The Sanctuary of Healing

+44-1254246940

Langho Centre, Dewhurst Rd, Blackburn, England

Serves meat, vegan options available. A registered charity offering complimentary therapies and includes an organic cafe. The cafe can cater for all dietary needs. Vegans could get the basil & smoked tofu salad with avocado & humus, the humus salad sandwich, and a couple other items. Two daily soups are labeled. Has vegan mayo, rice milk and soy milk, vegan ice cream. Calming atmosphere in am airy environment and a courtyard. Plenty parking. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, British, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

A Sanctuary, Indeed. - Edit

Set in a beautiful holistic treatment retreat, the café at The Sanctuary of Healing has several vegan options. I ordered the tofu salad, and my dad ordered the soup of the day. I asked to confirm that the bread, spread and dressings that come with the salad were also vegan (a few venue slip-ups in the past has taught me to not assume), which actually caused a little confusion to my surprise, but after some discussion with other staff members, it was resolved.

We were a little early to be ordering the food, as they don’t start serving food until 12 noon, but after a little wait, the meals arrived promptly after this time. I was delighted with the flavours and construction of my salad, also the bread was deliciously soft and fluffy. My dad enjoyed his soup and also commented on how fresh the bread was.

The interior is very modern, clean and uplifting, and despite my expectations of it being pretty quiet at this time, it had a great atmosphere, with small groups of people already enjoying themselves at the location. The venue is very accessible; I noted wheelchair users and people with buggies having few issues. The toilets were easy to access too, although I think the entrance to the café could be a bit tight without assistance, so that might be something to bear in mind.

I’m thrilled at the options for vegans, with clear labelling systems, I think a little update with the staff so they fully understand the menu and dietary requirements would be a good way forwards. I’ll definitely be calling back as soon as I can.

Pros: Clearly labelled vegan options, fresh bread, clean and modern interior.

Cons: Could do with few more vegan choices, a little confused with vegan items.

Delicious Vegan Options - Edit

Visited here with my husband for lunch, its a lovely relaxing place, you feel a sense of calm when you walk through the front door. We ordered the vegan basil and smoked tofu salad with avocado and houmous and an avocado and houmous sandwich with salad. You order the sandwich as a small or large option with optional salad, crisps or one of the soups of the day. All the mayonnaise used on all dishes is vegan. They offer soya or rice milk for teas and coffees. There is a daily changing specials board with vegan options clearly labelled and usually two vegan soups available. Its a busy place and has a lovely walled courtyard to sit out on sunny days. I did not see any vegan cakes or biscuits, maybe this is something they will offer at some point although vegan ice-cream is available. They also sell a small selection of Biona & Suma organic products like rye bread, spreads, almond butter, rice etc. A tranquil place to visit and I will definitely revisit.

Pros: Vegan Options, Vegan dishes clearly labelled

Cons: Vegan cakes/biscuits would be a nice option

Return to Blackburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Sanctuary of Healing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.