The Sugar Club

Skytower 72 Victoria St W, Auckland, New Zealand, 1010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menus change seasonally. Has a separate vegan menu as well vegan degustation option, which are not listed on website but is available upon request.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, European, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by krystalkairi

fine dining - Edit

I went to The Sugar Club for my birthday, they had a separate vegan menu, was nice food in small portions. enjoyed it but could've been tastier for the price.

Pros: nice fine dining, several vegan options, friendly staff

Cons: good but not great food, expensive

Elegant Evening Out - Edit

Was looking for a nice evening out with my boyfriend, and was happy to find it with the sugar club. We noted 2 vegans when we made the booking, and they confirmed and presented us with the vegan menu when we arrived. There was a decent variety (6 or 7 options) for regular dishes, as well as a few dessert options. We decided to opt for the vegan degustation, largely because we rarely find places that offer this.

The sugar club definitely went all out. In addition to the 6 dishes they provided a vegan amouse bouche (a caviar-type morsel) to start the meal and a palate cleanser before the dessert. They also offered a small vegan dessert taster after the meal was finished. For the dishes themselves, the onion bahjis and inari were both spectacular, and the dessert of sorbets and berries was also delicious.

As you'd expect, it is expensive. For the two of us, with 1 cocktail total, we paid $300 with tip. Not something I can afford every day but, especially since the menu is seasonal, a place I hope to go back to.

Pros: Delicious food, Good attention to detail

Cons: Could be more options

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sugar Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.