The Shop

518-874-1899

135 4th St, Troy, New York, USA, 12180

Serves meat, vegan options available. An upbeat, funky, hip restaurant and bar housed in a converted hardware store. Clearly labeled vegan choices include the quinoa salad, the 44th street seitan, vegan charcuterie sandwich, sweet potato steak fries, fried plantains and basmati rice. More items are clearly labeled as vegan with modification. Open Mon 5:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm. Closed Tue.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Timbobbin

woodshop w/ plant-food - Edit

This woodshop-themed restaurant has a lot of unfinished edges (literally), but far better vegan options than I would've expected in Troy, NY.
I didn't try anything on the normal menu as my friend & I opted for the Vegan Chinese Takeout special (see photo in main listing), which was a feast. Miso soup, fried rice, vegan crab rangoon, a seitan dish & a few other items. I liked all the options but one (& my friend liked & ate that).
The staff seemed knowledgeable about what vegan means so that was nice. I'd happily stop here again on a future visit.

Pros: Decent vegan options, Tasty food, Extensive drink selection

Cons: Mostly common seating, Rough edges (intentional)

Great Beer Great Food - Edit

My husband and I love going to The Shop! I had the jackfruit tacos special. Was spectacular!

Enjoy Troy! - Edit

Its a cute slogan, but The Shop can help you "Enjoy Troy" The decor is cool, the staff are cool even the urinal is cool! There are plenty of vegan choices on the menu. Try the 44th Street Seitan, the menu changes but this dish is a mainstay and rightly so. There's an excellent selection of beer to suit even the most discerning palate. The crew behind the bar really know the business. They will even top off your pint, a sign of a true professional.

Pros: Atmosphere, Varied menu, Good value

Cons: Drafty near the door

Return to Troy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.