The Sound Lounge

+44-2085439555

18 The Broadway, Wimbledon, South West London, England, SW19 1RE

Vegetarian cafe and non-profit music venue. Has a selection of burgers, house-made coleslaw, and roasts. Also has cakes, non-dairy milks and vegan alcohol. Check Facebook for gig schedule. Sep 2017 reported no longer fully vegan. Relocated from 210-212 Upper Tooting Rd. Open Tue-Wed 10:00am-5:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Western, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, British, European

First Review by jollypig

Tasty Pasty - Edit

Had the vegan pasty and choc and orange brownie - both very yummy :)
Nice chilled vibe, welcome to Wimbledon

AMAZING Vegan Sunday roast - Edit

'The Sound Lounge' in Tooting, is an independent Community Arts and Music venue, with a restaurant /cafe. it’s equidistant between Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec underground stations.
I've yet to see a live band there, but have been to a couple of 'Vegan Meet up’s' there, as well as many times over the last six months, for the vegan food.
The atmosphere is very relaxed and service often very relaxed too, but it kind of goes with the feel of the place, so once you accept that your cappacino or lunch might take a bit longer, its fine and you can relax in the large shabby chic style seating space.
The Sunday roast they serve is what I come back for, and a real favourite. Very filling, and fantastic that I can just pop down the road to eat a fully vegan Sunday lunch/dinner.
I’ve also tried the scrambled Tofu a few times and this can change from time to time, depending on the chef I suppose. I have tried the bean burger, but am not a fan of that. It was burnt and just fell apart. The staff seemed to think it was meant to look burnt so I didn’t really bother complaining. However I do recommend the jackfruit burger above the bean one any day.

Desserts and cakes are great. Really good vegan selection - Far too many to mention, but I’ll add photos so you can see the sorts of things they do. I recommend this place if you live in or around South London and If you like a good Vegan Sunday roast. It’s worth booking a table and travelling for.

Pros: Good choices, Easy to find , best Vegan Roast in South London!

Cons: Sometimes slow service

Awesome find - Edit

Great atmosphere, really lovely food and happy staff. The pulled 'pork' burger was awesome, sadly I had no room for dessert so will definitely be back 😁

MY NEW FAVOURITE PLACE - Edit

I came in looking for vegan coffee + cake and got a delicious latte with coffee and walnut cake. But not only that, the place was full of tiny kids there for a fun event. I got talking to the owners (both musicians) and it turns out this place was set up thanks to the community wanting a safe place where events can be held for EVERYONE. One of the most welcoming and inclusive places I've been to, this vegan establishment also serves high quality food and drink for a good price. I recommend it to anyone: professionals, students, families - there is something for everyone. I would also check out their events list on FB :)

Pros: Excellent food and drink, Free professional events, Friendly staff + customers + whole community

Cons: Sometimes the events are for kids so check first!

Great New Restaurant/Bar in SW London - Edit

The Sound Lounge hasn't been open long, but it has a great menu, good food, a nice atmosphere and is reasonably priced. It works as both a bar (all wines are vegan) and a restaurant (you can sit and eat away from the action at tables if you prefer). There was no live music on the evening I was there, but there are plenty of bands and events (check their website for details).

I had the bean chilli on chips, which was tasty (although I'd have preferred the chips to the side rather under the chilli as they got a bit soggy). The rest of the menu looked good too.

The Sound Lounge is in a good location just a few minutes from Tooting Broadway tube. I'll definitely be back.

Pros: Works as a bar and a restaurant, Good location near Tooting Broadway tube, Vegan drinks clearly listed

HannahWhiterthanwhite 14 Apr 2017 - Thank you so much Jollypig! We've just read your feedback and as a result we are going to change the way we serve the chilli and chips. Your chips will not be soggy again!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Hope to see you again soon. x

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sound Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.