First Review by lindn

Raw food best in Ubud - Edit

Raw food done right! Everything is tasty and fresh. The lasagne is better than any other made with lots of love and a non-vegan may not even know the difference. Check in all the time for the daily specials.

Pros: Top notch tastes, Fresh food, good service

Cons: pricey, scooter parking only

Best raw vegan place ever - Edit

Excellent exceptional raw vegan food. Not being the biggest fan of raw food myself, this was one of the best overall dining experiences I've ever had. Every single dish we had was extremely unique, delicious and full of different flavours and spices. Food, atmosphere and staff are all incredible. You'll leave the restaurant with a full stomach and a big smile. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Variety of dishes , Seating , Price

Great raw food at a good price! - Edit

We passed by The Seeds of Life a couple times before finally trying it for lunch one afternoon. I went for a couple breakfast items including a chia and dragon fruit drink and the raw breads with jam trio. We also had the raw lasagna. All of it was delicious and very fresh tasting. I wish we discovered this spot sooner as it was one of my favorite meals in Ubud.

Basically the best food I have had in my LIFE. - Edit

Oh My. I really can't praise this restaurant enough... it is A M A Z I N G. Seriously, I have never had food that good in my life (and it's raw, how lovely!). Def try the lasagna and the banana pancakes. I still dream about them, even a year and a half later. I will take the cooking class, some day...!!! The staff is so sweet also, the atmosphere is great. This place is perfect.

Pros: AMAZING food, Cheap , Too many choices

words are inadequate - Edit

Omg . I haven't had food this good in probably my whole life. So healing nourishing beautiful delicious all of it all of it all of it. Just go, don't miss it it's a serious gem

Pros: everything ever

Cons: none

blown away😍😍😍 - Edit

my most favourite restaurant ever, we ate here several times when staying in ubud and just couldn't stop coming back lol,
killer vibe, great music, great style of the restaurant and the food is so fresh, rich and flavoursome i honestly think it could convert some of the biggest meatlovers out there.
i thoroughly enjoyed the sol bowl, as well as the papaya crepes and jackfruit smoothie and i would also recommend trying out the tonic bar options.
this place is an absolute gem!!!

Pros: amazing food, great vibe and music, this place is perfect

Could be so much better - Edit

I really wanted to like this place. I love their approach and what they aspire. Unfortunately it appears to be all talk.
Such bad service, like some staff didn't want to be there and took it out on us.
We had to ask for our order to be taken, just mine was and then the woman walked off without taking my husband's order. We had to chase someone up for his order when it became clear she wasn't going to come back. Then after a long time, and hardly any other customers being there, my husband's order came but not mine. We waited patiently for around 10 mins then asked the first woman if mine was coming. She said yes. Waited another 15mins then asked again. They said they didn't have an order for me! So placed it again and when it came, a simply smoothie jar, it was very poor standard. Big chunks of dragonfruit, inedible dehydrated banana, very basic. I was expecting raw food of a high standard but it didn't appear.
We went back a few days later to give them another try. Again poor, disinterested service even though not busy. Below standard food.
I wish I could say something better.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Poor standard of food, Poor standard of service, Does not live up to their aims

Decent food, terrible service - Edit

Came here for lunch. Ordered a raw burrito and the dish of the day—eggplant moussaka. The burrito was disappointing. The wrapping was too flimsy, and the filling was pretty much all lettuce without much else. Should really have been called a lettuce wrap. Good thing the moussaka turned out quite good, so were the two cakes we got for dessert. We also enjoyed the fermented coconut water.

The service, though, was slow and inattentive. One girl took our order at first. Then we sat and waited for almost 40 minutes as we saw the table next to us have the moussaka served even though they ordered after us. A few more minutes went by, a guy came to our table and asked if we had placed our order yet. Turned out the first girl didn't even put our order in! No explanation or apology from anyone whatsoever. After that, it was a short wait for our food. Checkout took a while as well because a different guy at the register thought nothing of talking on the phone at length when there was a line of people waiting to pay.

Overall, the food was alright (minus the "burrito"), cakes were good, but service was bad. Three stars is being kind.

Pros: delicious cakes, location

Cons: awful service

The first restaurant I've ever walked out of! - Edit

Oh dear, give this place a miss! The service is very very poor. It's the first place I actually got up and left from in my life!

Lots of unfriendly staff all intent on ignoring customers. I'm happy to wait 15 minutes to be brought a menu but when I wait 25 minutes (and it's quiet) and I ask repeatedly then I'm afraid walk! Especially when I'm travelling solo.

There's always an upside and it was discovering Alchemy and Earth Cafe afterwards. So in a way Seeds of Life did me a big favour by being hopeless as I love these other places.

Pros: central

Cons: staff are ineffective , first restaurant I've ever walked out of! , and the staff didn't even notice I walked out!

ottimo ristorante Vegano crudista - Edit

Bellissimo ristorantino Vegano crudista. È davvero buono. È tutto crudo e tutto Vegano. Si va sul sicuro. Non hanno alcol. Sono anche indicati i cibi che sono abbinati meglio per una corretta digestione. Di meglio non si può chiedere. Il costo poi è davvero ottimo. Se ci fosse vicino a casa mia un posto così sarei sempre là

Pros: Vegano crudista sano

Anniversay Breakfast - Edit

Headed here for our 1 year anniversary and had breakfast. It was delicious. Had a banana smoothie and corn eggs in mushrooms with eggplant bacon and spinach along with 2 slices of bread. How amazing it all was. each and every bite was delicious and was tempted to get another plate just to savor it some more.

Pros: all raw, vegan bread, eggplant bacon

Perfect each time - Edit

We've been three times there and we were satisfied each time of the food and the staff. More expansive than basic restaurant in ubud,but once you'll be there,you will understand why. It's very long cooking time for the food they offer.
If you're vegan,it's the place to be in Ubud!

Pros: Excellent food, Fresh raw food only, Kind staff

Cons: Expansive for Bali but it's normal

good, but not great. - Edit

They do great tonics and juices however the raw food dishes are small, a little bit lacking in flavour and fairly expensive.

grillaum 26 Jun 2016 - I don't agree in each issue...

amazing - Edit

Lovely staff, good recommandation, everything is raw vegan.
They have huge selection of hime tonics and teas. Smoothie was delicious! I have no space for dessert.. Will need to come back (yayyy!)

Pros: good selection/menu, clean, friendly

Good Cakes but not all vegan ( they put honey inside some of them ) - Edit

Their Cakes are really amazing And so good even if a little bit expensive . But they are raw so they worth the price you pay .
Just the only concern is that they put honey in most of thr cake , so if you are vegan you have to be careful about that

amazing Raw food! - Edit

Loved the food, ambient and friendly Service.
The Raw Pizza and Hamburger ( Sunday special) where to die for, as was the Hummus. Highly recomended!
Prices aren't super low but completely fair and worth it for the quality of food they serve!

Sorry but not a nice experience - Edit

I had great expectations after having read these reviews. Maybe I was unlucky, but the raw chocolate cake I tried was very BAD. I did not even finished it. The orange juice I ordered was good, although NOT an orange juice (they mixed other fruit). For what I got, it was TOO expensive. I paid for a bad cake and a juice the same amount I paid for a GREAT HUGE lunch at 9 Warung (always in UBUD). NOT recommended.

Too expensive for Bali. - Edit

Great atmosphere, upstairs seating is good only as downstairs is too hot and stagnant.
Best vegan desserts and juices I've had.
Mains were quite bland and definitely do not warrant such high prices, seems like they are just taking advantage of vegans and vegetarians.
Cannot fathom how expensive it is as supplies and overheads are so low in Bali.

Pros: Excellent desserts and juices.

Cons: Too expensive. Downstairs seating is too hot.

Wow, wow, wow! - Edit

Best vegan food on the island of Bali by far! I was very surprised by how good and special this food was. All kinds of wonderful delights were there to be explored. Even a selection of magical tonics. Quite cozy too and away from busy roads on a back alley. I recommend this for any vegetarians, vegans, raw vegans and of course all the non vegetarians so you can see what is possible and increase your health all at the same time!

Pros: food, location

great if you have allergies - Edit

Visited here after I fell ill in Lombok and my doctor recommended. Loads of juices to aid the immune system and soup too. I'm finally better and back in Lombok with no immune problems so far. This place is also cheaper than down to earth round the corner, but that place is brilliant too.

Pros: good for allergies/intolerences

Great Experience - Edit

I really enjoyed the taste of raw-organic food and drink at this small yet comfortable and cozy Ubud restaurant when going towards Kintamani from South Bali

Pros: Healthy, Taste

Cons: Expensive

Eggplant bacon was a revelation - Edit

Everything we had from their raw vegan menu was superb. I had the classic breakfast with "scrambled eggs" and eggplant bacon and have never had any bacon substitute this good. Coconut bacon usually has the texture of a dog treat but their eggplant bacon was rich & tender. My girlfriend had the burrito which came in the most amazing raw wrap we've ever experienced. As with most raw food it isn't the most filling meal you'll have but you will savor every bite. The "oreo" cheesecake was the best imitation of cheesecake we've ever tried as well.

raw heaven - Edit

I've been in Ubud for two months over the past year and only found out about this place over the last week.
I had the Mexican lasagne and two different versions of the raw pizza(s)
All three of them were utterly delicious and I still miss them! I wish raw pizzas wouldn't be £13 per slice in London

The staff was very nice as well and the cakes, ohhh the cakes...

Pros: delicious

Cons: a bit overpriced

Amazingly delicious food - Edit

Went there 4 times during my 12 days in Bali and each of their meals was delicious. I recommend the nigiri sushi and bimbimbap. I liked them so much I bought the recipes for them published in the restaurant owner's zine-style cookbook "Sayuri's Raw Food Cafe Volume 1", which was available not at this restaurant but at Alchemy Restaurant in Ubud's Penestanan neighborhood.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 27, 2014

Pros: excellent food, beautiful presentation, friendly owner

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Seeds of Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.