The Raw Kitchen

Contact 94334647

181A High St, Fremantle, Western Australia, 06160

Cafe, smoothie bar, and shop in a warehouse space of exposed brick and rafters. All-raw food and vegan except for honey. Offers raw pizza slices, salads, dessert, coffee, and makes almond milk. Sells products like cacao, goji, and maca powder, seasonings, and books on healthy eating. Hosts yoga and raw food workshops. Relocated from Piazza Arcade. Mon-Thu 11:30am-3:30pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian

First Review by ThrowingMuse

Drop the honey! - Edit

I don't understand why they don't just go vegan and replace honey with one of the many alternatives! Apart from this, RK is my idea of vegan dining perfection.

Pros: Good variety of dishes, Well priced, Classy and casual at the same time

Cons: Honey D:

Super! - Edit

Love this place SO much!

This is our Go-to place when we are in Freo.

Almost everything is great here. It was first recommended by a good friend and we were not disappointed!

Enjoy :)

Pros: Fantastic food, great location, nice service

Cons: always busy, sometimes selling out of things, busier again during summer

Great food & atmosphere, plenty of space for a group! - Edit

Tasty food, very handy to find a vegan place that can also cater to the gluten free members of our family. It is also one of the few vegan places around Perth that can cater for large groups of people.
The prices are higher than average, but good quality ingredients are used and we've enjoyed everything that we've tasted. It's a perfect venue for a special occasion meal.
There are quite a few non-raw options for those that prefer it - I highly recommend the Coconut Curry!

Pros: Space for a large group, Great ambience, High quality ingredients

Cons: More expensive than average.

The BEST raw vegan in the world (so far...) - Edit

OK, so we travel, more than the average family and from all the places we have visited in the world (Copenhagen (DK), Aarhus(DK), Hannover(DE), Rome (IT), Venice (IT), New York (US), San Francisco (US) - just to mention a few.) Nothing has come near the experience of the Raw Kitchen in Fremantle. Everything from the food, to the actual cafe, to the person ell - WE LOVED IT! Anyone living on Australia or visiting Perth - HAS TO GO THERE, there is nothing more to it!!!

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly personell, Amazing atmosphere

My Favourite restaurant in Fremantle - Edit

I always visit The Raw Kitchen when I go to Fremantle. The food is excellent, the staff are great, it's an experience that I recommend to everyone.

Pros: Great Food, Unique Atmosphere, Great Staff

Cons: Pricey, Can be noisey

embarrassed I have not been before - Edit

What a gem and only a few kms down the road. Had lunch today and was very impressed in all ways - both the cooked yellow curry and the raw tomato pasta were well presented and great to eat. It was very busy and the service was fine. So many other delicious meals to try, so we will be back soon.

Pros: food variety, quality, creativity

delicious raw and cooked! - Edit

Had a great dinner here while visiting Fremantle. Ended up ordering food that was all cooked and not raw, except for dessert. Everything was fantastic - flavours were just right. A veggie restaurant that's doing everything right! Service was also great. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Pros: All vegan, raw and healthy options, nice ambiance

Cons: prices more for a special occasion

Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free Heaven! - Edit

Went here for the first time last week after hearing many people rave about it and have to say it totally lived up to its reputation. Ordering was difficult as everything on the menu looked amazing but I eventually went with the famous raw nachos and my friend had the raw pad Thai. Both meals were absolutely delicious! We also had the gluten free bread with garlic oil for starters which was hands down the best gluten free bread I've ever eaten in my 10+ years of being coeliac. I'm literally salivating just thinking about it. I can't wait to go back to raw kitchen for more raw vegan goodness!

Pros: food, service, decor

Cons: opening hours

Satisfying and not all raw! - Edit

Joined a couple of friends for lunch here and was pleasantly surprised to find there were some cooked dishes (not being a great fan of all raw).
I had a cooked vegan pizza with eggplant, mushroom and avocado, topped with fresh rocket; it was very filling and delicious.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Good atmosphere, too.
I'll be going back for more!

Pros: Vegan, cooked dishes available, friendly service

Well worth visiting. - Edit

I'm not generally a fan of all raw but this place made me happy. It's not as though it was largely different from other raw offerings (coconut oil, cashew and date overload, etc.) but what they had was executed well.

The pizza was rich and filling - I love to eat but found one slice enough. Similarly the deserts look small but are very filling and taste good too. (The staff seemed concerned but I flew home to Syd 4000km away with the deserts on ice and they lasted the trip fine.) Unfortunately I did not try the salads but must say they presented very nicely and I'd be excited to try them if I'm there again.

I was concerned about honey but was told that agave is used exclusively. That might have been true only on the day - so check yourself.

Also, the reviews that talk about a lack of space must be a little outdated as there was plenty of seating in a good sized industrial setting with funky decor. The staff were very friendly. A little on the pricy side.

All in all I liked it and would recommend you try it.

Pros: Beautifully presented foods, Small but hearty, Cool setting

Cons: A little pricy, Not all vegan?

Fantastic food & desserts!! - Edit

I am currently in Perth visiting my family and booked into the raw food basics workshop on Sunday which was fantastic! I then went to the raw kitchen for lunch following Tuesday - we ordered the mixed mushroom and macadamia cheese pizza, raw nachos, rainbow salad with tahini sauce, garden salad with citrus mustard dressing. All meals were great! For drinks we had macadamia & cashew milk lattes and ginger teas which were all good. We got a few desserts to take home - choc-mint slice, lemon & raspberry swirl cheesecake and Turkish delight slice - all desserts were the best raw food desserts I've ever eaten! (and I've tried a lot!!)

Service was good and I love the rustic-industrial decor! There is a great health food store too!

I highly recommend to anyone in the Perth / Fremantle area!! :)

Cons: Raw desserts!! , Salads , Coffee

Raw Capital of WA! - Edit

New venue is much easier to find!

Tasty food & a great "Raw" atmosphere with a vast demographic.

Pros: All Raw, Grand Selection, Accommodating friendly staff

Cons: Honey as a , Closes at 4PM during week days

LOVE love LOVE - Edit

The Raw Kitchen is truly amazing. Whatever you have, you won't be disappointed! Situated in the heart of Fremantle in the perfect location(if it was bigger) and has brought raw food to the attention of the general public, which is a great feat! It is very expensive but worth every dollar! The staff are friendly and always helpful! You must try the caramel slice, it is truly heaven!

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Very small space

treat yourself - Edit

This place is rad! They have outgrown themselves. Can't wait to see the expansion but until then, will continue to drop in and sample the days salads and sweets! Never fails to impress. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Pros: deliciousness, selection, funk factor

Cons: busy, space

Best pizza ever! - Edit

I love this place and can't resist grabbing something from there when I'm in Freo. The pizza is amazing, such intense delicious flavours, and the chocolate peppermint bliss balls are addictive. They're always busy and are planning a move to a bigger location in future which shows how popular they are.

Pros: the food, the food, the food

Cons: bit pricey but worth it

awsomeness - Edit

Basically what the last review sarrerose said. Try everything eat everything you can fit in/afford its delcious even my non healthy carnivore brother and mate loved it. Choc berry cheesecake the best. I wish this place was near me in the uk. Much more filling than it looks so go have early lunch then come back later for cake, everyday you are there!

Pros: very very yummy, Cake!!!, healthy

Cruelty-free and totally delicious food! - Edit

The Raw Kitchen specializes in fresh home-made meals all prepared below 46 degrees C.
The main meals are mouth-watering and include raw (dehydrated) pizza topped with the ultimate in veggie goodness not to mention the to-die for nut cheese, zucchini pasta with a delicious raw tomato sauce and of course we cannot forget the Amazing Nachos - splurge on the large size because they are Delicious! On the dessert menu are some of the most orgasmic dairy free, wheat free and sugar free desserts you will ever have the opportunity to experience. One mouth-watering bite and you will forget they are guilt free and with no nasties. The only challenge is what not to get - because I promise you are going to want to sample it all! The raw smoothies and juices are a perfect complement to the food and go down beautifully. And of course for those of you wanting a hot drink the selection of teas and coffees are worth every penny - the homemade almond nut milk is a real treat. This is one restaurant everyone needs to experience at least once - and I could almost guarantee you will want to come back for more! Don't forget to grab some cutlery and serviettes on the way to your table as this part is self-serve.

Pros: Amazing main meals, mouth watering desserts, friendly staff

Cons: not enough seating

Raw Kitchen Fremantle Markets - Edit

I had my first taste of the raw food pizza. The slice was generously covered with tomato olives fresh basil which were nice and tangy along with nut cheese and greens. The base though firm is different from traditional pizzas so eating utensils may be needed to eat it with (the raw kitchen was too busy for me to go back and get some utensils so i went without). Then later on I snuck back for a piece of the raw cheesecake.....in my opinion it was delicious light and fluffy, I didn't feel so guilty eating it as it was natural raw food full of goodness, not as heavy as traditional cheesecake! Even my mum who has never tried raw food before loved it!!!!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 11, 2011

Pros: Good size serves, healthy cuisine, fresh ingredients

Cons: Wasn't given eaten utensils with pizza, More extensive menu needed

Contributions +46

Cool place - Edit

I really like their pizza and choc berry raw cake. My little treats on weekend. Their salad choices are mouth watering too. Very tasty, light.

Pros: Best raw food in the city

Cons: Does not open for dinner

This place will win you over as a raw convert. - Edit

This little store opened just at the right time in the Fremantle markets just when I was really starting to get interested in raw vegan foods.

The main drawing points are the cake and the raw pizza. My initial reaction was always that raw cake and raw pizza would always taste a bit lame. But this place really tore away my initial perceptions and then some. I'm still not quite sure what they use and how they do it to make these dishes such delicious creations, but they do!

The cake I'm always drawn to is the chocolate berry cheesecake which is the best raw cake I've ever tried (other than this one place in Newtown, Sydney). I could eat slice after slice of this and go completely broke if one slice wasn't so filling (I thank the generous nut base).

After having their pizza, it is now such a let down having the cooked version. Unlike most raw pizza I've had elsewhere, the base is really firm and strong and the tomato sauce spicy and generous. It all holds together really well.

They have a way and an art with their smoothies as well, if I want a caffeine fix on a saturday morn in freo, instead of a coffee I now go there for a 'Morning Glory' smoothie, which has banana, agave, ground coffee and macca. Their green smoothie (with spinach) also comes recommended as an easily digested source of greens.

Other items I have less often, but are also of outstanding quality, are the salads, macaroons, wraps, and the multitude of raw books, equipment, and food products available for purchase.

The owners are chatty, inspiring, charismatic and full of advice and wisdom. This is often a very, very good thing but long waits can result if there are more than a couple other customers at a time, due to the labour intensiveness of the smoothie making and the tendency for the owners to get caught in conversation. Still, when not in a mad rush and not hypoglycemic, it teaches one the art of patience.

Pros: totally raw, the pizza and cheesecake, charismatic owners

Cons: some items have honey, long wait times

Return to Fremantle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Raw Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4075 times since Mar 2010.