The Tasteful Kitchen

Contact 520-250-9600

722 N Stone Ave, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85705

Casual and intimate art gallery dining, since 2011. Makes vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dinner. The menus can be custom tailored to suit your dietary requirements. Minimum purchase required for credit card use. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Take-out

First Review by LDunc

Popular with locals - Edit

We came here one evening and had nice evening meal.
The vegan options were unusual with strong flavours. My partner had a vegan raw soup which he still raves about!

Every table in this place was taken and it was a weekday, so bear that in mind. It is walk-able from the town center if you're travelling and don't have a car, or a short cab would do. I just remember we were the last table to leave and they were closing up around us at like 8:30pm, so it does wind down pretty early (compared to the UK/Europe anyway).

Very Special - Edit

This is a real sit-down restaurant. Hours are dinner only times. Offer food prep classes. I had a starter(Sweet potato wedges); a meal(veggie/raw sushi) &watermelon juice; which was probably too much food; even thought I shared. My meal was all raw therefore filling &nutrition. This is probably one best places I ever eaten; ever. Atmosphere; decor, food all top rate. Easy Parking at the Rear of Bldg.

Pros: Beautiful, Wonderful Food, Desserts

Wonderful! - Edit

Small portions? Medium, actually. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. What a great dining experience! Not only was the food exceptional (I had the ratatouille), but the service was fabulous! The quiet, intimate setting is perfect for a relaxing night out with family or friends. There's ample parking in back, too. Enjoy!!

Pros: Fabulous service, Delicious food, Ample parking in back

Cons: Pricey - but worth it

truly intimate, i wish it was pure vegetable - Edit

super attentive staff, beautiful atmosphere. the menu is amazing, full of color, flavor, variety from around the world. take a trip blindly or ask for guidance, you won't regret your choice, this place is wonderful!

Pros: lots of love, quality meals, awesome desserts

Cons: serves cheese, need close attention to menu, need to ask server about 100% vegan

GO!! :D - Edit

I'm not sure what I ordered...some macrobiotic dish. I'm vegan and they accommodate well. The sushi was ok but that macrobiotic dish we got as take out was unbelievable! A nice burger thing on yummy cooked greens dipped in carrot purée! Ok, sounds weird but YUM! There were a few other dishes I wish I could have tried before we left town but GO! It's worth it :)

Pros: DELISH! , nice atmosphere, nice service

Cons: pricey-

Small portions / small selection - Edit

The portions are small, the prices are high and the selection of vegan options are exceedingly small. If you aren't in the mood for the few options there are that night you are out of luck.

Cons: Price, Small portions, Oddly overly cozy

Fresh & creative - Edit

Went there with 2 other people and had the macro plate, potato bruschetta, & green curry, which was the special. The potato bruschetta was outstanding, good comfort food made artfully. The macro plate was a delicious, original arrangement with the bean and rice croquette. The curry was just ok, felt like some tofu would have filled it out better. Love the raw options, definitely try the raw almond joy torte, so perfect. Also, our dinners came with salads (love) and had an apple cumin dressing that had me scraping my plate. Awesome all around.

Pros: Creative dishes, Raw options, Nice servers

Excellent! - Edit

We recently found The Tasteful Kitchen and have returned several times. We are vegan. The Tasteful Kitchen is the BEST place in the Tucson area for real food! Great Vegetarian and Vegan options including some raw items. Everything we have eaten has been great! Also great service from some wonderful people! We love it!

Absolutely the Best! - Edit

This is our favorite vegan restuarant. Everything on the menu is incredibly tasty and artistically presented. Try the sushi rolls for starters. A true vegan & raw restuarant with healthy, ethical practises, a serene & artistic atmosphere, and pleasant, quick service. We will eat there again and again. Very economical too. The owners/sisters are awesome cooks and down to earth people. Go there!

Pros: Tasty, healthy, abundant cuisine, serene, artistic atmosphere, friendly, quick staff,

Cons: none

The food here was seriously amazing. The chef is like a magician with vegetables. The service was great too, I felt right at home. I can't wait to go again!

Pros: fabulous food, fabulous sevice, did I say fabulous food?

Cons: A bit hard to find, A little pricey for a starving student

hidden place - Edit

without the gps we would have never found that place i think. it was dark night and first time we drove past it, but found it when turning back. its a very small place and you really dont know what to expect. we got the todays deal which included soup another starter, main and dessert. the soup was very delicious. the main included some green beans which were not fully cooked. the rest of the food was good too. they have few different items on the small menu, so if you are not picky its worth trying. the 2 sisters are friendly ladies. not very spectacular but healthy and fresh food.
if they improve these little things im sure itll work out for them.

Pros: lots of fresh veggies used

Cons: should place a sign at the street

Vegan Nirvana - Edit

What a joy to find this charmingly decorated restaurant in Tucson. Fresh delicious food, beautifully presented, with a very clean kitchen. The two sisters appreciate quality food and show their 5 star background in the interesting and diversified menu.

Pros: Fresh food, elegantly prepared, knowledgeable staff

Cons: No sign outside

A Hidden Gem - Edit

My wife and I recently spent a week in Tucson and discovered this place on Happy Cow before we left. We were extremely happy we did, because it is not to be missed. In addition to a tapas menu (of which we did not partake), the "dynamic sister duo" offer a 4-course meal that changes nightly. From the soup to the salad to the entree to the dessert (with unique palate cleansing juices in between), everything was phenomenal and very affordable. The Tasteful Kitchen offers creative and delicious vegetarian/vegan fare in a quaint environment, with phenomenally personal service. It was so good the first night that we went back a few days later...and were not disappointed. This is THE go-to spot for vege/vegans in the Tucson area.

Pros: Food, Service, Setting

The Tastefil Kitchen's Vegetarian Supper Club - Edit

For Valentine's Day, my best friend and I went on a Girl Date to The Vegetarian Supper Club at The Tasteful Kitchen. I was blown away.

The Vegetarian Supper Club is a fixed menu, four course gourmet vegetarian meal (which can be made vegan easily) event. For $25/person you get a soup, salad, entree, and dessert. Included throughout are fresh, well-balanced vegetable fruit juices and herbal tea. The food is fantastic. The portions are perfect. Normally a four course meal would make me feel overstuffed, but here it was perfect. They do not serve alcohol, but we brought a bottle of wine to share.

The walls at The Tasteful Kitchen are used as gallery space and we were entertained by lovely, non-intrusive live music. The space is small, warmly lit, and near several art/sculpture galleries. I am telling everyone about this place and look forward to taking friends there. There is also a tasty-looking ala carte menu that I'm excited to try.

Oh! One last thing. There are no meat substitutes or tofu used. The food is made from fresh, whole ingredients, very nourishing!

Pros: excellent food, healthy ingredients, interesting meal

Cons: small space

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Tasteful Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7418 times since Feb 2011.