American
Fast food
Delivery
Take-out
Catering

This branch opened in downtown Los Angeles in 2015, and offers the same, extensive menu of vegan Thai favorites along with casual American fare: pancakes, burritos, Thai noodles and curries, wraps and burgers. For dessert there are cakes and cookies. Small and casual, park on street in front. Relocated from 707 E 10 St. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-4:30pm.

Venue map for The Vegan Joint - DTLA
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Ryan MTB

Banangela97

Points +2336

05 Feb 2024

All vegan, healthy options avail

I was the only one in today so yay for fast service, but the Pad Thai came with 4 or 5 mini cubes of tofu and the sauce was too thick & sweet. It's also not low-priced as some reviews say. The server is nice and the bean sprouts were fresh! I'd come back and try other things. I like that they have variety and offer things like smoothies, wraps, pancakes, etc.

divyaj

Points +514

20 Dec 2023

Incredibly Low-priced

Got an amazing mushroom soup, rich and tangy, full of herbs for less than $10. It was a pretty large portion as well. The Garlic Chicken Wrap was great, chock full of veggies and the Lentil Quesadilla was pretty good too.

They were even able to get me some hot jasmine tea for a cold winter day

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-18

kasiamal

Points +125

31 Aug 2023

Great and cheap food

Diverse menu with options that come from various cuisines

Pros: Various cuisines

joethebutcher

Points +33

Owner
08 Jul 2023

A Healthy Place to Eat!

Cheap, quick, and casual. Small place but, convienant and by my work. Order ahead and it's there waiting for me. Tasy and healthy!

Pros: Lots of food options, Small and casual, Cheap and parking ok

Cons: Sometimes traffic busy

Crisjane

Points +54

03 Jun 2023

Delicious!

I have liked everything I’ve tried here. The food is tasty and affordable. The menu’s big. I would recommend the fried rice. It’s sweet and not like other fried rice I’ve tried anywhere else.

RonDeutsch

Points +46

03 Apr 2023

great little place

love many of their products. when i go i take home 4 or 5 things for the rest of the week.
i think they are only open till 3:30 inside and 4 for pick up.

Trutay

Points +39

12 Aug 2022

This place is hidden gem!!

This place located dtla, small family business, cashier lady very nice

ErliThor

Points +84

15 Jul 2022

A lot of options!

Visited this place several times back in march 2019. Was amazed by all the dishes available and still being true to serving vegan, non-GMO and organic dishes.

Especially happy they served tasty breakfasts.
Would definitely visit again if the opportunity arrives!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Tasty dishes, Vegan, non-GMO and organic comfort food

Cons: Noisy atmosphere

RachelMcCombie

Points +62

13 May 2022

Delightful find

The selection of food was vast and it does what it says on the tin, delicious simple and reasonably priced in comparison to the rest of LA, service was divine lovely small family run business. Great for a quick bite.

Pros: All vegan , Fast and lovely service , Great selection

Cons: No Apple Pay - not a con just a heads up

UgniusBružinskas

19 Mar 2022

best vegan food I had in LA so far. Proper hidden gem!

Very nice, delicious food. Was nice to eat something healthy and delicious at the same time. Definitely worth making a trip, no problems with parking.

Pros: big menu, delicious , friendly

jflower5

Points +90

14 Mar 2022

Hidden gem

Found this place will doing some shopping , a lot of options on their menu and you can’t go wrong, but my favorite is the garlic chicken sandwich with some sweet potato fries.

Izanowak

Points +542

02 Feb 2022

Salad was really not great

I ordered a chef salad with seitan and Italian dressing and it was terrible. I struggled while eating this because it was that bad. I usually don’t order salads, but I do enjoy them and this was just gross.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Didn’t taste good

IndigoHsu

Points +178

24 Sep 2021

Good vegan food

A restaurant is near to where I used to live in LA, nice area, easy to get, food is good and fast!

J.P.

Points +512

10 Jun 2021

Yes Yes Yes!!!

Incredible Food! I absolutely loved my Hot Drum Sticks were so good. Perfectly matched hot n sweet glaze. Thank You!

VeronicaJuanitaVill

30 May 2021

Yummy

Food is good.

CodyDMarshall

Points +118

26 Apr 2021

SO FIRE

This place is affordable and very fast despite everything tasting sooo good

Updated from previous review on 2019-02-16

RobbieG

Points +275

11 Oct 2020

Wide variety of options!

I was a little sceptical when I saw, Thai food, Mexican food, burgers and pancakes all on the menu, but my chicken sandwich was on point!

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Closes early., Skid row adjacent.

graceb2

Points +16

11 Aug 2020

Fantastic

Soy chicken sate is amazing. Huge menu, lots of options. Loved it.

GraayDani

Points +28

15 Jun 2020

Never dissatisfied

Everything i’ve gotten here has been very delicious and the customer service is great. Very polite and friendly. I love the carrot cake.

Pros: Big portions, Alot of different options, Has a mini market like section

derfj

Points +64

23 Sep 2019

Tasty and big servings

A little further from DTLA then other options, but had tasty breakfast options. The process may seem a little inflated but the serving sizes seem pretty substantial.

Pros: Lots of options, Far service

Cons: Location, A little pricey

jarnunez

Points +30

30 Aug 2019

Food was okay

Location was nice inside, however the jackfruit burger was okay. For the price you can definitely get a better bbq jackfruit burger.

Cons: Price and portions size were okay at best

stuckonveggie

Points +198

02 May 2019

Yummy vegan breakfast!

This was my first stop for a vegan meal on my trip to L.A. and it did not disappoint. I loved the breakfast choices they offered! My mom and I both really enjoyed our food, and the staff is so kind. Highly recommend this spot!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Cool atmosphere

PlantChemistry

Points +183

15 Apr 2019

Good lunch place!

The menu and the food was really good and the price as well. Is located a bit further away from downtown but if you are nearby I could recommend a visit but maybe not worth travel a long way for. The food was very tasty and delicious and the portion size was very nice. But sitting inside it’s not very comfortable it could need an upgrade.

Pros: Lots of options , Good price, Nice staff

Cons: Far away, Not very cozy or comfortable

hazarussell

14 Apr 2019

Unreal food

Best vegan food in LA so far

Pros: Vegan chicken was so good

michelle_lynne14

Points +1176

10 Mar 2019

Very yummy

It's not in a great area and the inside is run down but dont let that stop you!!! Huge menu, very friendly staff and delicious food!!!!!! We came for breakfast and was anything but disappointed!

duckysmash

Points +61

19 Jan 2019

Tasty crowd pleaser

Ordered for delivery. Staying at a nearby hotel in downtown LA, delivery was easy, and the menu option were extremely diverse, which is great for even the pickiest eaters. I tried the yellow curry, tropical pancakes, and the vj fruit smoothie. All were delicious. The curry was packed with veggies and tofu, the pancakes jammed with delicious fruit, and the smoothie was very tropical and pretty thin, which landed it somewhere between juice and smoothie, which could have been a delivery thing, but it only took about ten minutes to get here, so I think that was just the consistency, which I enjoyed. With all the options, I’d definitely eat here again.

beltongirl

Points +455

27 Nov 2018

Amazing!!!!

100% plant based. Yellow curry, fried rice, breakfast burrito, 'chicken' tacos are all delicious options.

Always very friendly, great service