CLOSED: The Vegan Cafe

16 Moo 5, Thong Nai Pan Yai, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 84280

Small cafe at the The Yoga Studio located on the NE corner of the island. Offers juice bar, wheatgrass shots, and vegan food. Located on the way to Wang Thong Waterfall at the beginning of Thong Nai Pan Yai. Follow signs along the main road. NOV 2015 REPORTED CAFE DID NOT RE-OPEN, ONLY YOGA NOW.

Categories: Vegan, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar

First Review by AshleyLorden

Owner/Operator on Vacation - Edit

I ventured to the other side of the island yesterday, in order to visit The Vegan Cafe, but unfortunately the restaurant is temporarily closed. (That is completely normaI for expat-owned businesses here in Thailand.) I was told that the owner/operator is on vacation.

This restaurant is a little bit difficult to find. But, if you are using GPS, the coordinates are:

09° 46' 7.70"N
100° 03' 8.70"E

You can also cut and paste that into Google Earth to see where it is.

My rating is four cows for now, but I will update my review after I have eaten there.

New Outdoor Vegan Cafe at Yoga Studio in Forest - Edit

Opened just a month ago by the expat-Thai couple running the yoga studio it's attached to, this is a casual outdoor cafe that's 100% vegan. The juice/smoothie selection is very nice and really tasty too. Everything seems fresh, healthy, and features great vegan ingredients like kale, spinach, tofu, nuts and seeds. They currently have three types of dishes; rice, noodles, and salad. The noodle bowls we had were pretty good but not tied-together/cohesive enough to be excellent, but I expect the food will be perfected soon. I would definitely recommend Vegan Cafe to veg people or anyone looking for a nutritious alternative to the mostly fried offerings available on the island. Yoga is offered 10 am to noon Mon-Sat, so go for a class and stay for lunch. The location is just outside Thong Nai Pan Yai, 300m down a dirt road and it's rustic, on the edge of the forest, but the owner will happily provide coils to repel mosquitoes!

I hear they will be opening a chill bar soon as they get a liquor license.

The main attraction will remain, I suspect, the two dogs chilling out, one of which has three legs (but that doesn't stop him from wandering around getting attention!).

Pros: Healthy

Cons: A little hard to get to

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1954 times.