First Review by Poundie

not vegan friendly - Edit

I went on a Sunday at 2:00 pm and the only option was their brunch menu, which included only items with eggs, cheese, or both. The waitress said that what was on the menu was all they had to offer. Food was good, but I was very disappointed that the only option was for me to either leave or eat cheese.

Pros: great food, great service, gluten free bread available

Cons: no vegan options, limited menu, small portions

Grilled cheese/mac and cheese place - Edit

This is a relaxed coffee/beer bar with mostly communal tables and stool seating that serves grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and other such comfort foods--with very few vegan options. ThoughI am not vega, I prefer vegan foods, and I rarely eat grilled cheese--but I thought I would give it a shot and ordered one (there were no vegan meal options for lunch). The sandwich I ate was bready, fatty, and cheesy. To be fair, it was delicious, one of best grilled cheeses I ever had (I was queasy afterwards, but I think becauseI am no longer used to eating such foods). If this were a grilled cheese web site, I would rate it very high. But Happycow members have different values and standards, and I feel most of its members would find this place disappointing. I asked the servers why they don't have some more vegan options. They told me that they figured they focus on what they are good at. This is fine..but the result is a low Happycow rating.

Pros: good grilled cheese, friendly place

Cons: almost no vegan options, not healthy, hard to find

Return to Astoria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Queens Kickshaw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1851 times since May 2013.