• The Tiffin Truck

Delivery
Take-out
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian street food restaurant. Vegan options are clearly marked on the menu with a few vegetarian options that can be made vegan. All allergens clearly listed too. Vegan dishes include plain dosa; chettinad dosa; mini masala dosa; summer salad; cochin pineapple curry; sambhar; plain rice; desk salad. Vegetarian options that can be made vegan include sambar vada; punjabi chole; aloo menthi. Open Mon-Sun 11:00-23:00.

Venue map for The Tiffin Truck
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MarkyB

jhaertter20

Points +513

Mostly Veg
13 May 2023

Great option!

I loved how there was a variety of options, fast service, and great staff.

agata-pt

Points +357

03 Jun 2022

Great food

Really yummy food - menu was interesting and great for trying lots of new things. I really liked their rice pancakes and pineapple curry and my partner enjoyed their aubergine stew. Brilliant place to go with friends too and share loads of dishes.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-03

Pros: Yummy food, Lots of interesting vegan options, Atmosphere

LittleAliceFell

Points +1743

07 Apr 2022

Always tasty!

Tiffin Truck is a great spot for vegans visiting Cam, particularly when with fussy omni friends/family. Lots of vegan and gluten-free options that are clearly labelled on the menu. Available for takeaway too and always arrives super hot! A bit pricey, but okay for a treat.

Pros: Allergens clearly labelled, Vegan & GF options

Cons: A bit pricey

gempon

Points +649

Vegetarian
29 Oct 2021

Nice side dishes

Really interesting menu and lots of nice flavours. Had a takeaway so can't comment on service but our main dishes would have been nice with more flavour/ vegetables. It felt quite soup like and I wasn't too impressed. Had a few really yummy side dishes though and would possibly try again with different choice of mains.

Updated from previous review on 2021-10-29

Pros: Good veggie options

Cons: Boring flavours

RubyCamper

Points +49

20 Aug 2021

Lovely food

Good labelling. Tasty food. I had a click and collect and he was very knowledgeable about the products and he put vegan and non vegan in separate bags. Very good!

hefafa

Points +1492

13 Dec 2020

good curry, value for money

some good vegan curries, allergens all clearly labelled on menu making it much easier to choose! decent price as well, but would be nice to see a few more vegan breads

IshmaelBradford

Points +69

01 Sep 2020

Good indian vegan options

Many tasty vegan options and vegetarian options that can be made vegan. Not too spicy either (my brother even liked it, and he can't handle heat very well). Pretty expensive for what you get in my opinion though, but I went on Monday and got the food half price. Would recommend.

jamesthomsonn

Points +668

05 Aug 2020

Count me (tiff)in!

Delicious food, could be more vegan options, reasonably priced

Pros: Very tasty , Easily marked what is vegan

Cons: More vegan options please!!! , No vegan naan etc

rforeman

Points +376

03 Jun 2020

That masala dosa!

I had the cochin pineapple curry and decided to order a mini masala dosa as a side. The curry was a bit too sweet for my liking but I loved the dosa! Definitely big enough to be a whole meal and the sambhar with it was delicious. Will come back again for more!

Pros: Big portion, Good price

Cons: limited vegan options, Quite busy - we were lucky to get a table

·X·

Points +17321

06 Oct 2019

Tiffin Truck

Delicious mini dosa with flavorful potato filling and sambar. I also had a side of the aloo mentha, which was slightly spicy (which I love) and very flavorful. I thought the mini dosa was going to be small, but it could be a meal by itself with without having to order a side.

MarkyB

Points +149

Vegetarian
08 Feb 2019

Good food at a reasonable price

I had the 'mini' masala dosa - which was actually big enough for a meal in itself making me wonder how big a normal dosa is - as well as a side of Punjabi chole. It was all very tasty and at a good price.

Pros: Tasty food, Reasonable price

This page has been viewed 2093 times.