First Review by Oliver

Highly recommended - Edit

We stayed here while on a short walking holiday based in Eastbourne, and so glad we found this little gem. Very cosy very clean dog friendly B&B with super breakfasts. All vegetarian and vegan with none of the usual greasy frying smells so common in seaside guesthouses. Owners extremelu helpful and friendly, they recommended local veggie friendly places and gave us a discount card for some of the best restaurants. Breakfast included homemade fruit salad, squeezed juices, homemade breads and james, soya yoghurts and plant milks. We are definitely going back!

Pros: Totally vegetarian kitchen, Dog friendly, Overlooking the beach

Good hotel, but what's so vegetarian about it? - Edit

On a recent visit to Eastbourne I stayed at this b&b thinking that it was going to cater well for vegans and vegetarians.
The owners were very friendly and lovely, made me feel welcome, however I think that they should improve the selection of breakfast items and make it more veg-orientated and serve things that aren't served in other b&bs. There was bread, jams, croissants, cheese, yoghurts, muesli plus some soya yoghurts for the vegans. However, you can get this kind of breakfast in any b&b (minus the soya yoghurts.) There was no cooked veg*n breakfast which is what I would have expected as something you don't normally get in other places. If they really want to stand out as a vegetarian b&b that's what they should go for, yes the owners are lovely and the rooms are nice and reasonably priced, but if you choose to be catered for as a vegetarian or vegan you would expect more.
I would go and stay there again for how I was treated and made feel welcome, but there wasn't anything particularly vegetarian or vegan that you couldn't have got elsewhere.

Pros: central, reasonably priced, very welcoming

Cons: you could get their breakfast elsewhere, cold room, no extra blankets in room

Superb veggie hotel - Edit

This new 100% vegetarian hotel has just opened a few months ago. It's housed in a historic building, but has been fully and tastefully renovated to a very high standard (4 ****) by the new (veg.) proprietor. It's directly at the Marine Parade, so facing the seaside, and just a few minutes walk from the pier.

It's a pity that I could only stay there for 1 night, because it was already fully booked before and after, because it was probably the best hotel I ever stayed at. My room was very spacious, tastefully furnished and had a comfortable bed. The bathroom was also very spacious, clean and had a nice selection of toiletries. I was pleasantly surprised about my room. Usually, single rooms are very small and don't offer much comfort, this was very different. But to add to this: I had a fantastic view to the seaside! It was great waking up and watching the sea.

Breakfast was another nice surprise. Being a vegan, I was very well catered for, home-made bread, cereals, marmelade, fresh fruit juice, soy milk, soy yoghurt, fresh fruit salad ..., what else could you want? I think, you can also have a cooked breakfast, but that's too much for me in the morning, especially during summer. There was also a good selection of newspapers.

The lady, who is running the hotel, is a dedicated vegetarian herself and was friendly & helpful. She advised me about places to eat out (Green's, see elsewhere) and it was nice there, too.

I am sure this hotel will be runnig fine and I will definitely stay there again when I am travelling through the south. But for a longer stay, then!

Pros: Stylish, Spacious, Superb!

Cons: none

Return to Eastbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Royal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.