First Review by askantik

Great finds - Edit

I like coming here for groceries or to-go lunches. Everything seems fairly priced and it's a good place to find items you might overlook at a larger veggie-friendly grocery store. Their selection of beverages is great too.

I guess my only complaint would be that they seem to put sprouts on EVERY wrap/sandwich. Even if it's not listed in the ingredients, there's probably sprouts on that curry tofu wrap.

Pros: Fair prices, Sandwiches, Vegan snacks

Cons: Sprouts

New Favorite - Edit

There are 2 Turnip Trucks in Nashville and interestingly the smaller store has what I most desire - locally produced products like baked, organic, Vegan (no dairy products) breads, coffees, fresh produce. So two main reasons for shopping here - is supporting the local economy.
The larger store has more products, but I couldn't find my favorite bread there - like that sold at the smaller store(?).
The Vegan type foods selection is small at both stores (but I politely annoy the staff now and then, so maybe this will change?).

Pros: Local owned, Local products

Cons: Few Vegan foods

This place is heaven! - Edit

I absolutly love the Turnip Truck! Staff was super nice, produce was beautiful and fresh. Killer amount of vegan groceries, and my cat's food (Pet Promise). It feels better shopping there rather than fighting Whole Foods traffic! I could have spent all day there. Great selection, great vibe, and great food!

Pros: awesome inventory, friendly staff, great location

Cool place - Edit

Easy to find with a nice selection of stuff. Store is a little cramped, but that's no big deal. I didn't stay long (I was travelling through), so I don't know much about prices, but the vegan sandwiches they had prepared looked pretty good.

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Turnip Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2349 times since Aug 2007.