The Salad Box

909-440-6072

296 S Mountain Ave, Upland, California, USA, 91786

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic acai, salads, juices, breakfast bowls, smoothies, wraps, and soup. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by rainydaycat

Out of This World Delicious! - Edit

I can't believe the Salad Box was there a full year before I found it. The Mayan Salad was recommended to me so I had that first. Wow! It just burst with flavor and textures. I've tried a few other salads and they're all good, but the Mayan is still my favorite. I'm going through the menu and the smoothies I've had and the breakfast and Acai bowls, smoothies, etc., are all good too.

The only downside was that I wanted to take a salad to my friend in Crestline and wanted it to be fresh. So I went out of my way to go by in the morning, only to discover they don't serve salads before 11:00 a.m. Great big bummer; not that they don't serve it, but that I didn't know. The menu I brought home with me didn't say that either. So my recommendation would be to put it on the menu above the salads listing (for newbies) and also list the store hours if possible. Overall, good job! Very fast and friendly service too.

Pros: Great, healthy food, Fast service, Friendly staff

A little pricey - Edit

I ordered two salads and a acai bowl. My total came to 30.00. Which might have been ok, but the portion sizes weren't worth the price. I thought I'd have enough to share a salad with another adult, but I didn't. The vegan chicken was good, just dived too small. Portions were skimpy.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Pricey , Small portions

Good food, but be cautious! - Edit

I used to order the vegan caesar salad from here every week, until the last few times where there has been chicken in my salad.

The staff seemed to be confusing the vegan chicken option with the real chicken option, and even when I ordered the salad with no chicken whatsoever, there were still chicken pieces. I emailed the manager of the store about this and she responded quickly saying they would talk to the staff about being more careful.

I have yet to be back, but would recommend this place to anyone once this issue is solved!

They also have vegan, gluten free (and some other allergen-free) loafs available at the cash register.

Pros: Delicious vegan caesar salad, Nice baked goods

Cons: Cleanliness

Flippin' delicious! - Edit

Omg the salad box is delicious! I believe this location is fairly new..I'm addicted. I've been trying the acai bowls. The small fills me up as a meal. My favorite is the peanut butter bowl. It's awesome that they have a vegan honey option, and also vegan salad dressing. The employees are very knowledgeable and helpful about items on the menu. Everything is fresh and healthy. You can even order from their app while on the go. I can't get enough.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-30

Pros: Vegan, Healthy, Friendly

Return to Upland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Salad Box closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.