The Sanctum

Contact 407-757-0346

715 N Fern Creek Ave Unit D (at downtown), Orlando, Florida, USA, 32803

A wholefood, plant-based restaurant that opened Jan 2016 in downtown. In addition to breakfast and beverages, the menu offers green bowls and grain bowls which come in full or half size. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Charlie Behrens

Good food - Edit

Stopped by for lunch while in town visiting the theme parks. Overall, the service was decent and the food was good. I had the breakfast wrap, but they ran out of tofu scramble, so I subbed the potatoes instead. The matcha maca latte and the Sanctum shot were really good.

Pros: Good food, Decent variety

Cons: Small space

Good food to-go - Edit

I wanted to give this place a few months around before I reviewed it. The food is really great typically. It reminds me of snobby European cafes where it is your honor to eat there. Even my chill friends have gotten angry at the staff. It once took us 15 minutes to get silverware after our food arrived. The concrete floors and small space make this the loudest restaurant I've ever been in.
All of the bowls that I have tried are fabulous or good. Most of the sauces are good. Portion size fluctuates. I would prefer lower prices than $16 bowl especially on the rare days that it is not enough food.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-13

Pros: Organic, Dozen complex items in each bowl, Central location

Cons: No tofu and tempeh has gross marinade , Expensive, Extremely rude and lazy staff

What a delight - Edit

I'm from out of town and my friend took me here. Such a cute little delightful place. Had a great convo with another local who sat at our table outside. The Pasta crema dish was sooooo good I wished I would have ordered another to go! Also partaken in a ginger bucha and it was just as good! A must visit in Orlando!

Pros: All vegan, Outside space

Cons: A little on the smaller side inside

I won't be going back here - Edit

The biggest mistake a waiter or waitress can make is to make value judgements on their customers. By deciding which customers are important and which are not, you kill you chances of repeat business. That said, the food is just simply ok, definitely not amazing...and it is incredibly expensive. The concept is good but I don't think it's gonna stick around once the novelty wears off unless some serious changed are made.

Pros: Vegan options, small portions, healthy and balance

Cons: Tremendously expensive, horrendous service, medioc

Charlie Behrens 19 Dec 2016 - In my opinion, the previous review is overstated. Saying that the prices are "tremendously expensive" is simply false. It is priced in line with the restaurants in the area and is frequently higher quality, fresher food. I often get a good healthy lunch here for under $10.
I cannot speak to the service this person received that time, but I have always had the friendliest, most helpful service in the dozens of times I've been there.
I am not affiliated with this restaurant in any way, and am the HappyCow Rep for Orlando. My aim is simply to help fellow vegans to put this review in perspective.

Truly excellent vegan fare! - Edit

Drove about an hour to check this place out, and was not disappointed! The grain bowls are like bowls of surprises! My dish loked like a beautiful salad until I started digging in and exploring, and found so many complementary ingredients and flavors. Great creativity by the chef. The Toasted Caesar Salad was fantastic. So delicious, but don't expect a traditional Caesar. Definitely one of the best vegan Caesar's I've had. I ordered the Sedona Bowl and was very very happy with my choice. So good. Boyfriend ordered the Miso Macro Bowl and was so impressed. We are actually thinking of driving back over next week to sample more of the menu.
Staff and owner are super friendly and bubbly.
The space isn't huge, and it was busy, so definitely expect a crowd during peak times. I hope this place sticks around, because it is one of a kind!

A great addition to downtown Orlando! - Edit

This place has only been open for less than a week and it was already full at lunch. I really like that they serve plant based whole food. No processed junk.
The menu is divided into Green Bowls and Grain Bowls, with smoothies, beer, and wine. See the attached photos.
I arrived alone, so was pleased to find they have a large Communal Table. That made for fun conversations. There are also regular tables and 4 individual seats at the bar.
I decided to have the Southern Comfort bowl. One of the owners told me that he's friends with a lot of construction workers who always complain that they don't feel full after a vegan meal. They developed this bowl with those folks in mind. I was able to finish it, but it was A LOT of food. By the time I finished that and my smoothie, I found that I had to skip dinner this evening. But wow was it ever good!
The servers were slammed with the full house, but they were all friendly and helpful. And the decor was attractive and warm.
Several folks around me had the half size bowls. That looked just right for a lighter lunch portion. That would also lower the cost too, 'cause I'm planning to go here frequently.
What a great new place in downtown Orlando!

Pros: Real plant based whole food, Delicious flavors, Fair prices

Cons: They're gonna need more tables soon, Maybe add some juices too?

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sanctum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.