The Savory Spoon

Contact 530-222-7200

1440 Placer St, Redding, California, USA, 96001

Serves meat, vegan options available. American comfort food. Has a house-made veggie burger and a few other vegetarian items. Sunday is brunch. Previously at 1647 Hartnell Ave. Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-2:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by

Really good food - Edit

Loved coming here and finding some great vegan options. I've tried two places in Redding and I like this one the best. Come here every time I'm passing through. Love the community day idea too to serve the people that can't afford it.

Pros: Good Food

Cons: wish they had more vegan substitutions

Contributions +14

Great food and excellent service - Edit

A hidden gem in Redding. Great food and fast, friendly service. Very reasonably priced too. They use local farmers and ranchers to create very tasty meals and there are delicious vegan and vegetarian options. Loved the Monte Meat covered with mushroom gravy, fresh string beans and pecans, and rice pilaf. Liked their "Community Day" policy where anyone can come get a meal on Mondays and pay what they can.

Pros: Excellent healthy food, Fresh, locally grown produce, Great value

someone had to try it., - Edit

My boyfriend and I were excited to see vegan options in this town, we called 25min before they closed at 8 and were very happy that we could still place an order. On the phone the manager said many times to assure me a whole vegan order as I did as well asking every question. I ordered the pasta primavera easy right? What I ended up getting was watery pasta with boiled vegetables literally no flavor but water , the order came with garlic bread but i had asked and it was not vegan so i ordered without amd then recieved it with my order . I as well ordered a small side salad plain with the house vinaigrette and in my order the salad had fetta crumbles in the corner... Anyways My boyfriend ordered the seitan and dumplings what he received was peas an carrot brown paste with seitan and no dumplings to be found. I wish I could have given this restraunt a better review because of the vegan options but they let us down. we did not continue eating the food , we were very disappointed.

Pros: Last minute take-out order

Cons: Food, Ordered all vegan, got non vegan items, Price

Return to Redding Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Savory Spoon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2164 times since Nov 2011.