based compassionate, Serves tofu

Cons: Junkie

Nice but crowded - Edit

This Veggie Grill is a good vegan restaurant, but it come third when compared with its sister Veggie Grills in Portland and Hillsboro (now closed). The main difference is the Beaverton branch is small and crowded. The food, however, remains healthy and adequately tasty.

Pros: Variety of dishes

Cons: Crowded

Good Fast Food - Edit

I was working a LONG shift at work. A co-worker and I were driving to Wilsonville. He pulled into Veggie Grill. I was surprised at how GOOD the food was. And it came quickly. I read the reviews on here, and understand that some may not like the 'fast food' image, but hey, some people DO like that image. Fast Food is a successful phenomena, and the Veggie Grill is smart by cashing in on two important things: GOOD, HELTHY FOOD and A PROVEN TECHNIQUE.

Pros: Vegetarian, Clean, Fast

also good for omnis - Edit

I go here with my omni family when I'm home for a visit and they love it too. Tasty, plant based, fast food-esque but a bit healthier. Still kind of burger jointish, but the healthy options make me and my fam happy.

Pros: tasty, moderate, family friendly

Cons: chain, strip mall

Consistently good but watch the fat and sodium - Edit

Everything here is plant-based, but with a lot of fake meats. There are plenty of other options like quinoa and tempeh, so you don't have to get the fake meats if you don't want. I highly recommend checking out their nutritional information online (which is quite extensive) because some items are extremely high in fat and sodium.

Pros: quick, good prices, large salads

Cons: many items high fat, many items low sodium, heavy use of fake meats

never disappointed - Edit

I love this chain! Always a winning decision. I even hear that there may be some new items on the menu soon. I just wish that they would open a location on the east coast (think DC/Baltimore...if you're listening VG).

Pros: good prices, tasty food

something for everyone! - Edit

Don't be fooled - just because its vegan doesn't make it healthy - oh sure there are healthy items like the all hail Kale salad but the buffalo wings rock! Great selection of ice teas. Beer &wine too!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 17, 2013

Pros: food, food, food

Cons: Mac & chz :(, not really healthy

Good place for meat eaters - Edit

I'm really not a big fan of soy "mock meats", but I'm not going to reduce stars just due to my preferences. It is good for what it is. The "chicken" is very realistic. It's a good place to have in town, and to prove to meat eaters that eating animals isn't necessary.

Great Lunch - Edit

Went for the first time last week and what a great experience! Right after walking in, an employee was offering samples of their vegetarian chicken wings, explaining that everything from the menu was plant based. Since I always do my "research" before leaving for a restaurant, I already knew that fact, but many other first comers don't.
I found that all the employees were very friendly and helpful and seemed to actually enjoy answering questions. When you walk in, you go to the register, order, pay, then given a number to place on the table you pick out yourself. Warning: lunchtime is very busy and it can be a challenge to find a table, although the turnover is pretty quick. I did notice there is an outside eating area through the back door, which would be very nice in good weather.
My husband had the Hail Kale salad with blackened "chicken" and was very pleased with it. Not only did it taste good, it was very fresh and he was delighted with the salad dressing.
I ordered the Baja Fiesta salad with blackened tempeh and it was wonderful. the salad dsg was just wonderful and light. Portions are large, atomosphere very clean. Would definitely recommend this to others, in fact, my husband already has!!

Pros: many choices on menu, good sized portions, friendly staff

Cons: didn't care for the music

Awesome - Edit

When we went to this restaurant, we knew nothing about it. We thought it was vegetarian, but it's completely vegan. It ROCKS. I love both the cheeseburger and the chicken burgers. I tried the hot wings and the carne asada sandwiches and they taste EXACTLY like I remember them. They now have dinners and they ALSO taste really good.
I would tell EVERYONE to give this a try! We are moving to Phoenix and I wish they had one there, but they should have one in the next 2 or 3 years. The question is. can I wait that long?? *grin*

Pros: Great food, Excellent service, Friendly!

Cons: not enought Dinner choices!!

"Meat Eaters" would love it too! - Edit

Took my wife here for Valentines Day. Loved it! Seating was hard to find (says something about the business!). Everything was very good. The chili could be a bit more spicy, more like lightly baked beans.

I would defy any of my non-vegetarian/vegan friends to tell the difference between the buffalo wings served there or any bar they choose. EXCELLENT!!!

Price was more than your average lunch, but you kind of get used to that when you are looking for a good vegetarian/vegan restaurant. This was worth the price.

Inside was very retro looking (60's mod-like, but not overwhelming). Seating was by booths (good luck getting one) or very small, mostly seting for 2, tables. Once seated though, get ready for some good eats.

Parking is in a mall area, so not too bad.

Overall - YES I would recommend this to my friends. Very good quality and value. First time there, but certainly not the last.

Pros: Food quality, Service, Value

Cons: Available seating

Return to Beaverton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill - Beaverton closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2617 times since Jan 2012.