CLOSED: The Roost Southern Kitchen

Contact 256-808-3981

2022 Jordan Lane NW, Huntsville, Alabama, USA, 35816

Serves meat, vegan options available. Counter serve Southern-American soul food in a strip mall. Separate, changing vegetarian menu with a couple of vegan options including pecan patty medallions in gravy and vegan fried fish plus vegan side dishes like mac and cheeze, potato salad, and southern greens. Confirmed closed October 2016. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Manlyvegan

Vegan Mac&Cheese!!! - Edit

This place is amazing!!! If you miss some of the non-vegan comfort foods like Mac&Cheese and things with gravy and desserts go here. The staff are so sweet as well, and I am shocked they advertise as soulfood vegetarian vegan right on their banner above their door. I went during off hours so I don't know but I hope this business is thriving they're incredible. Be prepared to be in a food coma though it really is soulfood.

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options

Cons: A little pricey but worth it.

Vegan soul food! - Edit

Happened to come across this place searching vegetarian on Google on my last night in town. So glad I did. Run by a sweet southern family who greeted me happily.

They had 5 options for vegetarian, of those two were vegan. The pecan patty medallions and the vegan fried fish. I went with the former. It was only $6.75 and included 2 sides! I was surprised how many of the sides were vegan or had the option and I landed on southern greens, potato salad, and I added Mac and cheese because I had to. All that with a sweet tea came to less than $12.

Super casual, I was actually expecting a hip, rustic themed restaurant based on their logo design and their online presence. But it's a nice place to grab a quick bite to either eat there or take to go.

Pros: Vegan soul food!, Friendly service.

Cons: Wish more of it was vegan.

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Roost Southern Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.