The Quarry Cafe

• Vegetarian
Contact +44-1654702424

13 Maengwyn Street, Machynlleth, Wales, Sy20 8eb

Re-opened fall-2013 after short closure and is operating as an independent cafe. Serves hot dishes, salads, snacks, and cakes. Local and welsh produce also available.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Buffet, British, English, Welsh

First Review by Stevie

Another one we'll go back to! - Edit

We went to the Quarry Shop Cafe in the town - not at the CAT (although we have been there before and enjoyed it too!). Service a little slow but with a smile. Nice ambience. Reasonable choice. I had a slice of pizza AND a potato and onion patty (can't believe that!) plus some salad and my other half had a piece of beetroot (pieces far too large!) and goats cheese quiche and salad which he enjoyed. Can't remember the total price but including a good hot chocolate and a latte I think it was around £20. I really didn't need the pizza but it was nice!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 17, 2011
And now we have won a free lunch in a competition we entered in August so can enjoy it all over again !!

Very tasy food, friendly staff - Edit

I loved the haloumi and portobello mushroom 'burger', the wholemeal pizza and the chick pea and aubergine casserole and jacket potato was very nice too. Even the bought-in cold drinks we had, root beer and sarsparilla were unusual and nice.

Pros: Tasty food, Healthy, Friendly

The place to eat in Machynlleth - Edit

Cafe and shop are a few yards apart in the main street of town. You can't miss them. They are the shops with yellow suns in the windows and solar panels on their roofs.

Tasty warm food is just what you need in the mountains of Wales, where it tends to rain quite a lot. The Quarry Cafe doesn't let you down and the knowledge that the CAT is dedicated to protecting the environment makes the food taste better still.

Pros: Environmentally friendly, Tasty food

Return to Machynlleth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Quarry Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1675 times since Aug 2007.