• The Tea Garden at Comrie Croft

British
Breakfast
Scottish
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe at Comrie Croft hostel and campsite. Owner is aware of vegan needs and offers vegan options for breakfast rolls, sandwich/wrap, and cake, non dairy milk. Open Mon-Sun 08:00-16:00. Closed during winter months.

Venue map for The Tea Garden at Comrie Croft
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MrT

lauraakingg

Points +577

03 Jan 2023

Helpful staff

Nice spot, no vegan options on display when we arrived but we were able to get paninis made up fresh with some lovely salads on the side

ThatOksana

Points +22

02 Oct 2022

Lovely place with nice staff and a beautiful view

Delicious vegan cakes, plant-based milk, chill vibe 🖤

Sanjim

Points +115

24 Aug 2019

Fab location, vegan options in rural area

Parking (including disabled) close to cafe.. Two electric car charge points.
Choice of indoor or outside seating with lovely views
Varied menu - vegan choices that we tried were 2 soups, beautiful salads, giant onion bhaji, baked potatoes, cakes, plant milks. There is also wonderful shop attached with lots vegan groceries and goodies

Pros: Location , Reasonable prices, Good portions

rachelwilson1

Points +116

21 Aug 2019

Lovely spot, ok vegan food

Maybe I'm spoiled from living in the vegan utopia of Glasgow but I'm always a bit disappointed when I go to Comrie Croft. I've had a few of the cakes and once I had one that was so dry I had to send it back. They said it was because it was vegan which upset me a bit because it will give the impression to omnis that vegan food is a bit rubbish which is not true! They do have vegan sausages though which is great and the salads are delicious. Nice coffee and selection of plant milks too!

Pros: Beautiful spot, friendly staff, Vegan food in an area with few other options

Cons: Disappointing cakes, slow service

ScaryFairy

Points +238

13 Jul 2018

Lovely little place

Great lunch salad, sadly no cake left on the day I went!

Pros: Helpful staff , Only place around with vegan options

MrT

Points +91

18 Jun 2018

Love this place

We go camping every year at Comrie Croft and the tea garden is a lifesaver the morning after a late night drinking around the campfire. The owner is lovely and very good with dietary requirements, and makes a mean breakfast roll. Veggie sausages, tattie scones, mushrooms etc on offer, and sometimes has vegan black pudding and haggis in too. There's usually at least one vegan cake available, today we had (to take away after our rolls!) A banana, peanut butter and jam cake, and some millionaire's shortbread. All absolutely delicious! Would give 5 stars if I could, especially when there aren't too many places nearby.

Pros: Not too expensive, Delicious cakes, Breakfast rolls!

Cons: Closed during the winter :(