The Singing Rooster

+44-1736438293

39 Causewayhead , Penzance, England, TR18 2ST

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cooks food daily and will adapt several dishes to be vegetarian or vegan. The beetroot carpaccio can be vegan by omitting the cheese, the same with courgetti with tomato sauce. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-2:30pm, 6:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by ngea

Clear menu, friendly staff, homely and welcoming - Edit

We regularly visit here when we come to Penzance. The hosts are always friendly and the salads are fantastic. The hot food also yum. It's nice to get veggie and vegan polish food as a bit of an alternative to the usual places we go and I was delighted to find this place in Penzance!

Beautiful restaurant, wonderful staff - Edit

I came here with my meat eating family, despite their initial reservations that I would have chosen "some hippy vegan place" and all were pleasantly surprised.

Formerly known as The Polish Café, there are still a number of Polish specialties particularly the stuffed cabbage leaves which went down very well.

The staff were absolutely delightful, especially the woman (whose name I did not get) who was wonderful, really polite and friendly.

It's obviously been recently renovated and the artwork and furnishings really make it a beautiful place. I would definitely recommend a visit.

My only issue was that, despite offering vegan starters and mains, there were no vegan deserts - but they do provide soya milk for a coffee/tea.

Pros: Wonderful staff, Good value, Beautiful decor and furnishings

Cons: Limited vegan choice, Unclear drink options (we should have asked)

maggotti 17 Jul 2017 - I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals. We have now added the information to our menu that we have soya milk - thank you.
We will experiment with some vegan desserts. Maybe some frozen ones. It's hard for us because we end up wasting food at the end of the day if we haven't had vegans inand we don't like waste!
Please come again. Tomasz and Dagmara

Return to Penzance Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Singing Rooster closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.