The Red Pearl

• Veg-friendly
Contact 831-338-9800

13151 Highway 9, Boulder Creek, California, USA, 95006

Serves meat, vegan options available. Extensive Chinese food menu that's primarily meat-centered but also includes many vegetable, tofu, and mock meat dishes. Has vegi chicken, vegi duck, vegi ham, vegi fish, etc. - ask if vegan or not. Has TV and Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by moretofuplease

Vegans welcome! - Edit

We received a warm welcome at The Red Pearl, as our server approved our choices ("Hot and Sour Soup? Yes, we can do it vegan!") and offered us complimentary "vegan rolls" (which were deep-fried and looked a lot like egg rolls, but I didn't ask), jasmine tea, and a variety of sauces, including wasabi. Soup was very good, and lots of it. Broccoli with cashews was OK -- crisp and fresh, but the white sauce was nothing. I liked the mock meat chicken (but my wife thought it tasted like chicken gone bad) which came with sauteed Japanese eggplant in a garlic sauce that was more sweet than spicy, but chili paste helped kick it up a notch. We visited on New Years Day, grateful to have such good food available to us when many other restaurants were closed.

Pros: Friendly service, Many vegan options, Ample portions

Return to Boulder Creek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Red Pearl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 461 times since Oct 2012.