The Spotless Leopard - Food Van

Contact 07925641299

Alma Rd and Whiteladies Rd corner, Bristol, England, BS8 2NH

Mobile food van and pop-up - See website for locations & changing times. Serves wraps, quiche, veggieburgers, samosas, salads, and cakes. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sat 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, British

First Review by RobDodd

Mac n Cheese! - Edit

I love the food at this place, I work at home and sometimes stop by for some lunch and slice of cake :) The best thing I ever ate here was the mac and cheese... oh my gosh... it is so delicious and creamy, and has broccoli and "bacon" bits. Seriously the best mac n cheese I've ever eaten, including my pre-vegan experiences! Plus the owner, Louise, is lovely :)

Pros: mac n cheese!, cake!

Fresh and tasty! - Edit

I'm lucky to work within walking distance of The Spotless Leopard, and make the trip there now and then for a lunchtime treat. The food there is always good, and what's most impressive is that the sandwiches are freshly made, with some of it being cooked up there and then. For example, order a seitan steak sandwich and the seitan steak will be fried up while the rest of the sandwich is made up. When I've had anything here which comes with salad it's always packed with interesting things and not just your lettuce and tomatoes, and the sauces have a homemade taste. The website is also kept very current, so I can check in the morning whether the van is going to be there, and what is on the menu for the day.

Pros: fresh, great home made food, interesting salads, friendly staff

amazing! - Edit

I finally had a chance to visit when they were at the Bristol Pound's 3rd birthday event by St nicks market. I ordered the Reuben sandwich and it was by far the best sandwich I have ever eaten. Blackened tempeh, mustard, (plamil) Mayo, and salad on brown bread. To die for.

Good food, high-ish prices - Edit

I went here twice. Everything is vegan, which is truly amazing per se, and what I've tried tasted really good and filled me up, too.

The only problem (for me at least) are the prices. One standard plate costs around 6£.

But overall worth trying!

Wonderful, tasty, wholesome vegan meals and treats - Edit

I was in Bristol for 10 days and ate as much Spotless Leopard food as possible. It is so worth the walk or bus ride from the centre to Whiteladies Road in the Clifton Down neighbourhood. It’s just around the corner on Alma Road.
Meals I enjoyed: a hearty miso-veg bowl (takeaway box) with brown rice, lentils, broccoli, carrot, steamed greens and sunflower and sesame seeds, for £6. Also available that day were macaroni & cheeze and spicy pulled jackfruit. Sweet things included the delicious raspberry-lime cake that I had, moist and fruity with icing. Next time I had one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten: blackened tempeh Rueben sandwich with fried onions, sauerkraut, salad, mustard, mayo and Russian tahini dressing. Delicious! Also had a slice of lemon-blueberry cake – so good. On my last visit, I bought three meals and two desserts, to spread over two days. I had the roasted vegetable—smoked tofu wrap served with a salad of quinoa, sweet potato and pumpkin seeds; a second tempeh Rueben sandwich; and a great, fat, lentil-etc burger with sliced dill pickles and sauces, excellent and filling.
All good vegan food. Go there! (Not open Mondays.)

Pros: good food and creative dishes, delicious cakes

Cons: location outside the centre

2 Responses

Excellent vegan choice when in Bristol - Edit

This is a great find in Bristol and as far as we can tell the only 100% vegan eating post in the city. We went hre for lunch and had a tempeh sandwich with all the trimmings and a walnut and coffee cake. The sandwich was bliss. It was as good as any sandwich i have ever tasted including my pre vegan days and both my partner and i were incredibly impressed. Calling it a sandwich denigrates it a little bit because it is so much more than just something between two slabs of bread.

The cake was also delicious, moist, sweet and impossible to tell it was vegan.

This is a must visit whatever your veg status and we will certainly be regular customers on our visits to Bristol.

Pros: Delicious, Fewer options but better quality, good value

Cons: It isn't everywhere!

Best vegan place in Bristol! - Edit

I urge every vegan who visits Bristol to check out the food served from this magical van. The menu changes daily so if you want to know what you will be able to get look at their fb page. I used to go to Spotless Leopard pretty much every week, their cake is to die for.. you don't have to be vegan to appreciate its deliciousness.

In terms of savoury dishes there is always plenty of salad to choose from (roasted brocolli and kale being my favourite). Other mains include seitan steak sandwich (the owner makes her seitan from scratch), smoked tofu wraps, bean burgers, macaroni cheese, tempeh sandwiches and much more. Each dish usually costs around a fiver or less, so apart from being the best vegan eatery in Bristol it also doubles as the cheapest one. The owner, Louise, is very friendly and will tell you everything you'd want to know about her recipes.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Good value for money

Don't miss it - Edit

long walk through bristol to find it, but it's worth it! everything is yummy and cheap compared with the standards. if it's in town, you have to go!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 24, 2013
You can now find it more often around Clifton area.

The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Leopard - Edit

Get some amazing natural sunshine in your life, try the simply delicious food at the spotless leopard - if you don't digit, then check your pulse - you may need a doctor.
But please note all the cake is mine, mine i tell you.
Great job guys

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great prices

Cons: only one

My favourite vegan eatery on wheels in Bristol. - Edit

Yummy vegan cake (chai coffee cake is amazing!), scrummy wraps and superb vegan 'cheese' boxes with delicious home-made crackers and chutneys. Worth it every time and reasonably priced too. Has also in the past made a beautiful cake to order and deliviered it to me which was incredibly kind. Check it out!!!

A great place to grab some great food - Edit

We often drive up the Gloucester Road and recently discovered the spotless leopard, and had some wraps and salad, it was so nice we make a point of dropping by whenever we are in the area on a Saturday. My wife is gluten free and there is always a treat for her. I would describe the food a this outlet as "delicious" We need more vegan food outlets in Bristol!

Pros: Great vegan food, Gluten free options, Very friendly

Cons: Would love it if if it was a cafe

Return to Bristol Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Spotless Leopard - Food Van closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6705 times since Aug 2013.