The Steady Cafe and Bar

416-536-4162

1051 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6H 1M4

Serves meat, vegan options available. A progressive politics cafe and bar, opened since Jul 2013. Has vegan brunch, supper, and dessert choices such as vegan eggs benny, tofu scramble, avocado mousse, yucca and guava burgerette, portobello potpie, and vegan donuts. Open Tue-Sat 8:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by PabloSeto

Fav vegan brunch - 5 stars! - Edit

Unfortunately Happy Cow won't let me rate it 5 stars since they serve meat but they deserve it. Love the brunch, great coffee, love the space and love going here. Check it out.

Quality spot! - Edit

I have been here twice now and I really like this place. Because they serve a mix of Omni, Vegetarian, and Vegan items, and they have a lot of seating in the back it would be a great place to take a group.
I came first at night with a small group and everyone enjoyed their food. The Black bean soup is really great, I really recommend it. Great drink selection too.
I then came the other day for brunch and had the Vegan Eggs Benny. Yes, they are a bit on the pricey side but worth treating yourself to. They actually make a vegan "egg" which is pretty tasty and actually has a yellow runny "yoke"! The hollandaise sauce is pretty legit too.
It's a cute and mellow place where you can relax and have a conversation with friends. However, they do host events here, so maybe check the calendar on their website before heading over if you're not in the mood for a dance party.

I will definitely be bringing more friends here!

Pros: quality food!, great place for groups

Cons: Just a little pricey

Queer Veg-Friendly Cafe and Bar - Edit

I randomly found this cafe through a friend who works there and was pleasantly surprised to found out that it has some good vegan options.

I have only been there once and had a nice coconut chai with almond milk. I wasn't hungry at the time so I didn't order any of the vegan food on the menu. I am looking forward to trying the vegan eggs benny on my next visit!

The music was a bit loud but after the server agreed to turn it down upon request.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly-Staff, Good Vibe

Cons: Loud music

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Steady Cafe and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.