CLOSED: The Raw Cafe

• Vegan

Contact 313-778-9774

4160 Woodward Ave (at E Willis), Detroit, Michigan, USA,

Opened in November 2010 in the heart of midtown Detroit, adjacent to the Majestic. 100% vegan, raw and organic, this cafe offers a wide variety of menu items in a fresh, bright venue. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by Keith_Thode

worth it - Edit

I dined her with someone from New York who had been sampling that city's raw offerings and was incredibly impressed with Detroit's Raw Cafe. It is on the pricier side but you have to remember you are eating organic, freshly prepared, highly labor intensive food -- and for what that entails this place is a bargain. We thought the service was incredibly friendly. I had the nori rolls, which were tasty. I also had a ginger smoothie which was spicy and refreshing. Detroit is lucky to have this place. Support!

Pros: Extensive menu, Super Tasty, Great location and interior

Raw healthy delicious - Edit

We really liked the pizza, the nachos and the sushi. The cashew cheese was outstanding.
The service was quick and very friendly, but we were there in the middle of the day when it wasn't busy. The restaurant was bright and inviting. It was an extremely hot day but they did not have air-conditioning but instead a big fan blowing, which we found unusual.

The entrée items were each about $14 which is more than we are used to paying. The smoothies were around $6 which is almost double what we paid at other nearby locations.

Pros: cashew cheese, fast friendly service, healthy

Cons: no air-conditioning

juicy - Edit

i stopped in a couple of times on my last stay in detroit, and was very happy with the juices i tried. i didn't have time to grab a proper meal, but what i saw other people eating looked really good.
everyone i interacted with at the restaurant was extremely friendly.

Pros: healthy, atmosphere, location

Great Menu! - Edit

Very good menu with a lot of different/interesting options to choose from. Food is really tasty and prices are decent. The restaurant is in a very nice location and the staff are friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. I havent found anything on the menu that i didnt like

Pros: location, great food, variety

Cons: crowded, sometimes slow

Very Imaginative - Edit

Aside from serving great food, what it takes to keep people coming back for raw, vegan food is a great imagination. This place has plenty of that. The food is not only good but full of very interesting, unique flavors. I agree with the first reviewer - my favorite is the spinach-pear smoothie.

Return to Detroit Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Raw Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 332 times since Nov 2010.