The Refreshment Saloon

Contact 717-338-1243

1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 17325

Serves meat, vegan options available. A place to eat lunch or snack while visiting the Gettysburg National Battlefield Visitor Center. The menu is typical American fare with burgers and hot dogs, but in the cold case you'll find multi-grain salads labeled vegan as well as hummus in take-away container. There is also fresh fruit, nut and dried fruit mixes. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sgottlieb

Major Disappointment - Edit

I was so excited to find out about the vegetarian chicken sandwich I planned to head over that day. I called ahead and was told that they no longer have it. I only gave 2 stars since they have a veggie burger, which is a good thing but I don't need to run over for that as you can find them at many restaurants.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-04

More options now! - Edit

They have a vegetarian chicken sandwich and a veggie burger. They also serve macaroni & cheese and personal size veggie or cheese pizza. All were good, as I visited often in the past month. This venue is pricey but the vegetarian options are priced in proper proportion to the meat items. Silk soy milk, juices, and bottled water are available to drink.

Pros: Number of options for food & drink, Portion size

Cons: Price

2 Responses

DannyRebel 23 May 2015 - The vegetarian chicken sandwich is Lifestyle Foods brand Sedona Vegetarian Chick'n strip sandwich. The veggie burger is most likely a commercial brand although they could not tell me which brand.

Veg4Life75 20 Nov 2016 - I can't express how stoked I was to find this but then when I called I was told they no longer have the vegetarian chicken sandwich and that's all I wanted to try. Such a let down and I expressed this to the lady..who of which sounded like she doesn't use the phone very much lol. I will be leaving a note on their facebook page.

Happy to find they carried vegan items! - Edit

I had only a short time between bike tours of the battlefield and thought I'd have to make do with french fries or pretzels, but The Refreshment Saloon actually had at least 2 whole grain salads that were marked vegan as well as single-serve packs of Sabra hummus with pretzel chips. Between that and some burger fixins that I turned into a salad, I was good to go for my 18-mile bike tour :-)

Pros: Quick, Expensive

Cons: Not a lot of choices

Return to Gettysburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Refreshment Saloon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.