Organic
Western
Juice bar
Fusion

Small eatery offering a limited menu of 3 options. Example is a burger in a wrap or bun topped with sprouts. Has juices and smoothies. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Venue map for The Sunshine Food Co
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Jasonleg

Shezbo

28 Jan 2024

Awesome Burger!

We had the sunshine charcoal burger and a juice. So tasty and healthy! A little gem of a plac🌝

Pros: Tasty food, Yummy juices, Cosy

Cons: Nothing

JanDahl

Points +24

21 Jan 2024

Good and simple menu.
Nice people and good food and juice/smootie.

Pros: Food, Juice , Price

SörenSchumacher

Points +36

20 Jan 2024

Amazing little place

I almost walked by the store, as the last storm blew away the sign. I was glad I found it though. This tiny store is filled with the passion of its owner, who as thrilled to host me as a guest and show me his food. The food itself was really great. I had a feeling eating the most healthy burger of my life and still full of flavour. Same for the freshly prepared smoothie.
It's definitely a place to go when staying in cape town!

akeliah

Points +48

23 Dec 2023

Fantastic Food & Amazing Service

The food is made fresh with quality ingredients. With a focused menu, each meal is made with exquisite care.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Delicious food, Excellent juices & smoothies

mchicote

Points +15

Vegetarian
19 Nov 2023

Lovely Local Vegan Meals

One word: AMAZING. All the foods we tried were full of flavors that was jam packed with SA mix into them. I know this restaurant is local to Cape Town, but I hope they expand to other places too, as I think their menu is truly spectacular.

BrightonMD

Points +1227

30 Sep 2023

Absolutely delicious

One word describes all that I ate: flavorful. This was the best food I had during my 2 week trip in SA. Simple, elegant, delicious. Nothing more to say!

Pros: The food!, The very kind cook

StefanieGruber

Points +26

03 Sep 2023

Nutritious and delicious food

Very nutritious and healthy food and juices that taste amazing. Well priced and the owners are very kind and friendly!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-03

Jazzyire

Points +138

24 Jul 2023

Wonderful food!

This little cafe is a vegan gem we found on the last day in Cape Town. The owner was so kind and the burger was delicious! Well-priced and tasty, what more do you want!

Pros: Very tasty , Well priced , Fresh sprouts

travelmikesm

Points +90

04 Jun 2023

So FRESH

The food was so fresh and felt like a home-made meal. Small place, but cosy and not busy. 10/10 recommend.

LeannaJones93

Points +84

10 Apr 2023

Healthy treat

A lovely cafe with tasty, healthy food. It is small, only two seats, but the food is great especially the daal. They have about 5 options but all well made.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Juices

Cons: Small, Not lots of choice

janaalisa

Points +116

20 Mar 2023

yummy, vegan, lovely

cute little shop, where a man cooks delicious burger, wraps and more. Everything vegan. Smoothies and stuff like banans, avocados, tahini are able to buy. Needs his time but it is worth it. Great flavours!

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-20

Pros: great vegan options, very delicious , kind little shop

YuvalMonster

Points +451

05 Mar 2023

Rich Flavours

Such a small place, they literally had just the 3 chairs and about 4 food options which are basically all the same veggie patty in a different cover lol. I ate the charcoal burger and it was definitly so rich with flavours, you can feel the lemon in the sauce, the sprouts are so fresh and the beans are surprisingly a great addition. Everything just clicks. The fruity smoothie was also great, we said we'd share a large one so they already separated them for us into two glasses which was really nice.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Tasty

Cons: Very small place, could fit a throuple of people

Yael_kalobins

Points +38

22 Sep 2022

Great vegan food

This was such an amazing place! The food is made from a lot of fresh veg and truly tastes scrumptious! The smoothies/juices taste delicious and all round this restaurant is an amazing place when looking for delicious fresh food!

Pros: Vegan, Delicious fresh food, Addictive to go to again

Cons: A bit on the expensive side

Yashmeen

17 Sep 2022

Small Vegan Health Cafe

Tiny vegan health Cafe nestled between a doctors surgery and a pharmacy 😊
Generous portion, usual offering of dhall as a side instead of chips.
Very filling, healthy and tasty.
Proudlly African and Black owned.

Pros: Great place for a quick bite or juice, Healthy and tasty

RugbyNerd

Points +591

Vegetarian
13 Sep 2022

Small but tasty

Very small restaurant with Limited menu, but very tasty and fresh with good prices.

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-13

Avner

Points +39

09 May 2022

Love it

Good food. Delicious and healthy.

Yodavidverde

22 Nov 2021

Delicious vegan food, delightful owner and great origen story!

I came here with my elderly mother and we both loved the food! Very flavorful and the owner is very friendly and has a great story about how this restaurant came to be!

Vegaliciously

Points +190

13 Feb 2021

Absolutely delicious!

The wrap is to die for! The smoothies and juices are delish! This place is a must-try if you live or visit cape town! The lady is kind and explained us that they grow lots of the veggies and greens they use. We‘ll definitely come back!

Pros: Cool place, Amazing food, Good price

cse

Points +270

06 Oct 2020

good vibes

tiny little spot in green point. we usually order sunshine for delivery. it's always good.

Pros: food is healthy and delicious

Cons: very small menu

VegPaul

Points +48

31 Jan 2020

Simply great!

Great food in a tiny place

Pros: Few options, Tasty, tasty, tasty, Good value for the money

SteveVenter

Points +22

18 Jan 2020

Tasty, so tasty!!!

Tiny little shop, serves really really taste food. 100% will be back.

Updated from previous review on 2020-01-15

Pros: Small menu. Always good to see that, Food tastes really really good!, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive

Alexander25

Points +71

17 Dec 2019

Sunshine Food Co

This is my favourite kind of place to eat. It's small and personal. The food and juice is delicious and super healthy to top!
I whole heartedly recommend this place! :)

Pros: 100% plant based, Super friendly staff and owner

RonelleFortune

Points +283

17 Nov 2019

Excellent little place

I had the pleasure of going to this little place on my trip to CT recently. I was so impressed. I ordered the wrap - huge meal, so delicious and priced well. Such friendly staff as well.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

JaxLahoud

Points +32

15 Aug 2019

Always friendly. Always fresh.

Small and simple offering but always friendly and fresh.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Limited options

TallulahKateDuffin

Points +316

06 May 2019

Great Burger!

So while out in Noordhoek it was a Thursday and Sunshine had a stand at the market and it was lovely , you could have your burger normal or bunless. It was simply delicious and the homegrown sprouts added that personal touch !

Pros: Great value for money

DorraineJob

Points +3249

12 Apr 2019

Small vegan place

Really small vegan eatery with 5 seats. Sells burgers, wraps, juices, smoothies. Had the green juice with way to much ginger. The burger patty is supposed to be a falafel. Wasn’t one of the best patties I had. Found it to spicy. But I liked the way the also prepare it in a sushi roll. Prices ok.

Anz

Points +16

24 Mar 2019

Phenomenal

Artfully crafted, exquisite flavor combos, hearty portions. Quite possibly the best vegan food I've ever had. Recommend both the bunless burgers and the sushi thing!