The Real Greek

Contact 020-7620-0162

2A Southwark Bridge Rd, Units 1 and 2, Riverside House, South East London, England, SE1 9HA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Falafel and flatbread are vegan along with grilled aubergine with garlic tomato sauce, revithia, melitzanosalata, gigandes plaki, hummus, crudites and a couscous salad. Located near St. Paul's. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by SeanDreusike

nice restaurant with vegan options - Edit

The restaurant is near to London and millennium bridge.
you have a nice sight if you choose to sit in the outside part.
I am a vegan and chose to eat the lunch menu which costs 8,95£. It includes four parts: 2 dips, I highly recommend the hummus and the pea dip. I chose the flatbread along with it.
the Falafel have milkproducts come along but you can get them without, what I did. they were really lovely.
the new potatoes are vegan as well and taste slightly lemony.
all in all this is a good place to stay if you like the listed foods.

Pros: good quality, nice view

Cons: not many vegan options

good vegan and vegetarian options - Edit

Nice Greek place with good vegan and vegetarian options. I would avoid the mashed chickpeas and go for the hummus if I could do it over and also skip the garlic smoked Aubergine in tomato sauce.
I will recommend the olives, flatbread and the falafel. Also the tomato sauce for the Aubergine was actually delicious, so I ordered it on the side and used it as tomato sauce dipping for the extra round of flatbread, delicious!
The staff is friendly, but it's a high pace, you can sit inside or outside next to the river and you get your food within minutes (plus they serve it very pretty). It's a nice place and I stuffed myself in vegan food ☘

Pros: delicious food, nice setup , good selection

Cons: the staff runs around and seem stressed , smelly river

Vegan option in touristy area - Edit

When doing a walk from London to Millenium bridges I noticed this place and saw that the menu had vegan options listed. This part of London is not the most vegan friendly, so I took note of the place. Then I returned a couple days later to try it after seeing St. Paul's.

I got their Greek Trio lunch special that comes as three plates stacked in a tower. Each plate has different options, but each has a least one vegan option.

Pros: Convenient, Lunch isn't pricey, Some variety

Cons: Not the tastiest

Return to South East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Real Greek closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1921 times since Jun 2014.