The Shroom Room

03-3289459

48 London St, Lyttelton, Christchurch, New Zealand

Vegetarian cafe with an alternative vibe, opened Jun 2014. Serves coffee, breakfast and lunch. Some of the dishes have vegan options, as marked. Street parking. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out

First Review by misstracee

Great Food and Coffee!!!! - Edit

The place has a cool vibe and the food is great. I had an amazing falafel burger last time I was there. The prices are very reasonable and the coffee is great. The only bad thing about it is that it is so busy and popular!

Pros: Great food, Great coffee, Cool vibe

My local - Edit

Best chips in the known universe ❤️

Holla! - Edit

Kickass options for vegans here. I smashed back a dark chocolate and coconut Bounty Bar thick shake with soy ice cream in it and a big thick piece of bread with creamy mushrooms and pesto on top, with a phenomenal hash brown and salsa.
awesome.

Nice Mushies - Edit

While good vegetarian food may be a challenge to find in Christchurch, Shroom Room Cafe in Lyttelton, just a little out of Christchurch is a real vegetarian treat. Admittedly we have only visited once, but the experience was pleasant enough for me to comment. The menu has numerous vegan options, plus gluten free options and they make good use of mushrooms (as you would guess). We ordered the Shroom Room Shrooms with hash browns to share and a couple of coffees. The shrooms came with a lovely pesto and yummy chutney and the hash browns were quite a bit larger than we had expected, and of course the serving of mushrooms was ample and delicious. The meal we ordered was quite massive (so it is lucky that we chose to share this dish), the coffees were okay and the staff were refreshingly happy. The décor consisted of an eclectic mix of 60s and 70s inspired bits and pieces, making it a nice informal breakfast or lunch dining experience (outdoor seating available). If we had some more time in Christchurch we would go back again and try more yummy goodies on their menu!

Pros: Mushrooms!, Lots of vegan & gf options, Happy staff

shroom room - Edit

the shroom room is probably the best place in the christchurch area for vegan food. today i had the vegan treehugger sandwich and it was so delicious that we bought two more to take home for dinner. the service is really friendly and genuine. the atmosphere was great. the music was pleasant. everything was great. i can't wait to return. highly recommended.

Pros: excellent food, excellent coffee, reasonable price

Cons: in lyttelton

Return to Christchurch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Shroom Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2085 times.