The Veggie Cafe

Contact 01943600245

32 Leeds Rd, Ilkley, England, LS29 7HA

Small vegetarian cafe est. early-2015. Menu changes seasonally and has a specials board. Gets busy at mealtime so book ahead. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sat 9:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Bakery, British

First Review by Braidy

Cheerful on a rainy day - Edit

It's been a while since I've been and this latest visit was a lovely surprise. The cafe has had a face lift/refurb/extension since then and it still has that lovely welcoming feel.
Food was excellent as before (really recommend the cauliflower fritters) and service was still as friendly and helpful despite the weather.
Will not leave it as long for the next visit!

Pros: Great value , Friendly staff, Lovely energy

Lovely Vegetarian Cafe With Plenty Vegan Options - Edit

The Veggie is in the centre of Ilkley and since my last visit, has had a major makeover, is bigger and better and has great kerb appeal. Inside it is modern, but has a welcoming warm feel and on an overcast Wednesday lunchtime was so busy, we just managed to get the last table.

There is a large menu on offer, a special boards, which included two soups and so many vegan options, it was difficult to choose. I decided on a houmous, avocado and carrot wrap, a side of potato wedges and Earl Grey tea. The waitress was really friendly and when I enquired if their wraps were soya free, she was happy to find out.

The potato wedges were worth the trip on their own, proper wedges, perfectly cooked, sprinkled with sea salt and piping hot. The wrap was delicious, with great presentation on the plate, lovely fresh salad and a small dish with olives, sunblush tomato, caperberry and paprika sprinkled houmous.

The Veggie serves quality fresh produce, used with creativity and flair and every time a dish came out the kitchen to one of the other tables, I was licking my lips. The portobello mushroom burger, with optional vegan cheese, looked like a cracking dish and will be my choice next visit and on the way out, I spotted their vegan chocolate cake!!

Pros: Vegan Options, Delicious Food, Very friendly and Inviting

Cons: Can get very busy which is actually a good sign

Then We Shall All Have Eaten... Pizza - Edit

I loved this café. The staff are cheerful and efficient. The dining area is upmarket-looking with wi-fi and magazines to read, and there's a big bright bathroom with a baby change area and everything (though it's in the upstairs part, so not wheelchair accessible). I had vegan hot chocolate and delicious pizza with vegan cheese! The mushroom burger very nice except the bun, which was like a panini and not to my taste. The only vegan cake was chocolate tiffin but I enjoyed it. Will call again if I am in the area.

Pros: Very good food, nice staff

Cons: Partially literate website

Return to Ilkley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 358 times since Nov 2015.