The Sanibel Sprout

239-472-4499

2463 Periwinkle Way (at Bailey's Center), Sanibel, Florida, USA, 33957

Organic health food shop that offers daily vegan soups, main entrees, salads, desserts as well as fresh pressed juices and smoothies. Also runs an organic food co-op; receives fresh produce on Wednesdays. Previously located on Palm Ridge Rd, Nov 2014. Open Mon 12:00pm-7:00pm, Tue-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by dtrisker

no price on the menu - Edit

We were wondering if we wanted to grab a quick bite before heading out of the island, foods looked and smelled good, a quiet place playing relax music, BUT no price on the menu, it was a bit embarrassing to ask every price for us at such quiet place, we we left. We felt that was a dishonest/psychological trick played on the customers. What not just put everything on the board so we all can make a conscious choice for ourselves?

Pros: smelled good, displayed well

Cons: NO PRICE LISTED

Awesome! - Edit

The food here was absolutely delicious ?? They have an assortment of food, juices, and smoothies. The staff was lovely to talk to, they even recommended where we should go to watch the sunset!

Pros: Great Juice , Great Food, Lovely Staff

Cons: Closed on Sunday

Great food - Edit

Stopped for a quick dinner before leaving the island. Food was delicious. There were three of us - we got three different sandwiches and we were happy with our meals. One of us was non-veg - what a great place to show someone how good vegan food can be. Only dessert option left was the donuts with chocolate hazelnut frosting. They were delicious; according to my husband "the best donut he's ever had!"
It was pricey but the whole island seems pricey and considering it's organic and all homemade, it was worth it. We were happy to find great vegan food on Sanibel.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-30

Pros: really tasty food, staff was great, friendly and accomodating, most desserts sold out so didn't have to choose!

Cons: most desserts were sold out

LIFE SAVER! - Edit

Be prepared to pay $$$. Food is great though and this is the only vegan place in Sanibel so... enjoy!

fantastic!! - Edit

Got the taco salad, loaded baked potato, zucchini pesto pasta and a chocolate smoothie. Everything was exceptionally fresh and well seasoned. Really hit the spot after a hard day of birding in the pouring rain. The atmosphere was inviting and relaxing.

Wonderful Raw food on Sanibel! Yay! - Edit

I just wanted to leave a review of Sprout! I have been coming to Sanibel for years and I have been a raw vegan for years, so I was absolutely thrilled to find a raw restaurant had opened on Sanibel when I came for my most recent visit. Everything was delicious! I could not get enough of the raw lasagna and I did not need to eat anywhere else while I was visiting Sanibel.

Pros: Excellent Raw vegan food, Wonderful people, Wonderful Service

What a Gem - Edit

We had celebrated happy hour and had dinner. It was very fresh and tasty. It was so good, we went back for breakfast the following day. The vegan waffles were amazing. I will certainly stop by for a great meal next time I am in Sanibel.

So glad we found this little gem! - Edit

We found this place while on vacation at Ft. Myers beach. I am so glad we did! we both has some AMAZING salads! I had a moist and yummy vegan brownie for dessert. The portion sizes are huge and the prices are very reasonable for what you get!

Good food but a little pricey - Edit

Ate here a couple of times in April 2015. The place has only been open at this location a few months (near Bailey's General Store). The food is very good, but the price is a little steep. I paid $9 or more for a chocolate smoothie. Paid $43 for a two-person lunch that included two entrees and two smoothies. But the food is very good. It is all plant-based and mostly organic I think. They serve breakfast all day, and also have several lunch or dinner options. They sell a lot of smoothies, despite the prices. They also stock a small number of vegan food-stuffs like Stevia and Earth Balance. Plus they sell t-shirts, magazines, and a few other items. Seems to be a real family-run business, with as many as three generations working at the shop. The place feels like a sandwich shop, though there are other options, and sandwiches seem to be a small part of the menu. The ambience is not really upscale, though the prices are. But if you are looking for vegan fare on Sanibel, you must check out the Ssanibel Sprout.

Pros: Tasty Food, Vegan Food, Family-Run

Cons: Pri ce, Ambience is not memorable, May have to wait a bit for food.

Must try :) - Edit

My daughter and I are both vegan and from out of state, found this place on Happy Cow. LOVED IT! We got there after the lunch rush and sadly about everything was sold out. But the owner was so kind and whipped us up two of the best hot sandwiches I had in a long time! Was friendly and delish :)

Pros: Kind hearted warm people, Great vegan food, real unique

Cons: more seating maybe, to bad a lot had sold out, next time, would of loved a dessert, none left

Sanibel Sprout - Edit

Lovely place, but not entirely vegan. Some of the juices/shots have honey in them, and many of the non-food items had non-vegan ingredients (including gelatin).

The juices smelled delicious, but they were understaffed due to illness and we weren't able to get one. We'll try again another time.

Great vegan spot on Sanibel! - Edit

Great smoothies, including some that are a bit out of the ordinary! Really nice staff & owner. Freshly prepared dishes for take or eat outside. Nice selection of "health food store" type items, plus some unique stuff.

Pros: Excellent smoothies, The lasagna is wonderful!, Nice little selection of unique art.

Cons: Small place/small selection

Not To Be Missed! - Edit

Your visit to Sanibel Island is not complete without going to The Sanibel Sprout. The quality of the food is on par with with finest vegan restaurants in New York, LA or Chicago. It's not a sit-down dining place. You walk in and you're in a small health food store. Straight back is the smoothie & juice counter with a few stools so you can sit down. You'll also find a refrigerated to-go section with the most to-die-for raw vegan delights you've ever tasted. You can definitely make a lunch of it with their selection of salads, lasagna, etc and desserts. I would stop here every single day for a breakfast smoothie if I could.

Whatever you do, you have to have one of their smoothies. They'll be among the best you've had in your life.

This is by far the best stop for vegans on the island. My 2nd fave place would be FRESH Taqueria. Next is Sanibel Bean.

The Only Vegan Spot on Sanibel Island - Edit

We visited Sanibel Island during our road trip to the Ft. Myers Beach Florida area. Using our trusty Happy Cow application we were pleasantly surprised to find The Sanibel Sprout.

This lovely little shop has a variety of things including prepared vegan (mostly raw) meals and a wonderful Smoothie Bar. Small but very accommodating.

We arrived after the normal lunch hour but Niki, the proprietor was gracious enough to prepare us a fresh 'raw' Mexican salad. Delicious. We started with a couple of excellent smoothies (SO good!) and browsed while our salads were prepared.

If you visit Sanibel Island, we encourage you to visit and have Niki make you a delicious Smoothie. It will make your day; especially after hiking in the nearby Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge!

Pros: Excellent Fresh Smoothie Choices., Delicious Raw Prepared Meals, Accomodating and Friendly Hostess

Cons: Small, Limited Seating

Heavenly; makes me want to move to Sanibel! - Edit

EVERY DISH was delicious and so obviously prepared with skill, inspiration and love from organic foods. Beautifully seasoned and presented too. All vegan, mostly raw. Loved so much -- the Mexican salad, butternut squash-broccoli, lemon tart and other raw desserts, the divine Asian soup, the juices, the amazing organic coffee mocha drink! GO - but warning - you may start thinking of moving to the island if you don't live there already.

Go - Edit

Today after our trip at www.captivakayaks.com (run by vegan) we went to this place. We thought that they were opened till 6 pm but at monday they are closed by 5 pm. But a very friendly older woman was prepared to open the door and showed us the products here daughter made today. Nice vegan also vegan gluten free and raw vegan options. We bought a raw vegan no real tuna salad, houmous and two gluten free cupcaks. Al was nice fresh and very tasty. They also has a small shop with good vegan snacks, nice yoga cloths and natural healing products. Prices were very reasonable.
Next time we come at Sanibal, we come back.

Pros: Good vegan options, Raw, GF, and cooked, very friendly

Fresh Vegan food on Sanibel Island - Edit

Wonderful freshly prepared specialties. Get here early as many items sell out quickly. Since it's only open for lunch, it would be great to have dinner entrees available for take out in the later afternoon.

Pros: fresh, organic, tasty

Cons: lunch only

A Must when on Sanibel - Edit

Vegans from NJ. Went to Sanibel Island for a week. Went here first day - great food, great selection, friendly staff. Could get what we wanted and needed here.
I ordered an incredible smoothie - can't remember what it was called - beyond belief - had Kale, Lemons, Mango & some other fruit I never heard of before.

Pros: Friendly & Knowledgable staff, Great food, Great Selection

Cons: Website not good indication of store

Return to Sanibel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sanibel Sprout closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.