The Red Lentil

617-972-9188

600 Mount Auburn St, Watertown, Massachusetts, USA, 02472

Providing globally inspired vegetarian foods since 2009. Offers seasonal menus with daily specials and brunch on Sunday. Makes fresh juices, and desserts are baked in-house. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by az3

Vegan heaven - Edit

Amazing food!!!! The vegan wings are out of this world! Also had the jerk Seitan, which was so flavourful and delicious!

Pros: amazing food, lovely restaurant , excellent vegan wine

Worth the trip! - Edit

The food is wonderful - went here with a group on non-vegan people - they all loved the food. The Gobi Manchurian appetizer was the hit of the night - my daughter even said she would order 2 orders as take out for dinner! It is a small restaurant so there may be a wait but we went on a Friday night and did not wait more than a 15 minutes - well worth it. Portions are more than adequate and wait staff very accomodating

Pros: Excellent food, good portion sizes, nice vibe

Cons: small wait

Great Brunch - Edit

Highly recommend for brunch. The environment is relaxed and the menu is well marked with what is vegan, gluten free, etc. The prices are reasonable and the waiter was flexible with substitutions. It is a small restaurant, so I wouldn't recommend it for a large group, but for a group of 4 it was perfect.

Pros: reasonably priced, many choices

delicious! - Edit

Food was excellent, nice atmosphere, great service! Highly recommend.

BEST veggie option in the Boston area! - Edit

Red Lentil does an incredible job with vegan/vegetarian food and flavor. They offer such a delicious menu of salad, soups, savory entrees and of course, desserts. They do a wonderful 5 course meal paired with wine tasting on Thanksgiving that will blow your mind. Relaxed atmosphere and good prices. My #1 favorite place to eat in the Boston area hands down.

delicious as always! - Edit

We discovered this vegan restaurant with our family on our last night visiting boston, but we drove back again (hour and a half!) to celebrate a special occasion, it's worth it! Everything is delicious.

In our combined visits, people in our party have gotten polenta with amazing mushrooms, chimichurri seitan steak with potatoes, gobi manchurian appetizer, nachos, kale salad, beet latkes (these were a little soggy, but tasted great anyway), jerk tempeh, millet loaf, smoothies, and pnut butter cheesecake.

Small dining room, so call ahead for large parties or come early or you'll be squished in the tiny entrance area for an unknown time. Service is fantastic, friendly, and very accommodating.

my favorite vegan restaurant!!

Pros: menu, service, variety

Cons: small space, cramped entrance, no reservations for small parties

Good, but room for improvement. - Edit

The appetizers were definitely the highlight of the meal. We got the Eggplant Caponata, the Sesame Encrusted Seitan and the Beet Potato Latkes. They were all delicious and full of flavor.

For my main dish I got the Jamaican Jerk Tempeh. I liked the flavor, but I would have preferred it if it had less tempeh with the same amount of vegetables.

For dessert we tried the carrot cake, which was a bit disappointing. It tasted good (as does anything with sugar), but the icing was too hard and the cake felt like it was recently frozen.

Overall I thought the food was good, the appetizers were great. Especially the beet potato latkes.

Pros: Good food with interesting flavors., Mostly vegan, and menu is well marked.

Cons: Slightly overpriced, Oversized entrees

Good food - Edit

Red Lentil is one of my favorite places for dinner. It's nice enough to go on a dates, or after work. There are very few "nicer" vegan places in the Boston area (True Bistro and Walnut Grille are pretty much it).

It's a small dining area, and you will be seated pretty close to the people next to you. It's nice and the waiters are attentive. The food is good. My omnivore friends enjoyed their meals. My favorite is the Pistachio & Coconut Herb-Encrusted Tofu with Corn Cake!

Pros: Food

Cons: Small

Great brunch - Edit

I had the vegan omelet special, which was just scrambled tofu actually, no omelet per say, but it was very tasty with a delicious mix of regular, blue and sweet potatoes. The place is nice but a crowder for brunch, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

Pros: Many dishes can be prepared vegan, Friendly staff, Kid-Friendly

Cons: Had to wait to sit

never disappoints - Edit

Just yummy hearty creative food, and excellent service!

Very Tasty Food - Edit

I have been happy with all the meals I have had at this great Vegetarian restaurant. Even stuff I thought I may not like I ended up loving. Very tasty and it proves vegetarian food has variety and doesn't have to be boring. Must try their desserts next time.

Pros: Friendly-Staff, Fun location, Delicious food

Get the Gobi Manchurian - Edit

Here's a fun game:
Go to Red Lentil and order the Gobi Manchurian. Then sometime later go back to Red Lentil and try to *not* order the Gobi Manchurian. You won't be able to.

Pros: taste, menu variety, takeout

Cons: too popular == too crowded

BostonVegan 24 Oct 2013 - OMG, that's so funny ... and so true!

Great Food - Edit

We went there on a Sunday night for dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was all very well presented, tasted great, and had lots of options, even for a vegan gluten free family. We were very impressed. Having recently moved to Boston from LA, we've been missing upscale vegan dining. While the Red Lentil atmosphere is fairly casual, the food was a couple notches higher.

Pros: tasty, presentation

Cons: small seating area

Wonderful food & service! - Edit

We heard about this place from a very picky friend.
We weren't disappointed!
Our waitperson was attentive tho all tables were occupied.
The food was well prepared and nicely flavored. Both the carrot cake and the apple & pear crisp were perfect.
We will be back!

Love it - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is very flavorful and delicious. I also love the carrot cake.

disappointed - Edit

It's rare I feel compelled to write a review, and it saddens me I have to write a poor one. The food was really oily. We ordered 5 dishes and didn't care for any of them (daily special entree, daily salad, grilled tofu, seitan sesame, rice dish, side of miso-ginger dressing that didn't taste like ginger or miso?). Even my husband who generally likes anything was really disappointed. We didn't eat most of the food we ordered and left hungry. I really can't get over how all the food was swimming and dripping in oil. The waitress was nice and but she was also working the entire restaurant AND being the hostess, which means she never came by to see how our food was and after our initial order, we never saw her again until she dropped the check off on her way to seating someone else.

great place - Edit

awesome food
huge plate
great and friendly service

A definite \ - Edit

My husband and I took our omni daughter here while visiting her in Boston. We and she thoroughly enjoyed our meals which included an appetizer with unusual spring rolls. The very hearty serving of shepard's pie was sublime, and the pizza hit the spot with omnigirl. Only wish we had room for dessert! Obviously a popular place as many people came in for takeout.

Pros: varied menu, great food, good service

Cons: noisy

Return to Watertown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Red Lentil closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.