The Stand

949-494-8101

238 Thalia St (at Pacific Coast Hwy 1, Orange County), Laguna Beach, California, USA, 92651

A small food stand offering a large menu with soups, salads, bowls, sandwiches, burritos, tamales, cookies, and fresh squeezed juices including wheatgrass. Situated just south of main beach. Parking on street or in lot next to its patio area. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by Island Hopper

Amazing Food! - Edit

Food was extremely tasty! Cookies were too! Would definitely go back!

Pros: Tons of options!

Cons: none!

delicious fresh food - Edit

been coming here for years! love this place and could eat here daily! they have something for every mood you're in. my top four favorite things are the tamales, steamed veggie rice and guac burrito, hummus bowl, and the hummus and guac sandwich on the rosemary garlic bread! all delicious and leave you feeling good after :)

so many options!! - Edit

This place is SO cute and in the perfect location (Laguna Beach)!! There are plenty of vegan options that even nonvegans can enjoy! They also sell bumper stickers and magnets! Its a must see if you're in the area ?

Pros: good service, so many tasty options, perfect location

bowl & smoothie I love - Edit

Nice, healthy and affordable fun place

Pros: healthy , vegan , affordable

Wonderful - Edit

If I livedhere I'd eat here all the time and try everything on the menu. Extensive menu for a tiny stop. They let me sample the soups made fresh daily that were so good it was hard to choose.

Pros: Huuuuuge menu. Extremely reasonably priced. Adorab

Cons: Tiny stand. Little seating. shouldn't stop yo

Huge selection, hummus and avo heavy - Edit

If you're into hummus, if you're into avocado, if you're into good food, and if you're into friendly people, you can't do much better.

Great place! - Edit

Really cool outdoor location right in downtown. Love the VW Microbus. great food shakes and smoothies.

Pros: lots of vegan options

41 years and still going - Edit

We finally made it to the Stand with some out of town friends who were staying in Laguna Beach. The menu was definitely large and I had a hard time deciding. I got the bean, rice and guacamole burrito while Dirk got the blueberry waffles. Our friends ordered the veggie burger, granola bowl, tamale plate and sunflower seed salad. The burrito was bland and I had to add hot sauce as did our friend with the tamale. The waffle came with a lot of fruit on top which was nice, but the waffle itself seemed store bought. The burger got an okay review as did the granola while the salad was huge. Dirk also got a small papaya soft serve which was good. We were able to sit in the shade under the tree. The Stand has been operating for 41 years and is still busy with customers, so I really wanted to love it, but the food just seemed a bit bland and stuck in the 70s. Glad we had a option while in town though.

Pros: all vegan, nice staff

Cons: bland and 70s-ish

Great Food, Great Location, Great Service - Edit

The staff was helpful and friendly, the location is walking distance to the beach, and the food is simply delicious!

What more could anyone need?

it was okay - Edit

They service was great. The seating area was also very cute!
However I am not a fan of the food. It was so tasteless. I brought 2 other friends and they felt the same way. I was so excited to try it. I have so say it was a real bummer to try. There's just not enough flavor.

Pros: cute seating, next to beach, great drinks

Cons: food is blah, not enough flavor

Good breakfast - Edit

Juices and burgers are great in this little stand of Laguna Beach. It would be great if they had a breakfast menu.

It Doesn't Get Better Than This! - Edit

I've been going to the stand for more than 20 years. The volume and variety of food that is produced in this tiny little stand is astonishing.

My go-to meal:the tamales with guacamole and salsa and fresh watermelon juice. The portions are hearty and the menu is extensive. Sitting outside under the tree in beautiful Laguna Beach is simply as good as it gets. This is definitely in my top 5 vegan places to eat of all time.

Pros: Huge menu, all vegan, Consistently exceptional quality of food, Location, location, location!

Cons: limited parking

so cool - Edit

cute little restaurant, completely vegan. there were a lot of menu items, all healthy and delicious! the gluten free options are plentiful.

Pros: all vegan, tasty, outdoor seating

Under a tree - Edit

If you like eating under a tree at a communal table by the shore of the Pacific ocean, this is the place for you. Parking is almost impossible, the plates are made of paper products and the price is a bit high, but the experience is wonderful. They have a large menu.

Pros: The tree, Location

Cons: Parking, Paper Plates, Price

AMAZING - Edit

This place was fantastic. we had the Tropical acai bowl + peaches, a plate of salsa/beans/brown rice/guac and chips, the guacamole hummus sandwich, and black bean soup. everything tasted amazing, the chips weren't oily at all which we were worried about. the granola on the acai bowl not only has toasted oats but walnuts, hemp seeds, and raisins! this is by far my new favorite place.

Pros: kind service , amazing food , all organic

Hip Funky Vegan Stand - Edit

Not at all glossy with good and healthy vegan eats. If I lived in LB I'd probably eat here all of the time. Been visiting this place for the last 15 years from time to time. Always fresh and they know how to do vegan fare right. It's always gift to go somewhere (except for my home) where I don't have to scrap through the menu adjusting this and watching out for that! Simple as that.

Simple, Fresh, Delish - Edit

The only all-vegan restaurant in Laguna that's not a commitment away sits on the corner of Thalia and PCH 101, a quick jaunt from the beach. The reviews previous to mine are on point- no fake meats or cheeses, a robust selection and lovely outdoor seating. I ordered the avocado sandwich on English muffin white the husband enjoyed a burrito stuffed with beans, pico, avocado, and a myriad of other veggies. I doctored up my sandwich from the array of fixings available at the counter and dig in. The bread was fresh and warm, the veggies crisp and lively. A great, refreshing option in Laguna and the one place that doesn't require a series of verbal acrobats to ensure your meal is cruelty-free.

Pros: all vegan, super fresh

Simple And Tasty - Edit

The Stand has a huge selection of vegan food. It tastes very fresh and home cooked. I liked how simple yet tasty it was. Conveniently located close to the beach and PCH. I highly recommend the veggie burger, it's delicious. It is rather big though, so if you want a smaller meal, all of the bowls are really good, too.

Pros: Huge Selection, All Vegan, Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons: Limited Outdoor Seating

Return to Laguna Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Stand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.