First Review by evilfrozenpeas

Retro but nice - Edit

It's been mentioned before and it's true, the name doesn't fuel much excitement. However, the owners were friendly and chatty and talked me through what was vegan. It was the end of the day so some dishes had run out unfortunately, but I still had the choice of a couple of pies and salads. The spiced cauliflower pasty was really tasty and the salads were interesting and full of different vegetables and beans. The decor and recipes are a bit retro but I really like that sort of thing.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly

Great selection of food - Edit

I have been to the salad centre numerous times in the last few years and it has always been excellent. There is plenty of choice for vegans and some wheat free options too. One of my favourite things is the selection of salads on offer and I can never resist having a bowl to accompany my main meal.

They also do very nice puddings and cakes which are incredibly filling and good value. There is always soya ice cream etc available and they are very knowledgeable as to what is in the food.

The prices are very good value and not hyped up some like vegetarian establishments were you seem to be paying for the privilege of eating vegetarian.

Worth a visit if you are in Bournemouth for the cakes alone!

Pros: good value, plenty of optiona, vegan friendly

Cons: gets busy, not open evenings

A better name? - Edit

My partner and I checked out this veggie cafe not that long ago. We were surprised and delighted to find that they provided more than just salads! They had both hot and cold options, plenty of Vegan choice and what we ate pleased our taste buds. The lady rightly-so suggested their soup of the day, it was freezing outside and it warmed us up a treat. We also ordered a curry and side salad, an odd mix you might say, we just wanted to try the variety.
We will definitely be returning for more..

Pros: Wide variety of Vegan options, Friendly staff, knowledgeable on food presented

Cons: A change of name needed?

Varied.. - Edit

I've been here a few times now, and had mixed experiences. everything is produced en masse and served cafeteria style, meaning portions are microwaved and given to you. The vegan sandwiches offered are all variations of hummus and salad, and the baked goods all lack flavour. Vegans can eat better food at omnivorous places down the road.
However, they do very lovely soya milkshakes.

Pros: Cheap, Wide range of vegan food

Cons: Flavourless, Uninventive

Return to Bournemouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Salad Centre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2037 times since Aug 2007.