The Vegan Joint - Palms

• Friend
Contact 310-559-1357

10438 National Blvd (at Palms area), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90034

Flagship location of this casual neighborhood vegan cafe, est. since 2007. Features an extensive menu of Thai favorites as well casual American classics. Find dishes like breakfast pancakes and omlettes; lunch/dinner items like Thai curries, noodles, rice plates with seitan or soy meat; plus casual fare like nachos and lentil burger with fries. For dessert there are cakes and cookies. Park on street in front or around the side. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by think4leafclover

Yummy and Fast - Edit

I've eaten at The Vegan Joint countless times over the years since it first opened its doors, and I like the improvements I've seen over the years, including the interior/exterior upgrades and the quality of the food and taste. Was just here again in January 2017 and had a super yummy meal - yet again - just the way I like. Here's my Vegan Joint review update.

The service is always friendly and fast. The owner, Hnoi, is warm and gregarious. She likes to chat with her guests.

Dishes I especially like: spicy noodle soup (highly addictive), tofu scramble burger (ask for it, it's gone off-menu), red curry, mushroom soup, Chinese soup, batter-fried veg chicken sandwich, tofu scramble with hash browns, the spring rolls, pancakes, and the vegan cakes!

The vibe is relaxed and easy. The prices are fair. I'm a happy customer.

Pros: fast, tasty, fair prices

Cons: street parking only

Disappointed - Edit

After reading the glowing reviews, I expected that the food would be very tasty. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for the dish I ordered -- the spicy eggplant with soy chicken. It was bland and didn't taste fresh. A friend had the taco dish, which was also bland. Another had a side order of seitan, which was too salty. Overall, not a good experience. I doubt that I'd go back a second time.

MUST for chicken and pancakes - Edit

There are not enough words to describe how amazing the chickin' is here. The batter is light, airy, and crispy making it the perfect combination. My second go about to this restaurant I ordered some spring rolls as an appetizer and they were so fresh— highly recommend this place!

Good Place - Edit

Awesome food in a all vegan restaurant. Everything I ordered was really good and I always ordered something new each time. I was usually there after the lunch but the food was fresh and promptly served. The Hostess was nice and not pushy about time. I also enjoyed the fresh juiced drinks. Both the red and the green are very good and give you energy. Sorry I don't remember the names of the drinks, but they are in the refrigerate.

Pros: Good food , clean area, good variety on the menu.

Cons: Kinda of far away. Wouldn't go for a pick up unles

The Joint for HappyCow Regulars - Edit

We've been coming here for many years and love Hnoi and the Vegan Joint. Since they remodeled and expanded, it's also been a great place to hold meetups, and meet with larger groups. The food has always been decent, and the prices very reasonable. In fact, I don't believe they've raised their prices in many years, and the current menu prices are still lower than nearly all the other Thai places. I usually order a lentil or black bean burger (only $5.95 and comes with a choice of regular or sweet potato fries), though their Thai dishes are also alright. Food isn't gourmet, nor will it likely blow you away, but it's consistently good, and the vibe is great. They bring in desserts from No Udder and a bunch of others, so your sweet tooth will always be taken care of as well. For what it's made to be, this place is awesome in my view.
It's also a very convenient location, just a minute off the 10 freeway at Overland.

Pros: Great vibe, Reasonable prices, Location

Not what we expected - Edit

We ordered our food and first of all I have to say the ordering page is very nice. But it did take really long until the food finally came. For us, the food was too sweet and tasted not much like anything else. It is really great that they deliver but the food was just not for us.

4+ happy cows! - Edit

Really, really, really good. Fast, comfy, tasty. Spring rolls, potato salad, curry, dumplings. Yum. Definitely 4+, 5-. Only complaint, and a minor one is spring rolls were pre-made... I think I'm getting spoiled.

delicious! - Edit

The place is small and simple with a little unique flare. Super delicious food, and so much to choose from! Huge proportions, reasonable prices...I will definitely be back.

Try the Tropical Pancakes - Edit

This is a great place for a Sunday brunch. The tropical pancakes are awesome. A quaint casual atmosphere of Asian-Americano diner. The menu is EXTENSIVE! The food is a mixture of Asian curries and noodles and American burgers and sandwiches. I've tried their omelettes twice now and think they should melt their cheese but other than that I'm anxious to get back and try their curries!

Pros: Huge Menu, Pancakes, Clean

Cons: Omelettes

Great food, Super Service! - Edit

I had a Seiten-menu with rice and vegetables, to it a herbal green tea. It has been my first time that i tried Seiten and i have to admit that it was very delicious! The menu came very quickly and the waitress was so endless kind and courteous! I really want to recommend this eatery.

not what i expected. - Edit

We went here for dinner and I was in the mood for Asian food! We got the crispy spring rolls & orange fried tofu. The orange tofu was more like tofu smothered in syrup, which I know they use for pancakes but it didn't taste very orangey at all. The spring rolls were great! I got a spicy noodle soup I asked to be spicier like a 10 and the waitress said, "It already is spicey, but I'll bring you some spice on the side." That didn't come out nearly til I asked for a box to go. The Thai tea with boba was good, kinda pricey though. The black bean burger was mushy and bland. I would never order the american food again. It was plain, 1$ extra for a slice of tofutti cheese that wasn't melted or anything. I would advise this place to someone in the mood for Asian cuisine! (Unless you want orange faux meat.)

Pros: all vegan, lots of seating, large menu

Cons: no parking

The Vegan Joint -Culver City - Edit

The food is pretty "American" its a vegan version of Dennys' Diner. The prices are good. If you miss Diner food this is the place to go. The restaurant is soy dependent, almost everything down to the faux cheese and vegan mayo is soy. There are a lot of themes going on in the business that can be a bit much. Christmas + Buddha+ other pagan shrines.

Pros: cheap, simple recipes

Cons: parking

Nice - Edit

Many, many options. My burger was excellent. However, I didn't care for the red velvet cake. It was a bit dry. The fried tofu appetizer was good and I could've used more seasoning/marinating.

Pros: good variety

good food - Edit

We had chicken nuggets, potato fries, and fish sandwich and left satisfied with the quality of food and service. Everything was served fast and fresh. French fries were perfect, nuggets yummy, and fish sandwich was tasty. Our waiter was friendly and attentive We'll go again when in the area.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, big portions

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Vegan Joint - Palms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20512 times.