The Slide Inn

Contact 503-236-4997

2348 SE Ankeny (at SE 24th Ave), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Serves meat, vegan options available. International menu with some marked vegan items for both brunch and dinner. Some brunch examples are huevos rancheros, tofu curried veg scramble, rice flour waffle, rice flour pancakes, tofu brown rice sausage, and veg scramble. Dinner items include polenta triangles with vegan red wine braised root, curry vegetable tofu brown rice burger, red wine risotto, linguini pasta. Also has gluten free. Mid-century modern ski lodge atmosphere with Wi-Fi. Adjoining the restaurant is a lounge with nightly music and some beers on tap. Open Tue-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-2:30pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Freshandgood

breakfast! - Edit

Nice Vegan options and an extensive choice for anyone else. They do gluten free options. The apple fritter appetizer is amazing and they were awesome enough to make it vegan so everyone at the table could share! Very accommodating and a nice casual atmosphere. A bit retro. A bit Austrian ski lodge. A lot Portland. But ultimately a great choice for breakfast for Vegans or omnivores.

Pros: house made syrups, accommodations for most diets, gluten free options

Cons: one guy working the weekend shift...so could be sl

cute place, decent food - Edit

I went here for brunch. My boyfriend got to tofu scramble and I got the waffle. The tofu scramble was delicious. My waffles was horrible. It was very hard. Also I was disappointed by the lavender syrup. I love lavender and was really excited to try it but it was more like a syrup you sweeten drinks with rather than something that gets poured over waffles. I might try their dinner menu one day but I'm in no hurry.

Pros: cute vintage atmosphere , friendly

Amazing Vegan, Vegetarian, Gotta try the Kale Chip - Edit

I can't believe that I'm the first to review this find.
Best ever kale chips!! Lot's of options, and a very extensive menu with something for everyone.
I had the gnocchi, which are made vegan and gluten free, also had the tofu sausage served with house fermented kraut.
I'm going back for those kale chips too!
Next on my list is to try their brunch, my mouth is watering already just thinking of the menu!

Pros: not too busy, affordable, cool

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Slide Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1043 times since Mar 2013.