The Vegan Eagle

Contact 04028478767

Wischhöfen 4, Hamburg, Germany, 22415

Small restaurant with garden, est. 2014. Offers a weekly changing international menu. Parking in front or walk 5 minutes from underground train U1 fuhlsbüttel Nord. Open Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by DudaPimentel

delicious and almost healthy food - Edit

Very good restaurant with changing offers. Everything you can order here is very fresh and homemade even the spices are out of the small garden behind the house. They serve seasonal food an everything I tried so far was amazing! Even if it's a little bit far from the centre ... It's worth a visit!

Great expectations - Edit

I liked the place, but it was not what I had hoped. Some veggies were very al dente, and the spicing was a little blah. Portions were good and pricing fair. I may give this place another try because of the glowing reviews.

Pros: Portion size

Cons: Flavor was not great

Yet another creative kitchen in Hamburg - Edit

This restaurant is located in Hamburg Langenhorn which is about 20 mins from city center but definately is worth visiting. They have rather a short menu card but food is very tasty. Thier salad dressings are innovative, something rare. Ambience is that of relaxing mood and so is thier summer garden. Staff is friendly and supportive but having said that I found thier portions small compared to the prices. Larger patty or serving bread along with all main course might justify it.
Anyway, I would recommend this place. You should try it atleast once.

Pros: Creative , Relaxing

Cons: Smaller portions compared to price

Great experience - Edit

We were on a visit to Hamburg and found this restaurant on Happycow net. The waitresses gave us good advice and the food was delicious. And they had very unusual seasonal dishes like an asparagus crme brulee dessert. The beer was fine,too. We will definitely come again on our next visit to Hamburg.

Good staff/stuff at The Vegan Eagle - Edit

Although away from Hamburg City Center it was absolutely worth the taxi ride.

Staff is really welcoming and friendly.

Location is a former Chinese Restaurant, not fancy, absolutely okay.

Menu is "hidden" in Lucky Luke comic books

Pros: Foooood!, Staff

Cons: there is no Con

yummy, yummy, yummy - Edit

Normally I just walk though my door and I can find a lot of vegan places in St Pauli where I live. But today I wanted to try the vegan eagle which is 45 minutes (one way) to go. But I can say, it is definitely worth going there. We shared a chickpea salat with pomegranate seeds, sesame and a fresh date dressing as a starter. Then we had a hot Thai curry with sweet potatoe, cashew nuts and lychees. It was well seasoned, but not too much. After a while we could choose a marzipan-poppy seed cream with mixed berries. The food was so good, not comparable with all the fast food option in Pauli. I definitely want to come back to eat everything on this card. :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 31, 2015

Pros: fantastic food, great staff, good value

Great vegan place! - Edit

I was invited to the Golden Eagle today. Normally i prefer the filthy fast food restaurants so i was not sure if i will like this place which is a little bit more posh and expensive. The staff was VERY friendly, i liked how the rooms looked like, the relaxed atmosphere and especially the "Veagle Burger" (10,90 Euro) which was huge and very, very delicious! The coffee (with almond milk) convinced us, too.

By the way, they offer gluten free dishes or can make some of the standard dishes gluten free if you ask for it.

I recommend this place and i am happy for everbody in the North of the city - finally you got a great vegan place, too :)

Pros: Food!, Staff!, Everything!

Great restaurant in the north of Hamburg - Edit

Great place with small but well chosen menu, with e.g. Thai curry, ravioli, chili or burger. Every time I went there, I had something different and everything was very tasty. But the most delicious was the peanut chocolate brownie.
You can see that the place once was a Chinese restaurant, which gives it a quite unique but nevertheless pleasant atmosphere. So far this is the only vegan restaurant which is not in the centre or the west of Hamburg, but in the north. I can definitely recommend going there.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, peanut chocolate brownie

Delicious burger and great staff - Edit

I went to the Vegan Eagle for dinner and was pretty surprised they had a small, well-chosen menu. I had a delicious burger and for dessert the best vegan crema catalana I have ever tasted – interesting because it's coco-based. The staff was able to answer every single question about the food, the preperation, and the ingredients and was really friendly and laid-back. Worth mentioning is that they have vegan soap in the bathroom, a fact that can't be taked for granted even in vegan restaurants. Alltogether it was almost perfect except the fact that the music was a little loud.

Pros: Great staff, tasty food, affordable

Cons: loud music, a little out in the sticks

Soooo good! - Edit

Hannover loves it :)
Der Blattsalat mit gebratenen Pilzen, getoppt mit gerösteten Saaten und lauwarmem Himbeerdressing war super lecker.
Über den Burrito aus der Wochenkarte brauchen wir gar nicht reden: Knüller! (Perfektes Timing für zwei USA Fans wie uns)
Die Nachspeise hat uns ebenfalls super lecker geschmeckt (Gluten Free Apple Pie + Kokos Vanille Milchreis).
p.s. Der Service war ebenfalls TOP!
Wir kommen wieder!

Pros: yummy food, cozy atmosphere, kindness/service

Incredible fresh modern cuisine - Edit

I visited The Vegan Eagle twice on consecutive days, the food was *THAT* good. The decor is a bit quirky, you can see the team working away in the kitchen, and you can choose to sit indoors or outdoors in their peaceful garden. Service is amazing, totally friendly, attentive and efficient staff.
They have a regular menu and weekly specials, which when I visited, consisted of dishes inspired by their trip to New York. A generous quinoa salad, followed by the best burrito I've had in my life... they have just perfectly nailed the freshness of good Mexican food.. the rice and 5-bean chilli filled burrito was served with a fresh salsa, super-hot chipotle hot sauce, and quac.
I also tried the burger, satisfyingly messy eating - the patty is out of Grünkern (half-ripe spelt), which I hadn't tried before, but works well - comes with a decent home made burger sauce, and top quality salad on top, as well as eggplant bacon. Eggplant bacon, OMG, they know what they are doing. I would order this again and again. The chocolate peanut butter brownie (topped with burnt sugar peanuts) was so incredible, you just have to get it! :-)
All the food is just done perfectly. I would have no hesitation taking my non-veg friends here for a satisfying, and not typically-vegan meal. They have a good range of wines and beers, reasonably priced. My only criticisms are lack of credit card acceptance and wi-fi.
Overall, I just could not believe I could get a table here at all, it was that good. Hope they keep it up.

Pros: Well presented and great tasting food, Outdoor seating, Wide range of beers and wines

Cons: No wi-fi, Cash only

GREAT FOOD - Edit

Very tasty food at this amazing vegan place.

they look to provide freshly homemade food, seasonal and regional.

They even start to grow their salads and some vegetables in the back garden where you can sit as well.

Pros: tasty food, homemade, changing menu

Cons: small variety

Awesome! - Edit

High quality food, one of the best vegan burgers I ever had. Huge amount... if you eat an appetizer, main course and dessert you get very very full and everything costs about 25 Euros (including tips and drink), which I think is a good price for such a delicious food, cozy restaurant and friendly waiters :)
Save some room for the awesome brownie :)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good atmosphere

Yummy Yummy Yummy - Edit

Nice stuff, cool room (looks like an old chinese restaurant :), talented cooks.
Extraordinary burger. And THE brownie. Eat it;)
A little bit "of the grid"(near to the airport)

Pros: Delicious food, Nice Stuff, Own garden

Cons: A Little Bit Outside The City

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Vegan Eagle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.