First Review by Vegan Vagabond

Good food, lacking in presentation - Edit

As I wandered through Little Rock while in town for a conference, I came across The Veg (sign at booth says "The Veg Life") while exploring the Little Rock River Market. The booth was very poorly lit, wasn't decorated, and I couldn't really tell if they were open. There was one fellow behind the counter who assured me they were and I ordered two items from their menu. The Raw Garden Rolls were simple, the peanut sauce was delicious, but the rice paper was a bit stale. I waited a bit for my "BBQ Nachos" which I was disappointed to hear didn't have any meat substitute on them. I was happy with the taste of the lentil and sweet potato mix on the nachos, but the presentation was a bit sloppy, similar to the booth itself. I wasn't disappointed necessarily, but I definitely wouldn't go back again.

Pros: All Vegan , Made to Order

Cons: Lacking Presentation , Some Pre-made Items Might be Stale

Great fresh food! - Edit

Great little place, inside of a food court. Has vegan food only - with no risk of contamination by meat products. Food is made fresh while you wait. Nice little tables nearby. I had the hot cauliflower wings and a slice of sweet potato pie. The wings were battered and fried, with a dipping sauce. It came with sweet potato fried and catsup. It also had a side salad with greens, tomatoes and avocado. It was original and good. The pie was good, too.

Vegan Lunch to Go - Edit

I purposefully visited this food stall because of its vegan listing. I was running to the airport and took a chickpea salad sandwich and sweet potato fries with me -- it was a generous serving and all was delicious. The owner was there and was super-enthusiastic about the potential to expand vegan dining options in Little Rock. I will eat there again on my next visit. They have a vegan lobster roll.

Pros: friendly, fast service, affordable

The only vegan joint in Little Rock - Edit

This is a stall in the River Market food court. They have a small menu written on the board behind the counter. On the day I was here, they had a quesadilla, a chickpea tuna sandwich, and a veggie burger. I got the house made veggie burger, which came with fries. It was very good.

Return to Little Rock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Veg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3581 times since Apr 2014.