The Vegetarian Kitchen

62 B Mother Ignacia Avenue Diliman, Quezon City (at Crossroads 77), Metro Manila, Philippines, 1701

Serves a variety of famous Filipino vegetarian dishes with vegan options. Average dish costs Php 190($4-$6) and up. Located in front of St Mary's College. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm. Closed Sun-Mon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Catering, Filipino

First Review by Tiggy

Gor for it! - Edit

I really liked The Vegetarian Kitchen. It was quaint with bright decor and attentive waitstaff. I went with one other person and we were greeted as we entered with the door being held open for us. This place did focus more on mock meats than it did on actual vegetables but the dishes were well-seasoned and the presentation was nice. I don't remember the names of the main dishes we tried but mine was Indian inspired with potatoes, mock meat, & other veggies...it was pretty spot on for flavor. We tried the veggie lumpia which was deep fried although not dripping with oil like some places and it came with a thick peanut sauce that was pretty tasty. We also had the spinach and cream bites, also fried, which were also pretty good. We ended with the apple cheesecake and it was perfect because the actual cheesecake wasn't too sweet which is where a lot of people go wrong. I always eat plenty of veggies, raw and otherwise at home, so I don't mind mock meats or fried foods so much when I'm out. I would definitely return.

Pros: Flavorful Food, Bright Quiet Decor, Attentive Waitstaff

Cons: Emphasis on Mock Meats, Not good for a large party

Good but not great - Edit

I walked past this place several times over the Christmas/New Year period 2012/13 before finally finding it open and getting the chance to go on my last day in Quezon City. The roller door had been concealing a courtyard at the front, which was cute, but my partner and I sat inside where it was cooler. The menu seemed interesting enough, with a few vegan options clearly marked (except I had to query a supposedly vegan meal with buttered rice: turned out they could make it vegan) and Filipino dishes. The kitchen and counter are a fair distance from the tables, so I had to get up and walk over to the counter and wait for somebody to come out of the kitchen (which could be a while)or call out before I could ask for something. There's an interesting array of fruity cold and hot drinks and organic coffee. The food was all right, but really just what I'd expect from mock meat: I ordered the "Korean spare ribs". Our drinks were refreshing and afterwards I had to order the carrot cake with "butter" sauce (the only dessert at the time). Very nice but so much sweet sauce I didn't know what to do with it. I'd certainly go back to sample more menu items but alas it was my last day there.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Vegan desserts

Cons: Small space and layout not ideal, Mock meaty

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Vegetarian Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1875 times since May 2012.