CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood

323-667-9560

4718 Fountain Ave Unit D (at Vermont Ave), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90027

The third Vegan Joint location, opened Nov 2012. Look for it on the 2nd floor of a corner shopping plaza (requires going up a set of stairs). Offers the same tasty fare including Thai favorites (curries and stir-frys with faux meat and veggies served with brown rice) as well casual American classics (pancakes and hashbrown, veggie burgers with fries). Small and simple set-up. Closed March 2017 due to fire.

Categories: Vegan, American, Thai, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Chia

very good. - Edit

Great service. Warm and friendly atmosphere. I had the chicken nachos. Very good. I would have liked maybe a cashew sauce on them. I had a sandwich and the garlic cilantro sauce was so yummy!! I'd definitely eat here again for that sauce alone.

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Jdclark08">Jdclark08</a> <br/>sandwich  <br/> January 3, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/207780'>Report</a>

sandwich

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Jdclark08">Jdclark08</a> <br/>&#34;chicken&#34; nachos  <br/> January 3, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/207778'>Report</a>

&#34;chicken&#34; nachos

Great Place - Edit

We really enjoy the food and service at the Vegan Joint. The pancakes are undoubtedly the best vegan pancakes that I have encountered. The texture and consistency is astounding. The tacos are also an excellent option. The service is always friendly and timely. I am a big fan of the Vegan Joint.

Pros: Pancakes, Several Locations, High Quality food

amazing place! - Edit

This place is upstairs for all those who dont pay attention to details like me me me.

Super sweet friendly service, kind of feels like I'm in Thailand in the most bizzarre way. Look seedy at first glance, but once inside feels clean and fresh. The food hands down, freeeekin great! You cant go wrong. I am adiccted to their spicey vegetable soup and im pretty sure it cured my cold as well!

Im only dissapointed that the downtown location closes at 5pm! Thats my only quarrel.

Pros: great service, great food option, everything tastes amazing

Cons: downtown LA closes too early and not open on Sunda

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Moon2chu">Moon2chu</a> <br/>terrace spot <br/> February 13, 2016  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/136192'>Report</a>

terrace spot

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Moon2chu">Moon2chu</a> <br/>menu with locations and numbers <br/> February 13, 2016  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/136191'>Report</a>

menu with locations and numbers

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Moon2chu">Moon2chu</a> <br/>cozy place! <br/> February 13, 2016  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/136190'>Report</a>

cozy place!

yummy - Edit

yummy lentil burger with hot fries today

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/eric">eric</a> <br/>lentil burger <br/> May 27, 2015  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/103602'>Report</a>

lentil burger

Good Asian dishes - Edit

We have ate there a couple of times as well as getting delivery. Their Thai and other Asian food is excellent, but we have found the American menu items in general to be just decent although Dirk really likes the chicken and waffles. Our other favorites are spicy mint noodles and pineapple curry. Their service is quick and friendly. I'm glad they have a location in Hollywood now as it's much more convenient.

Pros: good Asian dishes, delivery, friendly

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Sonja%20and%20Dirk">Sonja and Dirk</a> <br/>pumpkin curry <br/> May 2, 2014  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/69148'>Report</a>

pumpkin curry

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Sonja%20and%20Dirk">Sonja and Dirk</a> <br/>mint noodles with seitan <br/> May 2, 2014  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/69147'>Report</a>

mint noodles with seitan

Photo of CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood  by <a href="/members/profile/Sonja%20and%20Dirk">Sonja and Dirk</a> <br/>larb salad <br/> May 2, 2014  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/35252/69146'>Report</a>

larb salad

Amazing - Edit

I love this place, the atmosphere is quiet due to the low amount of people, I guess most people order out seeing from the delivery guys. It's a great place to eat with friends or family and there is a great variety of food; they serve great burgers, soups, wraps, curries (my favorite is the Red Thai curry - A MUST TRY). I live right near the place so it's especially convenient for me

Pros: Great food, Low noise, Kind hospitality

Cons: Some foods are a little too sweet, The wraps fall apart

Pretty good - Edit

I go to this restaurant kind of often since I constantly have appointments at the nearby Kaiser.

The food is pretty good. My mom loves the black bean burger and it's the ONLY vegan burger that she'll eat sine she hates soy and she's very picky.

She actually took a few of my non-veg family members to eat breakfast there when I had to go through surgery and they were waiting for me, and they all loved their food. One of my uncles that she took is actually attempting veganism now after years of him mocking me for not eating meat (and later other animal products) and the food definitely influenced him.

I love the breakfast burritos, they have a lot of flavor (be careful not to drop the tofu on you though since it leaves yellow stains), they have really good pastries for dessert (like the red velvet cake), and everything is affordable too.
My only problem with their foods is that the cheese that they use doesn't melt at all, I wish they'd use Daiya shreds so that the taste would be more noticeable.

The staff there is usually very good with making sure everyone is okay.

They made the location super cute. It's in a crowded looking shopping center and the surrounding area doesn't seem really clean, but they make the best of their location and they even have a little picnic area. They also have many flowers and it completely makes up for the location.
I usually barely find parking whenever I go (around 12 p.m. or 4 p.m.) and a lot of the times it can be a tight squeeze since it's one parking lot for several other restaurants. There's a nearby Metro Line stop near the Kaiser though, which is the next street up and the walk isn't too far away.

Pros: Good food for the low price, Cute eating area, The deserts are very good

Cons: Cheese doesn't melt, Parking might be difficult

tasty! - Edit

We went there today everything we had was great except for the Thai ice tea which was way too sweet.We shared the lentil Quesadillas and they were yummy and filling. My husband had the green curry and I had the signature pumkin curry. We both liked his better because it was spicier but mine was very flavorful and if I would have thought of it I would have asked to have it made spicier. We tried to get the tea less sweet but I don't htink they understood and added more tea to the milk but we think that made it sweeter. It wouldn't keep me from going again. Which I must say please go there. They had very little business and the waitress said they are usually slow. Oh no! We can't loose a good vegan restaurant.

Pros: tasty vegan , friendly, inexpensive

Cons: not a great location

Yummy Food, Good Prices - Edit

I had read about this place opening from happycow, and finally had a chance to come check it out. Here's my Vegan Joint Hollywood review.

This is the 3rd Vegan Joint, actually; one other in Woodland Hills, another in Palms/Culver area of Los Angeles. This location is very small and kind of hidden due to it being on the 2nd floor of a small shopping plaza. However, once you walk up the stairs, you see that there is plenty of room out front with a couple tables for seating. Inside there are around 3 more tables. The large front windows let in plenty of natural lighting, and you can see the Griffith Observatory and views of the Los Angeles Mountains.

The menu is the same as the other 2 Vegan Joints -- very extensive and varied. I always like to get a lentil burger, the fried rolls, and the spicy noodle soup. Everything was yummy, consistent with the quality of the other locations I'm used to. My friend got an order of pancakes and a plate of hash brown. Yummy, too.

I wish I lived closer, then I would be able to eat here more often. The prices are totally inexpensive, it feels easier to eat at The Vegan Joint then to cook at home.

Definitely eat here when in this area (diagonal from Children's Hospital).

Pros: yummy food, easy on the wallet, quick service

chromecastdownload 17 May 2016 - Love their veggies, fresh and delicious...Keep serving :)

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Vegan Joint - Hollywood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.