The Steady

416-536-4162

1051 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6H 1M4

Serves meat, vegan options available. A progressive politics cafe and bar, opened since 2013. Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers several vegan/vegetarian brunch options such as tofu scramble, vegan donuts and vegan egg benedict. Could ask to substitute for tofu and/or vegan cheese in dishes. Open Tue-Sat 8:00pm-2:00am, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by PabloSeto

Fav vegan brunch - 5 stars! - Edit

Unfortunately Happy Cow won't let me rate it 5 stars since they serve meat but they deserve it. Love the brunch, great coffee, love the space and love going here. Check it out.

Contributions +93

Quality spot! - Edit

I have been here twice now and I really like this place. Because they serve a mix of Omni, Vegetarian, and Vegan items, and they have a lot of seating in the back it would be a great place to take a group.
I came first at night with a small group and everyone enjoyed their food. The Black bean soup is really great, I really recommend it. Great drink selection too.
I then came the other day for brunch and had the Vegan Eggs Benny. Yes, they are a bit on the pricey side but worth treating yourself to. They actually make a vegan "egg" which is pretty tasty and actually has a yellow runny "yoke"! The hollandaise sauce is pretty legit too.
It's a cute and mellow place where you can relax and have a conversation with friends. However, they do host events here, so maybe check the calendar on their website before heading over if you're not in the mood for a dance party.

I will definitely be bringing more friends here!

Pros: quality food!, great place for groups

Cons: Just a little pricey

Queer Veg-Friendly Cafe and Bar - Edit

I randomly found this cafe through a friend who works there and was pleasantly surprised to found out that it has some good vegan options.

I have only been there once and had a nice coconut chai with almond milk. I wasn't hungry at the time so I didn't order any of the vegan food on the menu. I am looking forward to trying the vegan eggs benny on my next visit!

The music was a bit loud but after the server agreed to turn it down upon request.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly-Staff, Good Vibe

Cons: Loud music

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Steady closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.