The Sun Inn

+44-1983531231

Newport Rd, Calbourne, Isle Of Wight, England, PO30 4ja

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has separate vegetarian menu where the dishes can be adapted for vegans. Includes chilli, curry of the day, pie of the day, nut roast, and something on the specials board. A vegan pudding option. Owner will check labels of condiments.

Categories: Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Berryblue

Great food, service and atmosphere. - Edit

I stopped here on a cycle ride around the island, in fact I made a slight detour from my planned route and it was most definitely worth it.

The vegan nut roast was excellent with a nice range of veg and a jug of gravy. There are also other vegan options too. The staff were friendly and attentive (very helpful with directions) and the atmosphere was pleasant - happy but not rowdy. There's also a garden.

This really is a great find on the Island, I wholeheartedly recommend a visit. (I would give it 5 stars for their contribution to veganism - but I'm not allowed because it isn't full veg).

Pros: Great vegan food, Helpful and attentive service, Pleasant Atmosphere

A fantastic lunch - Edit

Stopped here for lunch in mid June 2017. Place was busy but staff friendly and keen to help. Our party enjoyed a vegetable pie and nut roast with loads of potatoes, veggies and gravy. Strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

Staff able to tell me which drinks were suitable for vegan.

If I lived closer I would visit regularly.

Pros: Great food, Fab staff, Big car park

Great pub! - Edit

The Sun Inn is possibly the friendliest pub I have stepped foot in. The staff are always very friendly and happy to accomodate for vegan options/allergens.
So far I have tried the vegan korma and nut roast, both of which have been delicious each time I have eaten there.
They offer a range of vegetarian options also.
I am yet to try a vegan dessert there!
Overall, it's always a wonderful, homely dining experience there.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food options for vegans and vegetarians, Food arrived quickly, large portions

Return to Isle Of Wight Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sun Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.